• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Yellowsnowpaintball

Yellowsnowpaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

I am a fairly new player and I have played a few times with rental gear and fell in love with the sport. So a invert mini is it worth it

#2 SynystrAssassin

SynystrAssassin

Flawless is a Habit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

Nope. I REALLY hated my Mini. There are much better out there for less.

#3 SoCalPB22

SoCalPB22

Just Addictied...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

No, if you like the design I a mini step up to an axe. I think that the valken proton might be a better choice it is in the price range of the mini but there is always a choice to go used. You will find some good deals that will blow away the mini

Welcome to The sport And TechPB

Edited by SoCalPB22, 08 October 2012 - 05:38 PM.

#4 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

Meh

Nope. I REALLY hated my Mini. There are much better out there for less.

#5 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

If you like the feel of it get it used. I'm surprised that some other techpb players club members have not started a buying service yet
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#6 RLV199

RLV199

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

I own a mini, I say nah just because you can get other things just as good for cheaper but the ergos arent bad like everyone says

#7 Minty Hippo potumus

Minty Hippo potumus

Banana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

i'd say its worth it. i got a buddy who is likes his and hasnt had many problems. other than the mini i would say proto rail

Ever seen a sharks eyes before, chief?

#8 NPpballer

NPpballer

I'm Rick James, BITCH!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

Have you ever considered buying used?

You could buy a brand new Mini for what, $320?

I'd recommend picking up an Ego7. Their not the smoothest or quietest, but their light, reliable, and efficient. Newer players shouldn't have to worry about taking care of their gear, Egos are perfect for that.

#9 paintballman69

paintballman69

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the proton is pretty nice and its the same price
Your a towel!!!Posted Image

Youtube.com/paintballman79

#10 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Before going out and buying a gun, I suggest getting some important gear fist. A good mask, hopper and tank are very important things to have.

#11 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Before going out and buying a gun, I suggest getting some important gear fist. A good mask, hopper and tank are very important things to have.

To the OP:

Ask yourself NEW or USED?

New
- Mini If you're a small(er) player
- Rail
- Excty

Used:
- Axe if you're a small(er) player
- Ego 6/7/8
- VICE

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#12 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

EXTCy and if you take care of it there wont be any problems
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#13 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

Mini is fine if your can get one for 150 or less. My teammate sold his at the field for 100 bucks. If you do get one I suggest the grip extender, on off asa, redline board, as you can see many upgrades.
for 300 you could buy an Alias, Dm7, Fep Quest, Marq 6, or Vice. All of these are high ends that would blow the mini out of the water. Idk if you want spoolie or poppet. GoG is coming out with a 150 dollar spoolie at World Cup (late october) apparently. If that's your price range you might want to try it.

#14 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

Mini is fine if your can get one for 150 or less. My teammate sold his at the field for 100 bucks. If you do get one I suggest the grip extender, on off asa, redline board, as you can see many upgrades.
for 300 you could buy an Alias, Dm7, Fep Quest, Marq 6, or Vice. All of these are high ends that would blow the mini out of the water. Idk if you want spoolie or poppet. GoG is coming out with a 150 dollar spoolie at World Cup (late october) apparently. If that's your price range you might want to try it.

Be aware though that GoG's new marker is basically a Mech ion (comes with a single trigger frame.)

I always buy used because it saves tons of money. Bought a Darq Marq for $250 locally, and gotten lucky on some other ones as well

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#15 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

I like the mini more than any of the guns under the $300 new price range, and I prefer it's ergos over the axe's.

And guys, he's a new player, do you really think he'll know how to lube an LPR? Ram? Fuse Bolt? Be realistic, the guns gotta be simple.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#16 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

Wait...

Edited by epic woodsballer, 12 October 2012 - 11:33 AM.

Ohio Raiders 

#17 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

Tippmann 98 is great. It needs basically no maintnence unless something breaks. And it will only break if you do something INCREDIBLY stupid. They don't fire terrible and over all not that bad.

But since you guys are totally going to say hell to the no on this I will give another suggestion. The proto rail is great. It's light, SMOOTH as butter, and feels great. It's a good airball, speedball type marker but will do great in the woods as well. It is also quite. So in woodsball you don't give away position. On the down side it doesn't have many modes, not good feed neck or asa, and doesn't have a great rate of fire but in return its ultra smooth. The efficiency isn't very good on it either. It's also $250.

On the other hand there is the extcy. The board has many modes on the board and its fast. It also has a longer barrel so you can aim better. It has an on off asa, and good clamping feed neck. It's an amazing woodsball marker. On the downside it's heavy, the air line comes through the side of the asa so your hand can rub against it, it has a DVD maual so if anything happens at the field you can't fix it, and some complain it doesn't feel right in there hands but that's just opinion. This one is also $250.

Then there is the mini. Warning I don't know a lot about this one so I may get something wrong or leave something out. A lot of people at my field have these and love them so that tells me something. It has a great feed neck, trigger, its quite, smooth and has a good rate of fire. . It has a bad asa and the biggest problem people have is how small it is. If your hands feel good in the mini then you will like it. That is basically the only problem with it. It's $325.

