5 replies to this topic

#1 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

I recently sold my 2k5 Bob Long Ripper 2 to a local baller at one of my fields, he payed a down payment of a third of the value so he could use it at a practice and then it would go to a third party to hold till he payed the rest (third party would have been a local store that we both are friends with the owner) well it acted up in practice (I only had the marker about 6 months and when I last used it had no issues he even fired it when we met to exchange the marker so zero issues at time of sale), so we agreed to send it to blast (bob longs tech dept for those who don't know) to fix and we agreed that what ever repairs we would split the cost and we would take my share out of the purchase price. well just got off the phone with him after blast had the marker for about a month, the bill for the repair was $385 dollars including the return shipping, at this point my half of the repair bill effectively pays the marker off, so I have no real stake in the matter anymore, hes considering not paying for it and just letting blast do what they will, since he does not have the cash for it at the moment, but I was just curious as to what you the techpb community would do/think? is it worth paying nearly double the markers worth? or should he just call it a loss?
Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#2 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

you sold it to him, if it wasnt broken when the possesion transfered, then you dont owe him anything.

I dont know what kind of problem would cost 385$ to fix from BLAST.

If there are any problems worth 385$ and it was shooting well at first, that means he fucked up bad and should pay for everything.

for 385, that means new board, new eyes and new solenoid. and those things dont break unless he was negligent.any other costs that high would be machining such as helicoil or tapping and if it worked before then those shouldnt need to happen

Hes ripping you off.

Also, a ripper 2 is worth 400 dollars with the right parts.

never sell like the way you did, either make them save up for the whole piece at once or dont give him the gun.

Edited by 510waffles, 02 October 2012 - 10:14 PM.

#3 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

you sold it to him, if it wasnt broken when the possesion transfered, then you dont owe him anything.

If there are any problems worth 385$ and it was shooting well at first, that means he fucked up bad and should pay for everything.

for 385, that means new board, new eyes and new solenoid. and those things dont break unless he was negligent.any other costs that high would be machining such as helicoil or tapping and if it worked before then those shouldnt need to happen

Hes ripping you off.

never sell like the way you did, either make them save up for the whole piece at once or dont give him the gun.

yea not my normal way of selling, and wont repeat, the information i got was an LPR rebuild a damaged hammer and then the tech couldnt get it to stop leaking after that, not sure what could have brought it up to 300 (the 85 was what was quoted for shipping)

Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#4 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

Hes ripping you off.

yea not my normal way of selling, and wont repeat, the information i got was an LPR rebuild a damaged hammer and then the tech couldnt get it to stop leaking after that, not sure what could have brought it up to 300 (the 85 was what was quoted for shipping)

that sounds like a ton of bullshit. BLAST dosent charge anything more than 25 bucks for shipping for 1 gun. a rammer costs less than 20 bucks on ebay so im assuming 40 from BLAST and an entire LPR brand new from blast costs 40( if they were just replacing orings it should cost less than 20 dollars to do).

Youre looking at 125-200 at MOST and he broke the gun. If i were in your position i would not be responsible for any of those charges as the gun left your hands in perfect condition and he shot it too. It was his fault for breaking it and therefore he has to pay.

Edited by 510waffles, 02 October 2012 - 10:33 PM.

#5 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

Blast likes to be assholes with shipping. They will make a profit off you for shipping. Just an fyi.

The price you are getting seems way too high though. Unless the tech is a douche and has like 10 hours of labor in the thing then there must be a mistake.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#6 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

They tried to charge me $25 to fix a 40 Asa. :dodgy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic