• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 vagibon

vagibon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

I'm fairly new and have bin playing for a while ive using the azodin kaos. I've never owned an electric marker and I want to upgrade from my kaos. i really like the look of the dp e1 and the board doesn't bother me because I'm only going to use semi anyway. I'm a smaller guy so the size won't bother me either. I'm open to any suggestions on other markers that seem to fit what I want.

Thanks In advance for any feedback

#2 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,647 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

Nope its a piece of crap. Take a look at the GOG Envy, better in every category.

But, (assuming you have a good mask, loader and tank), I strongly suggest you look in the used market. Just about anything for $200 used will murder any new gun upto around $500.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#3 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

I highly recommend against it, the DP E1 has a stove pipe feedneck and not all hoppers will fit unless you're sticking with a gravity feed...

in that budget range I recommend a Gog Envy and for $50 the Extcy, both those markers out preforms the E1 in every way
my feedback :) 16/0/0
www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

www.santaclarapaintball.com

#4 vagibon

vagibon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

I highly recommend against it, the DP E1 has a stove pipe feedneck and not all hoppers will fit unless you're sticking with a gravity feed...

in that budget range I recommend a Gog Envy and for $50 the Extcy, both those markers out preforms the E1 in every way

They're 2 reasons It didn't appeal to me

1 it doesn't have a on off Asa and 2 I heard gog was basically smart parts and you have to upgrade everything on the gun. I want a gun around $200 that I won't have to upgrade anything accept maybe the barrel. Other than that I've heard nothing but good things about the envy.

#5 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,647 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

No gun currently made needs a new barrel, so throw that idea out the window. An on/off ASA is a luxury, in game, an on/off isn't going to help you, and anyway, you gas your gun up and leave it on for the day. GOG is the new Smart Parts, upgrading everything only applies to the older Shockers and the non XE Ion.

#6 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

1 it doesn't have a on off Asa and 2 I heard gog was basically smart parts and you have to upgrade everything on the gun. I want a gun around $200 that I won't have to upgrade anything accept maybe the barrel. Other than that I've heard nothing but good things about the envy.

They may be the reincarnation of smart parts, but the whole upgrade the entire gun thing was just with the ion. The gog guns are solid out of the box. And a clamping feedneck > on/off asa. It's better to be able to use any hopper and be sure it doesn't fall off than having it easier to unscrew your tank. You only put it on and take it off once, maybe twice a day, so not having an on/off shouldn't be a deal breaker at this price point on new guns. No clamping feedneck is always a deal breaker.

#7 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

Besides the Extcy has a on/off, a black heart board, bolt out the back, eye covers and a clamping feedneck which doesn't require any upgrades and the envy is only minus black heart board and on/off Asa

The e1 has none of that

Edited by Razgriz183, 02 October 2012 - 02:30 PM.

www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

#8 vagibon

vagibon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

They may be the reincarnation of smart parts, but the whole upgrade the entire gun thing was just with the ion. The gog guns are solid out of the box. And a clamping feedneck > on/off asa. It's better to be able to use any hopper and be sure it doesn't fall off than having it easier to unscrew your tank. You only put it on and take it off once, maybe twice a day, so not having an on/off shouldn't be a deal breaker at this price point on new guns. No clamping feedneck is always a deal breaker.

Thanks for the help! I guess I'll look into the envy.

#9 vagibon

vagibon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

I have one more question should I just buy the envy now or play with the kaos a little longer and save and get to the $250-$300 range and go from there?

Also keep in mind I mainly play recball and woodsball only one field near me has a speedball field but I do plan on going everyonce in a while

Edited by vagibon, 02 October 2012 - 02:42 PM.

#10 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

if u want a huge difference in performance i would save up for a Empire axe or a Proto Reflex

Taking small steps is a waste of money because you'll always want better
www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

#11 vagibon

vagibon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

if u want a huge difference in performance i would save up for a Empire axe or a Proto Reflex

Taking small steps is a waste of money because you'll always want better

Ok thanks

#12 thetinman

thetinman

thetinman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

I was in your situation: trying to decide which $250 dollar gun to buy. I went with the Proto Rail because it is lighter than the eXtcy because I am playing tourny/speedball. And didn't need all the modes except psp and semi. Since you are playing rec/woodsball the eXtcy Blackheart is better because of the better boards, the clamping feedneck, and the preferable 14" barrel I (I know length doesn't matter in accuracy but I like the longer barrel for easier reference point for aiming).

Make sure you have a good hopper and mask first (and hpa tank).

#13 GeoAkuna

GeoAkuna

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

Just save up. The Kaos is a solid marker, and you could definitely stick with it for a while until you could get a mid range or a used high end marker.

