• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 The_Mustang

The_Mustang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

I played occasionally for a few years and really enjoyed it. I decided I want to play more, so I got my own gun. My question is if the hopper is supposed to rotate on the gun if you put some pressure on it? I am not sure if this has to do with it but I have the azodin kaos with the Proto Primo hopper. I case you don't own the azodin kaos but it has the twist lock feed neck. I am going out to the field in a week so after I go how should I clean my gun and hopper if they get paint on them (which they pry will)? I also want to know if the stock barrel of the azodin kaos (which I'm pretty sure the bore is .68 cal if I'm not mistaken. I am not completely sure though) will be able to use the RPS premium because I heard it works well on my gun. If it doesn't work on my gun well, can I please have some suggestions that will work with my stock barrel. Another question I have (sorry never owned a paintball gun before) is that Ian not sure if I attaching my co2 tank correctly. I am just twisting it on without anything special. I don't have it filled yet since I didn't use it. When I do get it filled should I keep it on the whole time or take off the tank.

I am going soon so if you could answer this quickly it would be nice. I am new to this website so I have no idea how fast the replies are on here.

Thank you in advance.

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

The hopper is not really supposed to rotate on the marker, but it is fine as long as it is not shaving off the plastic neck of the hopper.

Clean your hopper with a towel if it gets shot on the outside and buy a paintball swab to clean the inside of your marker if the balls break in there.

The stock barrel is fine.

RPS Premium might have a lot of breaks in your marker because it is a really brittle shell and your marker does not have the softest shot ever.

Just screw in your CO2 tank with your hands until it stops.

CO2 tanks need to be taken off when filled but HPA tanks don't.

I recommend getting an HPA tank as soon as possible if you can get it filled at your field.

#3 The_Mustang

The_Mustang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

Thank you for fast response.

My hopper is not shaving off the feed neck so that is fine I guess.

With the paintball swab where would I be able to get one of those. I got the orange tube thing that may be one of those but I am not sure. The tube thing is made of rubber so I don't think that is it since I'm not sure if that would work well with the gun.

With the paintballs, which paint do you suggest that won't break in my gun often because I heard that just ruins your whole day.

I am doing the CO2 tanks fine.

Also are the HPA tanks more expensive than CO2?

#4 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

Thank you for fast response.

With the paintball swab where would I be able to get one of those. I got the orange tube thing that may be one of those but I am not sure. The tube thing is made of rubber so I don't think that is it since I'm not sure if that would work well with the gun.

A local paintball store or ansgear.com. The squegee would be fine but a Bomb Swab or an Exalt Barrel Maid is WAY better.
With the paintballs, which paint do you suggest that won't break in my gun often because I heard that just ruins your whole day.

Just try out the premium. Paint quality determines accuracy so don't buy the cheapest paint out there.
Also are the HPA tanks more expensive than CO2?
There are 2 types. 3000 psi tanks and 4500 psi tanks.

3000 psi tanks are the basic HPA tanks and cost around $40 to $50.

4500 psi tanks hold more air than 3000 psi tanks, are more form fitting to your shoulder, and are lighter. These are $100 to $170.

ANY HPA TANK YOU GET MAKE SURE IT IS A NINJA BRAND TANK WITH A NINJA REG.

#5 newwestswag

newwestswag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

hpa tanks are a lt more expensive but a lot better and any paintball with a thick shell will be fine

#6 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Dont worry about your hopper, the twist locks dont get super tight, but gravity feeds are light so it shouldn't fall out.

If its long and rubber, that orange thing is a pull through squeegee. You can either take off your barrel and run it through, or, with the gun degassed, you can pop the bolt out and run the squeegee through both the marker and barrel. The fuzzy swabs work well for on the field fixes, but always use the squeegee at the end of the game.

For the kaos, I would almost suggest using some cheaper rec paint, just because it tends to have a harder shell, so is less likely to break in the kaos. Especially since you are using co2.

Aluminum HPA tanks are about 50 dollars. The normal 20 oz CO2 tank is 20 dollars. The HPA holds about 2/3 the air of the CO2 tank, but its a lot more convenient and has a better resale value (You can actually sell an aluminum HPA tank, no one wants to buy used CO2 tanks.) Honestly though, I would just save up for a carbonfiber tank. They are about 120-160 brand new, but they hold a lot more air, at a fraction of the weight. They are also a lot more comfortable.

Welcome to paintball, and welcome to TechPB!

#7 SoCalPB22

SoCalPB22

Just Addictied...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

Try valken infinity or valken crusade, not so brittle shell, thick fill and very affordable

#8 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

as soon as you can get the HPA trust me you wont regret it its more consistent and if you upgrade to a carbon fiber one they are a bit more expensive but have the rounded back so they fit into your shoulder extremely well.

If they talk shit, make them eat it.

#9 The_Mustang

The_Mustang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

I think im going to save up for the HPA tank (and I will look into ninja) when I can. I definitely want to get the soft squeegee as you guys have said it is better.

With the paint I think I'm going to call my field and see what other paints they have there.

Thank you all for your help.

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Buy the tank used and make sure it is in hydro (5 years per hydro, 15 year lifespan) Hydro testing costs me $15 and other places cost $30.

#11 thetinman

thetinman

thetinman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

I've shot RPS premium out of my 2005 Spyder Xtra and it worked fine. You might have a break, but it shouldn't be much of a problem.

#12 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

i would avoid ninja bottles because they have been cracking lately, but i would get a ninja reg

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#13 The_Mustang

The_Mustang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

i would avoid ninja bottles because they have been cracking lately, but i would get a ninja reg

Ok thanks

With the paint, I'm a little confused. Do you guys think I should get the premium or not?

#14 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

My enamel cracked for an april 2012 cf tank. It appears to be an issue for April/May tanks from a production lot. Ninja fixed it for free - I used their free shipping sticker to send it on a Wednesday and it was back in my hands on the following Tuesday. Ninja has a great regulator and great customer service, but I'd recommend buying a used tank from swapmytank or off the b/s/t here at techpb first.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#15 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

My enamel cracked for an april 2012 cf tank. It appears to be an issue for April/May tanks from a production lot. Ninja fixed it for free - I used their free shipping sticker to send it on a Wednesday and it was back in my hands on the following Tuesday. Ninja has a great regulator and great customer service, but I'd recommend buying a used tank from swapmytank or off the b/s/t here at techpb first.

exactly, and ninja has been replacing them for free, so props to them but i would rather have a tank that never cracked in the first place

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#16 The_Mustang

The_Mustang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

Isn't it cracking kind of dangerous? Like wouldn't that shoot out air and hirt someone? I never seen one crack before.

#17 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,078 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

No, the cracking that happens is in the black outer vanity coating. The tank itself remains undamaged, so while the cracks may not look good, the tank is fine.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#18 The_Mustang

The_Mustang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Oh ok. Thanks.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users