I personally don't buy used but you can get some good deals on good stuff for cheap by looking through the B/S/T section. Or you can save a little more and buy a mid end like an axe, reflex rail, and etha.

Make sure before you get a gun buy a NICE mask. I can't stress that enough. You will breath better, see better, and hear better. It will be on your face the whole day so make sure it's comfortable. Masks are completely personal preference and you need to try them on first. Here are the ones I suggest. Empire eflex-$100 Sly profits-$90-100 Empire events-$90 And my favorite the dye i4s-$110-120.
Masks are preference try them on before you buy them.

Next is tank anything but co2 will work. You can get a cheap hpa tank for $40-$60. At all costs avoid co2. Enough said.

Then a hopper, something that will keep up with your gun. An invert halo too is great for $75. Then you can get one of my favorites the pinokio for $130. It's light and has a HUGE capacity. If you want the best though go with a dye rotor. They go for like $160-$200 depending on color.

Then if you want get pods and a pod pack so you don't run out of ammo. Finally you get stuff like paintball pants, jerseys, elbow pads, knee pads, and chest protectors. This is optional and you don't need them right off the bat, or ever for that matter but its there if you want it.

So to recap you should buy your gear in this order: mask, tank, hopper, and then gun. I hope you can now make a clear decision and welcome to our wonderful sport! If you ever need any help we will be here.

Edited by epic woodsballer, 12 October 2012 - 11:36 AM.

Ohio Raiders 

#18 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

I like the mini more than any of the guns under the $300 new price range, and I prefer it's ergos over the axe's.

And guys, he's a new player, do you really think he'll know how to lube an LPR? Ram? Fuse Bolt? Be realistic, the guns gotta be simple.

That is easy. Manual. Just because hes new doesn't mean hasn't greesed bearings before. or lubed an oring. I could train a monkey to do it that;s no big deal.

#19 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

True, but how many new players are confident taking apart a four piece bolt and not shredding an o-ring putting in back in the gun?
Feedback 10/0/0

#20 mtn.dew_me

mtn.dew_me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Not worth it. Save your cash a little bit more and get a etha

#21 ibanez350mdx

ibanez350mdx

CCP #86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

If you are a new player I doubt you will have the knowledge to find a good used high end gun deal. Plus, you probably aren't wanting something thats going to be difficult to maintain. If thats the case a mini is a great gun for the price. You get a fully electronic gun with all the modes and adjustability that you need and nothing you don't. I've had one for a couple of years now and I haven't had one problem with it. Most of the complaints that more experienced players have with the mini are simply about its look, its feel in the hands or its trigger. These things don't effect the performance of the gun and if you're not experienced with high end guns you'll never know the difference.

Out of the box this gun is perfect for beginners and is a great introduction to tournament style markers. Later on if you decide you want to upgrade you can or if you keep it in good shape you could easily get $200 out of selling it which is a lot better than spending $1000+ on a marker only to sell it for <$400 a couple years later.

#22 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

get a used axe... fuck the mini.
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#23 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

The mini is basically a baby axe.

#24 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

Exactly, why not just get the adult version? there are quite alot of used axes going for around 300. Mini's aren't worth it in my eyes... But maybe its just me still fuck the mini
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#25 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

I think the axe ergos are shit in my opinion.
Feedback 10/0/0

#26 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

If I ever got an axe I would use a Mini's electronic grip
gnUDL.png

#27 Twistedfreak

Twistedfreak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

Ha i don't see whats wrong with minis i think they are pretty awesome guns for $300

#28 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

I think the axe ergos are shit in my opinion.

Lol yea I used one about a week ago and after playing with a UL frame for the entire day the axe felt alien to me.

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#29 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

Exactly, why not just get the adult version? there are quite alot of used axes going for around 300. Mini's aren't worth it in my eyes... But maybe its just me still fuck the mini

what about a used mini?All you guys are saying"for the price of a new mini,you can get..."when he can get a used mini for $150-200.Are there any used mid to high-end guns for less than $200?

#30 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

what about a used mini?All you guys are saying"for the price of a new mini,you can get..."when he can get a used mini for $150-200.Are there any used mid to high-end guns for less than $200?

You sir awesome, I thought I did say if op wanted a mini go used. Literally for less than $280 you can get a mini with all the upgrades used
gnUDL.png

#31 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

what about a used mini?All of you guys(minus get.lit.up!) are saying"for the price of a new mini,you can get..."when he can get a used mini for $150-200.Are there any used mid to high-end guns for less than $200?

You sir awesome, I thought I did say if op wanted a mini go used. Literally for less than $280 you can get a mini with all the upgrades used

Fixed for you,but only because you called me awesome :P

Edited by paintballguy2255, 13 October 2012 - 10:43 AM.

#32 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

touche.....
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#33 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

what about a used mini?All of you guys(minus get.lit.up!) are saying"for the price of a new mini,you can get..."when he can get a used mini for $150-200.Are there any used mid to high-end guns for less than $200?

Fixed for you,but only because you called me awesome :P

gnUDL.png

#34 Yellowsnowpaintball

Yellowsnowpaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

Thanks for all the help!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users