#14 vagibon

vagibon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Just save up. The Kaos is a solid marker, and you could definitely stick with it for a while until you could get a mid range or a used high end marker.

Are there any good upgrades or barrels that would make it better?

#15 SoCalPB22

SoCalPB22

Just Addictied...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

Just keep your Kaos stock and save up enough for a better market. When you buy a Kaos then a E1 your going from Low Range gun To Low Range Gun

Save up or buy used. You will find if you buy used you can get some good deals on high end markers that will smoke 300$ markers

#16 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:14 AM

Nope its a piece of crap. Take a look at the GOG Envy, better in every category.

But, (assuming you have a good mask, loader and tank), I strongly suggest you look in the used market. Just about anything for $200 used will murder any new gun upto around $500.

Correction gun is nothing compared to skill but I assume that you were purely talking about gun vs gun not skill but just wanted to lay that out there anyways. But what is all the equipment you have? Make sure you have an AMAZING mask before you consider gun.

Ohio Raiders 

#17 vagibon

vagibon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

Correction gun is nothing compared to skill but I assume that you were purely talking about gun vs gun not skill but just wanted to lay that out there anyways. But what is all the equipment you have? Make sure you have an AMAZING mask before you consider gun.

The equipment I corrently own are dye i4s, invert too, ninja 50/4500, and azodin kaos. The reason I'm looking into a new marker is because I want something that can atleast shoot 11 bps. Right now I'm thinking of saving up until I can get the proto rail.

#18 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,647 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

Rest of your setup is great, if you don't want to go used, a Rail is a great choice.

#19 Hanzo

Hanzo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

I own one, its my ex's gun, she loved it but we only used it for woodsball, so speed wasn't an issue...got it used for 100 bucks with a bunch of other crap! haha, Its not bad shooting wise, the trigger feels good, barrel is throw away but it is cocker threaded, but the build quality is average. Parts are on the cheaper side, trigger frame is like 35 bucks. and its a bit finicky with o-rings. If you want a shooter that works week after week I'd go with like a used Mini for a little more. Lots of people go heavy into paintball and get nice guns then never play again so they get posted on Craiglist a lot. If you play once a month or so its not a bad gun to own...maintain it well, and you got a cheap marker with eyes, on off asa, with a decent trigger action.

Alternatives that cost a bit more:

Mini -if you ca swing it the Axe is the better version, but its also more
Azodin Zenith(also had one it was pretty quick)..this ones got a big trigger frame tho

Good luck...

Hit me up if you want to buy an E1 hahaha, since its was used by my ex. and she is now my ex. I could care less!

#20 vagibon

vagibon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

Would the e1 be a better gun if it had a clamping feedneck?

#21 newwestswag

newwestswag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

The board is still an issue but it's not worth the $30 for a feedneck if you were thinking of upgrading it. buy a proto rail or the gog extcy. And do you have a pack? If you don't I recommend getting one of those too.

#22 Hanzo

Hanzo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

you can get a clamping feed neck for the e1 on ebay for around 10 bucks. or look in the BST of different forums for a cheap one, I believe its the same threading as a proto rail. As for it being a better gun, probably not, I mean the neck holds the hopper in place, doesn't make it shoot better. Its pretty much an entry level gun. Basically better then renting...if you want to continue in the sport the rail or mini is the better choice. Give us a ball park figure as to what you want to spend, Im sure I can find you something if its reasonable...or maybe post in the WTB section as well. I;ve been able to get some great deals from people quiting the sport, so much so that I have bought and sold enough gear to pay for all the gear that I play with. Currently I have 4 grand worth of gear, and Im only about 400 bucks in the hole. haha. It not an expensive sport if you know how to do it. The only part that I cant get back is paint and entry to parks.

Also consider if you want to eventually play tourny you may want more firing modes, and then the lack of a more advance board will be an issue.

Edited by Hanzo, 03 October 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#23 vagibon

vagibon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

I own one, its my ex's gun, she loved it but we only used it for woodsball, so speed wasn't an issue...got it used for 100 bucks with a bunch of other crap! haha, Its not bad shooting wise, the trigger feels good, barrel is throw away but it is cocker threaded, but the build quality is average. Parts are on the cheaper side, trigger frame is like 35 bucks. and its a bit finicky with o-rings. If you want a shooter that works week after week I'd go with like a used Mini for a little more. Lots of people go heavy into paintball and get nice guns then never play again so they get posted on Craiglist a lot. If you play once a month or so its not a bad gun to own...maintain it well, and you got a cheap marker with eyes, on off asa, with a decent trigger action.

Azodin Zenith(also had one it was pretty quick)..this ones got a big trigger frame tho

Good luck...

Hit me up if you want to buy an E1 hahaha, since its was used by my ex. and she is now my ex. I could care less!

How much are you selling for?

