• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 hazard

hazard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Anyone else hate it when you go to martial arts class (jujitsu in my case) and there's that one overweight know it all who's seen way to many kung fu movies?
He interrupts the sensei while he's teaching to give his opinion on the technique and why he would do it differently, why the technique is wrong, and what he would do.

He brags about how good he is, but loses the first round at every tourney and then makes excuses. I've trained at a few different places(because of distance and gas prices -_-) and they seem to be everywhere, always one,who makes people belittle martial arts.
to sum it all up, if you plan to do martial arts of any kind, don't be a fool...a kung fool.

#2 SynystrAssassin

SynystrAssassin

Flawless is a Habit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

This is the first I've ever heard of this...

#3 Infidel

Infidel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Why would a kid who is into kungfu want to take a jujitsu class? ...and why the need to mention his weight? Shouldn't you be praising him for at least attempting to do something about it instead of sitting on the couch eating potato chips?

But yes, wherever you go you will meet all kinds of different people. Its not going to change and you need to learn to deal with it.

#4 hazard

hazard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

well the weight thing was because he talks about how much of an athletic killer he is, he says he doesn't need to work out because he's a natural...and i'm into kung fu and I take jujitsu. the title was my poetic side at work.

#5 newwestswag

newwestswag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

this is a very original rant. Dumbass' everywhere it's annoying but you have to deal with it.

#6 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

I find martial arts in general a joke.
Yea its exercise but as a form of self defense there are much better systems in place there.
Martial Arts are a disciplined ART form just as the name represents.

If you are ever in a situation that requires you to defend yourself from a violent attacker I can promise you I will not be fighting with a system designed to score points. Your going to do WHATEVER it takes to put him on the ground incapacitated and prevent physical harm to yourself or whoever you am with. If that means smashing him in the groin ok if it means gouging his eyes out ok if that means you have to start breaking bones or dislocate joints than ok.

The world can become a pretty fucked up place, the faster you are able to dish out a lot of serious pain the better.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#7 SWOballer

SWOballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

Yea its exercise but as a form of self defense there are much better systems in place there.

You have obviously never experienced Goshin Jitsu.

A student of Martial arts be it Karate, Kung Foo, Ju Jitsu or Judo will always have an advantage in a confrontation because of one thing, and that is the discipline they are taught.
Cake Bakers United!

#8 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

A student of Martial arts be it Karate, Kung Foo, Ju Jitsu or Judo will always have an advantage in a confrontation because of one thing, and that is the discipline they are taught.

Krav Maga, trumps all other fighting styles. Its aim is to Incapacitate in the least amount of time using the least amount of force necessary.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#9 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,919 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

Krav Maga, trumps all other fighting styles. Its aim is to Incapacitate in the least amount of time using the least amount of force necessary.

Krav Maga is not a traditional martial art. No katas. No rituals.

http://www.kravmaga....s/self-defense/

"Not a traditional martial art" But still a martial art. ;)

#10 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Krav Maga = Awesome.

I dont consider it a martial art because it was originally developed as a self defense system. It was a culmination of fighting styles and techniques designed to seriously mess up someones day if they decided to mess with you. There is no underlying lessons other than be both physically and mentally prepared to act in a stressful life threatening situation to cause serious harm to another person using the most efficient and brutal ways possible.

IE THIS:

Edited by bigx, 08 October 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#11 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Well I guess...
Spoiler

Posted Image

#12 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

I dont consider it a martial art because it was originally developed as a self defense system.

Jujitsu was originally developed to fend off an armed attacker when you have no weapon, or a very short weapon. Aikido is a way to defeat an opponent while doing as little damage to him as possible.

Martial Arts is derived form Arts of Mars, Mars being the Roman God of War. Art does not exactly mean art, as in paints and brushes, but would more closely mean technique.

Most martial arts were either formed to train others how to defend themselves and defeat an attacker, or were formed to do that while also teaching someone more about themselves and their place in nature. Yes, Karate is partly about discipline, and learning how to control yourself. But it's also about how to defend yourself.

#13 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

When taught fighting in karate, your usually taught a mix of alot of different styles, so it ends up looking like this http://youtu.be/S6G0W4E7rmU
and

Krav Maga incorporates Western boxing punches, Karate kicks and knees, Greco-Roman wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-jitsu ground fighting, Jiu-jitsu throws and grappling, and most importantly, “bursting,” adapted from Wing Chun. This is a simultaneous defense/attack: instead of blocking an attack and then delivering a response, you block the attack and deliver a response at the same time, i. e., block with the left arm and push forward with the legs, striking with the right fist to the throat, all simultaneously.

Edited by Blade of grass, 10 October 2012 - 04:22 PM.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#14 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,113 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

ITT: martial arts "experts."

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#15 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:03 AM

This is my preferred style of martial arts.
Posted Image

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#16 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

Anyone else hate it when you go to martial arts class (jujitsu in my case) and there's that one overweight know it all who's seen way to many kung fu movies?
He interrupts the sensei while he's teaching to give his opinion on the technique and why he would do it differently, why the technique is wrong, and what he would do.

The underlined point is just a childish case of name calling, the weight of someone doesn't mean anything about their athletics, strengths/weaknesses, or skill, its just a childish way to put someone down.

What belt is your teacher?

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#17 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

You'd be surprised at how many overweight/fat guys really know how to throw their weight and momentum around, and could totally whomp on people who expect them to be slow and unskilled.

#18 Aulldeath

Aulldeath

Pain is irrelevent, yet inevitable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

We got a guy at work, we call him Kung Fu Panda. Because he is obsessed with karate, and helps the instructor with his lessons.

And TK, totally agree with ya there. I weigh 305 lbs, and people are suprised at how fast I can move.
Posted Image
Yes, I work at Wal*Mart, got a problem with that?

#19 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

It's really entertaining watching a skinny guy walk up to a big guy, thinking he'll beat him easy because he thinks he's faster and better trained than the big guy. The big guy just absorbs what the skinny guy throws at him, and then basically lays on top of him until the skinny guy cries uncle. :lol:

Edited by TK-421, 12 October 2012 - 02:42 PM.

#20 Aulldeath

Aulldeath

Pain is irrelevent, yet inevitable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

There was a really funny video on youtube a while back. Skinny ass kid was picking on a fat kid. Fat kid got tired of it, and just fucking BODY SLAMS the skinny kid, right into the curb.
Posted Image
Yes, I work at Wal*Mart, got a problem with that?

#21 Twistedfreak

Twistedfreak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

I fight for team curran outta crystal lake il. And when i first started going there they had open classes f or walk ins to try out mma. And it was always these gangsters walking in with their basketball shorts below there asses. We gave them a chance to spar against one of our new kids and every time the ganster would get his ass handed to him vs a kid his second month at the gym. Yea it annoys me too. Overweight jock with a huge ego vs someone who trains to fight every day....hmmm.....

#22 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

Every time I read this thread, all can think of is the tai kwan do dos from finding nemoI
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#23 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

If you are ever in a situation that requires you to defend yourself from a violent attacker I can promise you I will not be fighting with a system designed to score points. Your going to do WHATEVER it takes to put him on the ground incapacitated and prevent physical harm to yourself or whoever you am with. If that means smashing him in the groin ok if it means gouging his eyes out ok if that means you have to start breaking bones or dislocate joints than ok.

The world can become a pretty fucked up place, the faster you are able to dish out a lot of serious pain the better.

My uncles friend takes a self defense class, the first thing you are supposed to do is punch him in groin and stab him (with a finger) in that area below your throat that has just skin over it. It feels like a hole with skin over it, it's where they cut you open when you are choking on something and are about to die.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users