• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 paintballer9898s

paintballer9898s

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

i just got a dye rotor and i want to know what the best paint for the rotor. i can spend about 50$ on paint

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

What does your field offer?

#3 paintballer9898s

paintballer9898s

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

What does your field offer?

Marbalizer many different Valken paint PMI stinger and heat. i think they have more thats all i remember off the top of my head

#4 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Rotor will feed bad paint (at least mine does). Go to your field and ask them what the sell for $50

#5 SAHeatpb

SAHeatpb

Yeah let's go with this

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Just buy the paint they allow on their field that way you can test out your rotor and have paint to play if you want.

#6 picaboo8

picaboo8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

Posted Image

:dodgy:

#7 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

^^^
I would get to paint mixed with primer just because you can get it done in one coat.

Spoiler

#8 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Any paint that doesn't have odd, weird shaped, oily, or dimpled to fuck paint. Or just get a Z2...
109.gif

#9 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

just buy the nicest paint your field or store offers at $50 or whatever you want to spend. As long as it isn't shitty low grade paint like from walmart that has sat on the shelf for months, you wont have much problem.

#10 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

just buy the nicest paint your field or store offers at $50 or whatever you want to spend. As long as it isn't shitty low grade paint like from walmart that has sat on the shelf for months, you wont have much problem.

But if you have a Z2 you wouldn't have a problem with shitty old paint.. The only problem he would have is if it caught fire mid game, but then again thats probably just me...
109.gif

#11 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

I like Marbs they are the titts

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#12 SoCalPB22

SoCalPB22

Just Addictied...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

I like Marbs they are the titts and milk

#13 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

I shoot evil and its good.But I use a revvy,so...

#14 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

The best paint out there is whatever is the FRESHEST paint that your field has
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#15 AT3256

AT3256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

My rotor has fed every kind of paint I've thrown at it. Until I tried some JT Toxin that had been sitting for about a year. Not even the mighty rotor can handle this:

Posted Image

#16 ReconDaddy

ReconDaddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

Pmi is a great mid grade
I fight for the flag that I love, the only thing that I trust.

#17 paintballer9898s

paintballer9898s

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

My rotor has fed every kind of paint I've thrown at it. Until I tried some JT Toxin that had been sitting for about a year. Not even the mighty rotor can handle this:

Posted Image

damn :blink:

#18 Twistedfreak

Twistedfreak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:17 AM

Valken paint

#19 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

Posted Image

Share your Gushers :dodgy:

TechPB Feedback 2/0/0 MCB Feedback 1/0/0 PBN Feedback 1/0/0
Buy My Cocker Pump! Sexilicious Tri-Fade Dragon FST

University of Michigan, Go Wolverines

#20 naterab

naterab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

Posted Image

Share your Gushers :dodgy:

^^^ If I could somehow sig that, I would. I'm dying right now. LMAO
Zephyr Paintball

For any and all paintball needs

#21 Paintballar101

Paintballar101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

Marks are my favorite

#22 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

But if you have a Z2 you wouldn't have a problem with shitty old paint.. The only problem he would have is if it caught fire mid game, but then again thats probably just me...

but he already HAS a rotor, so it's completely unreasonable to ask him to buy a z2
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#23 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

but he already HAS a rotor, so it's completely unreasonable to ask him to buy a z2

Where did I ask him to buy a Z2? I said "But if you have a Z2 you wouldn't have a problem with shitty old paint", i never said "Buy a Z2 and you will never have a problem with old shitty paint"
109.gif

#24 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Posted Image

To my knowledge JT Toxin and RPS stinger is the same paint. They were both sold at kmart using a thick green shell with yellow fill sold in a big green box with yellow details, and there are multiple people reporting that when theyve ordered stinger online theyve received toxin instead. Both procaps and Kee have been playing with the names to get more sales (atleast from what ive seen).

Toxin/ Stinger is not horrid paint, they usually come uniform in shape and are not ridiculously oily but there shell is really thick and do not have much fill. I have half a case of toxin right now for backyard shooting and I was suprised at how non dimpled they are. If your field is restocking them regularly then it should be decently fresh and shouldnt jam up your rotor (I do not have much experience with the rotor). Just do not get the year old discount paint like shown above.

Just never ever buy spectrum or whatever name its under now. It shoots fine until it gets cold, but when it gets to 50 degrees or below you might as well not even play.

#25 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

Posted Image

To my knowledge JT Toxin and RPS stinger is the same paint. They were both sold at kmart using a thick green shell with yellow fill sold in a big green box with yellow details, and there are multiple people reporting that when theyve ordered stinger online theyve received toxin instead. Both procaps and Kee have been playing with the names to get more sales (atleast from what ive seen).

Toxin/ Stinger is not horrid paint, they usually come uniform in shape and are not ridiculously oily but there shell is really thick and do not have much fill. I have half a case of toxin right now for backyard shooting and I was suprised at how non dimpled they are. If your field is restocking them regularly then it should be decently fresh and shouldnt jam up your rotor (I do not have much experience with the rotor). Just do not get the year old discount paint like shown above.

Just never ever buy spectrum or whatever name its under now. It shoots fine until it gets cold, but when it gets to 50 degrees or below you might as well not even play.

Are you talking about the mass dimpling spectrum gets when they get alittle cold? Because you are most definitely right.
109.gif

#26 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

I have no idea what happens to the paint. I guess it could be the dimpling. I couldnt get anything to shoot spectrum without chopping when it was cold and it wasnt just me. The rentals, my pm7, my ego 7, friends envy, an invert mini, and more. It just does not work in the cold. Its also quite oily.

#27 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

I have no idea what happens to the paint. I guess it could be the dimpling. I couldnt get anything to shoot spectrum without chopping when it was cold and it wasnt just me. The rentals, my pm7, my ego 7, friends envy, an invert mini, and more. It just does not work in the cold. Its also quite oily.

yea for sure, although i do end up buying a few cases so i can shoot it off without feeling guilty for throwing money out
109.gif

#28 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

My field stopped using spectrum (thank god) and uses purely draxxus/GI milsim. The owner prefers to buy the milsim name because its easier to distinguish between qualities. 1 star is like 200X better than spectrum.

#29 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

My field stopped using spectrum (thank god) and uses purely draxxus/GI milsim. The owner prefers to buy the milsim name because its easier to distinguish between qualities. 1 star is like 200X better than spectrum.

Lol yea, but you can't deny that spectrum is a classic :P
109.gif

#30 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

Use the best paint you can afford. If you can afford marbs, then use marbs (which is a great paintball btw). If you can only afford a lower end paint then just use that.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#31 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

Lol yea, but you can't deny that spectrum is a classic headache :P

Fixed, now I agree.

@theguy- I disagree a little bit. Depends on what your playing. If your playing recball I say go for the cheapest paint that works (Spectrum being a paint that doesnt work in cold). Theirs no point in wasting good paint when your just out there to have fun while playing against walk ons or even in a practice setting where all you are doing is honing in certain skills and just wasting paint. In a tourney setting I totally agree buy the best paint you can. I just think if you go weekly the more expensive paints add up fast.

#32 RampageEtek3

RampageEtek3

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

i just got a dye rotor and i want to know what the best paint for the rotor. i can spend about 50$ on paint

Valken Crusade paint is amazing. Not too brittle, but it is brittle

#33 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

Valken Grafitti is amazing and was one of a few paints I tried that never got a jam in the rotor I had before I sold it.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users