#24 Hanzo

Hanzo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

Good luck...

How much are you selling for?

Well if you are serious, I think TechPB needs me to make a formal ad for the gun. with proper selling forms and pictures. I can do that but I can't formally give you a price without doing it the way its done here. where are you from?

#25 vagibon

vagibon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

you can get a clamping feed neck for the e1 on ebay for around 10 bucks. or look in the BST of different forums for a cheap one, I believe its the same threading as a proto rail. As for it being a better gun, probably not, I mean the neck holds the hopper in place, doesn't make it shoot better. Its pretty much an entry level gun. Basically better then renting...if you want to continue in the sport the rail or mini is the better choice. Give us a ball park figure as to what you want to spend, Im sure I can find you something if its reasonable...or maybe post in the WTB section as well. I;ve been able to get some great deals from people quiting the sport, so much so that I have bought and sold enough gear to pay for all the gear that I play with. Currently I have 4 grand worth of gear, and Im only about 400 bucks in the hole. haha. It not an expensive sport if you know how to do it. The only part that I cant get back is paint and entry to parks.

Thanks for the help that's want I needed to hear I was forgetting about pure performance and swept away in cosmetics ever since I first saw the E1 I want it. I am now going to save up to the $250-$350 range and go from there. I was looking at the proto rail. I think I might of already said this if so sorry.

Edited by vagibon, 03 October 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#26 Hanzo

Hanzo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

Thanks for the help that's want I needed to hear I was forgetting about pure performance and swept away in cosmetics ever since I first saw the E1 I want it. I am now going to save up to the $250-$350 range and go from there. I was looking at the proto rail. I think I might of already said this if so sorry.

dood at that price range I can get you a pmr with a hopper, I sould a pmr7 with an upped trigger frame for like 180 or something like that...what hopper are you using now? keep in mind loaders need to keep up with guns. sahke and baking a pmr is not going to work for you, then there is air. not alot of high end guns like Co2, so compressed is best. :)

Edited by Hanzo, 03 October 2012 - 11:17 PM.

#27 Hanzo

Hanzo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

http://sandiego.crai...3311564716.html

BAM

#28 vagibon

vagibon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

dood at that price range I can get you a pmr with a hopper, I sould a pmr7 with an upped trigger frame for like 180 or something like that...what hopper are you using now? keep in mind loaders need to keep up with guns. sahke and baking a pmr is not going to work for you, then there is air. not alot of high end guns like Co2, so compressed is best. :)

I already posted my gear earlier in the feed

#29 vagibon

vagibon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

Also consider if you want to eventually play tourny you may want more firing modes, and then the lack of a more advance board will be an issue.

That's awesome I hear about a lot of people who resell gear.

#30 vagibon

vagibon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/spo/3311564716.html

BAM

I'm not ready to get something just yet but thanks

#31 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

When we ( my 2kids & I) started playing last year, we made a deal with the other families in the group we did not an "arms race", and we capped our dollars at $300.00 for a tank, hopper and marker. The best new package I could find was a DP E1, Halo Too hopper and a 48/3000 tank all for just under $300.00. The first thing we found out is the friction feed-neck would not secure the weight of an electronic hopper, so I replaced them with DP feed-neck for 30 bucks. The next thing we found out is the barrel seemed too short, another 30 bucks. Next the anodizing was wearing off. Next we had one were the non- replaceable ASA was cross threading. Next we could see this model eats o-rings, while not a big deal, a pain is he butt. Next we all got new markers....

Save your money and get something better...At leaste a Mini, GOG, or if you like DP, a G4. In the end if you get an E1, you will have spent nearly the same $$ and still have an inferior marker.

Good luck!

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#32 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

the on off asa is a luxury, trust me, I still shoot guns without them and it's really not a huge deal.

the envy is an ion done correctly
yes gog is the 2nd generation of smart parts HOWEVER, the guns are alot better than SP's

those gog guns are amazing markers. The e1 looks nice but can't compare in anything else
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#33 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

no it would not, you pay the 200 dollar price for something that has 2 firing modes but the 30 balls per second full auto cant even be used at most fields, even if it is aloud, what is so fun of just pulling the trigger once? my advice is look at the GOG envy or the proto rail. I have the proto rail and love it to death only thing is that cleaning the eyes is a bitch because there are no eye covers.

Lulzjustacat.png

#34 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

no it would not, you pay the 200 dollar price for something that has 2 firing modes but the 30 balls per second full auto cant even be used at most fields, even if it is aloud, what is so fun of just pulling the trigger once? my advice is look at the GOG envy or the proto rail. I have the proto rail and love it to death only thing is that cleaning the eyes is a bitch because there are no eye covers.

thats because it uses an eye pipe... you just have to clean the pipe mang

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users