are spyders really as Bad as people SAY THEY ARE? :tdn: :tup:

#2 obft

obft

Bringing Sexy Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

For the price, their guns are not that bad, however the Azodin Kaos is much better because it has industry standard parts. Their electric guns are outmatched by the GOG Envy, for just a little more. The gripe that most people have with them is the proprietary parts(ie spyder threaded barrels).

Edited by obft, 08 October 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#3 Wolferam

Wolferam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

In short, No. Spyders are not bad as people say they are. They are starter/beginner markers and yes there is better on the market, but Spyders also won't leave you stranded mid-game either.

#4 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

In short, No. Spyders are not bad as people say they are. They are starter/beginner markers and yes there is better on the market, but Spyders also won't leave you stranded mid-game either.

ding ding ding we have a winner
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#5 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

^ This.

Edited by A&mballer, 08 October 2012 - 06:30 PM.

#6 pbcanada eh

pbcanada eh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Actually spyder has switched back to industry standard parts and are nice for the price

#7 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Actually spyder has switched back to industry standard parts and are nice for the price

link?

#8 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

Spyders are solid performers, however there are better markers out there for the price.
And yes, the last I heard, Spyder's got rid of all their metric-ness and staggered ASA's.
Most "low-end" Starter markers have spyder threads.

However, like I said, there are better markers on the market for that price point

#9 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

They shoot paint.... Enough said.

Ohio Raiders 

#10 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

For the price, their guns are not that bad, however the Azodin Kaos is much better because it has industry standard parts.

I keep hearing this and if it was ever true it's not true today.
If anything, Spyder parts are much more common than Azodin parts. For that matter, Spyders switched to SAE screws years ago but the Azodin guns are still built in metric.

Where does this saying even come from?

#11 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

For the price, their guns are not that bad, however the Azodin Kaos is much better because it has industry standard parts.

If anything, Spyder parts are much more common than Azodin parts. For that matter, Spyders switched to SAE screws years ago but the Azodin guns are still built in metric.

He must be taking about the autococker threaded barrel and ion threaded feedneck. I'd still take a spyder over an azodin. Their stock clamping feednecks aren't that bad so no need to replace and you don't to be investing in a nice barrel for these guns so the whole industry standard advantage is a bit of a moot point to me.

Edited by TacticlTwinkie, 09 October 2012 - 04:23 PM.

#12 Wolferam

Wolferam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

He must be taking about the autococker threaded barrel and ion threaded feedneck. I'd still take a spyder over an azodin. Their stock clamping feednecks aren't that bad so no need to replace and you don't to be investing in a nice barrel for these guns so the whole industry standard advantage is a bit of a moot point to me.

Actually, I bought an Ion threaded clamping neck for my Spyder and it works perfectly. No problems at all. Only downside these days is the fact Spyders don't come with 'cocker barrel threads.

#13 picaboo8

picaboo8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

the new gog enmey is going to give them a run for their money.

#14 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

Spyders are fine for low end guns. You shouldnt be upgrading anything on it anyways so what does it matter if it's "industry standard?" Although you're probably just better of renting a marker since performance will be the same and you dont have to worry about maintenance.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#15 invert mini king

invert mini king

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

Ive got a little trick :if it has the word spyder in it stay away

they have lot s of problems

Edited by invert mini king, 09 October 2012 - 06:03 PM.

well that changes everything!

if you wan't sponsers i advise contacting tampax -Luxor54

Posted Image

#16 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

na not really, when you love them they love you back. If you leave it full of broken paint and never lube it yeah it's gonna have problems, honestly though a mechanical spyder is bullet proof. very rarely does a gun that simple fail because of it's design.

I still have my electro spyder, I threw an old WGP reg on it that I had lying around and it shoots pretty nice for something so cheap. I keep it as my backup

Edited by junits15, 09 October 2012 - 06:08 PM.

Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#17 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Spyders are an entry level marker. It's when people try mod a volkswagon and race a lambo that they become disappointed. Kingsman tried to compete with the midend market and those that bought into the advertising was disappointed as well.

My Spyder rodeo is a loaner. It's reliable for the beginner and easy to use. It's been around for awhile and I won't sell it because it does what I want it to do. Nothing more or less than what it was designed for.

#18 Wolferam

Wolferam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

Couldn't be further from the truth. There isn't a marker made today can stand up to the punishment you can put a Spyder through and still function as intended. Every Spyder I've owned has gone toe to toe with the big boys and never faltered. Same with all the Sypders my teammates have been using since they started playing. If you clean it out, use a good oil and change an o-ring every once-in-awhile, Spyders will last forever. Hell, my RS will jump in to Ramp faster and easier than any other marker I've shot. Yes, it's loud, sure it has a bit of a kick (not a mull kick like people will claim), but it still fires 12.5 bps and very rarely chops.

#19 umKthxbye

umKthxbye

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

My Spyder Compact Deluxe java edition is still going strong and has never chopped a ball(got it 10 years ago). I will be using an Axe now after selling the pos x7 Phenom. But will have my Spyder as a backup. I've decided to stop listening to people about markers.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

#20 paintballer9898s

paintballer9898s

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

So I'm thinking about getting a spyder fenix just to try and to have a poppet back up. Would the blitz or the fenix be better??

#21 alexdiaz1994

alexdiaz1994

Big Bear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

So I'm thinking about getting a spyder fenix just to try and to have a poppet back up. Would the blitz or the fenix be better??

I like the spyder fenix just because replacement parts are all over the place

Edited by alexdiaz1994, 11 October 2012 - 03:13 PM.

#22 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

I can think of two Spyders I'm incredibly interested in:

http://www.ansgear.c...dermr5black.htm

http://www.ansgear.c...ammer7black.htm

I had an Electra and it worked fine for me. Only reason I sold it was some guy offered me more than I paid for it.

#23 SoCalPB22

SoCalPB22

Just Addictied...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

Would use a Slingshot over a spyder.. :b

#24 paintballer9898s

paintballer9898s

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

Would use a Slingshot over a spyder.. :b

why

#25 SoCalPB22

SoCalPB22

Just Addictied...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

I don't know spyders are a pain in the ass

#26 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

I don't know spyders are a pain in the ass

What's the pain with them? I mean, honestly, they are beasts of simplicity and reliability. My first gun was a Spyder, and I still retain the one below for mech play. My girlfriend loves to use it when playing as she does not have to be concerned with electronics or anything going wrong on the field.

Is it a good value? Would I recommend a novice to go out and buy one compared to a more reasonable and capable PMR/GoG product? Well...no. They are a long ways from a modern and proper electro as they should be. Far from shit though, very far if you ask me. Their customer service isn't--don't even bother calling.

Posted Image

Edited by Sydarm, 16 October 2012 - 10:56 PM.

#27 elraido

elraido

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

Reliable guns that are extremely easy to fix. A vast majority of the issues can be fixed by swapping out orings. Don't buy them new though. Just get a used one for around a 1/4 of the price. There is a reason why they are the guns we have been getting for loaners when we play.....I think we have about 30 of them now. Cheap. Reliable. Shoot ok (not great but for the price, I am not complaining). Parts EVERYWHERE. Odds are you can get a lot of a few guns for like $40. Make a couple of them nice and use the rest for parts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users