8 replies to this topic

#1 paintball-is-me

paintball-is-me

CEP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

I've been out of sport for roughly 3 years now (I stopped just after the rotor's were released.) Now that I come back, pretty much nothing has changed. The DM's have slightly different millings, but everyone is still from what I have seen using Rotor's & i4's. I expected all sorts of new products and gear to be out, making me feel wayyy behind.

So I guess my question is, am I missing something? Anything else I need to be aware of while i'm getting back into the sport?

ALSO, don't take this as me being negative because that is not what I am trying to do. I'm just wondering if there is a reason for all of this.

#2 AT3256

AT3256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

The recession.

#3 paintball-is-me

paintball-is-me

CEP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

The recession.

So I take it paintball as a whole isn't going good? When I left it was looking up, but still not the best.

#4 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

If something works, why change it?
There have been boat loads of new products in the last 3 years, just nothing that renders the old obsolete. I doubt we will ever see such a product at this point.

#5 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

Lets see there is gear like pants and jerseys that have "changed" but really only the design. The virtue spire is new and the geo and ego have new models.

Ohio Raiders 

#6 SoCalPB22

SoCalPB22

Just Addictied...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

People are "AGG"

#7 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

well rotors, halos, vlocitys, and Z2's all feed 12.5 bps....i4's are still comfy as well as proflexs and idk were gun technology will go from here

#8 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Your talking about dye products. Ironically even though dye is "the best" they are the slowest to improve or change. Rotors have pretty much been the same but prophecys have gone through multiple changes, virtue made a loader called the spire recently as for DMs they havent changed much since like the DM6. For masks theres the eflex which is the best of events and proflex combined. For markers theres tons of new ones. Ego11 has an adjustable solenoid, geo3 came out not to long ago, machine vapors are out now and there suppose to come with a hopper eventually, luxe has improved some, etcetcetc
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#9 gtr783

gtr783

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

i find this amusing because i also stopped playing shortly after the rotor came out. decided yesterday i would start playing again. from what ive seen. nothing has changed other than cosmetic things
Etek2 pwns my epiphany

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users