19 replies to this topic

#1 btu shortie

btu shortie

im a BAMF thats BTU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

So im a a freshman in college and I'm taking an 8 week math class (basically a math class that's 3 hours long and its only half a semester long). Well this math class is kicking my ass!! I study all the time i barley have a social life cause I have to study so much cause its such a fast class. With all the studying, I can not pass a single exam..
I have pass one test out of 3 so far and my grade is a D as of right now and its stupid cause I know how to do it but i always do little mistakes which makes me fail.
just pisses me off that I work so hard toward this class and I cant pass a test. Either im just a dumb ass or something is wrong with me. Its really pissing me off. I stayed up for literally 28 hours (adderall wouldnt let me sleep lol) and I studied for one test that whole time and still failed it.

This is probably a stupid rant to read but its pissing me off so much and its making me so stress out. Just don't see why I cant pass. I have one more exam before my final exam and if I dont pass that i basically failed the class. So idk what to do..

Thats about it. If you have any advice that will help that would be great.

Dont make any dick comments I already know im Retarded.

Edited by btu shortie, 04 October 2012 - 07:24 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

Guess you just aren't good at math? I suck at math myself and I can study it for hours if I wanted to and still suck at it. I just don't find math that important at all anymore.

#3 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,899 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

That's why I prefer to take 16 week classes, instead of 8 week classes. Your school might have tutors who can help you with 1 on 1 study time to try and help you learn it better, should look into that.

#4 btu shortie

btu shortie

im a BAMF thats BTU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

I do suck at math but i get it and I fail the exams off of stupid mistakes. The answer is correct I just put the negative in the wrong spot or some stupid shit like that.
Posted Image

#5 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,899 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

I do suck at math but i get it and I fail the exams off of stupid mistakes. The answer is correct I just put the negative in the wrong spot or some stupid shit like that.

Slow down, take your time, re-read everything. When you're done with the test, do it again, make sure you have the proper work. It sounds like you're rushing through your tests, which is why you're failing them. Shouldn't be blaming school when it's your fault you're failing. :rolleyes:

#6 btu shortie

btu shortie

im a BAMF thats BTU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

Slow down, take your time, re-read everything. When you're done with the test, do it again, make sure you have the proper work. It sounds like you're rushing through your tests, which is why you're failing them. Shouldn't be blaming school when it's your fault you're failing. :rolleyes:

All of the exams are timed! And I usually finish them when the time is up. I check thorugh the ones Im not certain about but when your getting timed its a little harder. Not blaming school just these classes are pissing me off!! lol
Posted Image

#7 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

What math are you in?

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#8 btu shortie

btu shortie

im a BAMF thats BTU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

its like and algebra-calculus class it weird but thats what my adviser told me to take
Posted Image

#9 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,320 posts

I thought this was going to be another rant about Highschool freshman, and swag, and snapbacks.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#10 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,899 posts

If you're having to rush through an exam to get it done on time, it sounds like you need to work harder at learning the material. Most instructors try to make their tests so that someone who studied and is good at it can be done in half to 3/4 of the allotted time. Try to get some private tutoring, ask other students for help if it seems like they know what they're doing, and keep studying. But, also, take 16 week classes from now on, if you're struggling with 8 week classes.

#11 Guest_PainX10_*

Guest_PainX10_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

math comes naturally to some. me and my dad and my g-pa all understand math in a snap, but for me, science is the HARDEST thing in the world, i pay attention in class and it just makes no sense, so maybe its just that. doesnt come naturaly?

#12 btu shortie

btu shortie

im a BAMF thats BTU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

If you're having to rush through an exam to get it done on time, it sounds like you need to work harder at learning the material. Most instructors try to make their tests so that someone who studied and is good at it can be done in half to 3/4 of the allotted time. Try to get some private tutoring, ask other students for help if it seems like they know what they're doing, and keep studying. But, also, take 16 week classes from now on, if you're struggling with 8 week classes.

Yea Im getting a tutor after this weekend so I can pass the class. I understand the material I pass everything else except the Exam, and the Exams is the only thing that affects your grades really.
and i am taking a 16 week class for now on but my major is nothing but math lol thats why I took this class. But im changing my major after this semster.

Edited by btu shortie, 04 October 2012 - 07:57 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Baux18

Baux18

Screw you guys, I'm goin home.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,303 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

I thought this was going to be another rant about Highschool freshman, and swag, and snapbacks.

i dont think we have enough of them Posted Image
Posted Image

Well aware, he is a master of sarcasm, and I love me my Baux.

#14 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,899 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Another option is to try and talk with your instructor, see if he/she can give you more time to complete your tests.

#15 hazard

hazard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

win the lottery and forget school forever.

#16 Titan429

Titan429

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

Shit on math

#17 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

math comes naturally to some. me and my dad and my g-pa all understand math in a snap, but for me, science is the HARDEST thing in the world, i pay attention in class and it just makes no sense, so maybe its just that. doesnt come naturaly?

Science is usually just memorizing stuff. For chemistry you use MATH equations. You probably just need to spend more time studying terms.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#18 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Just pratice timed tests, also if your finishing 8/10 problems and getting them all correct, id say thats better then getting them all finished but haveing 3/10 of them wrong due to a silly mistake.

#19 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Try to learn from your mistakes. When you do homework, do the problems as if they were on an exam.

Also, maybe it's just me, but don't study for so long before exams. Take it easy, relax a bit. I know I make mistakes easier when I am stressed out over an exam than when I am relaxed. Try to do that.

Also, don't study when there is less than 30 minutes to an hour till your exam. This is coming from a Student taking Mechanical Engineering classes. That trick has saved my life more than anything else.

#20 btu shortie

btu shortie

im a BAMF thats BTU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

Well im done with the semster for math I passed the final and I got a D in the class not the best and not what I wanted but I passed lol

Edited by btu shortie, 18 October 2012 - 08:46 PM.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users