#1 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

I think im almost ready to buy my first high end so i have a few questions,
1. Ever since i started paintball people always rave on how durable the ego is, I dont think i want a poppit so I was wandering if the geo had that Durable attribute to it)?
2. Besides PE and dye what are some good spoolies that you can see lasting longer and its very durable ( I do not want to send in my gun... I never want it to break, for some reason no matter how nice i take care of it some thing happens to it?
3. Ego 11 Vs G6R
4. How does a demon stand up to its predecessors with ergos, durability, trigger ( i really don care about shot quality.
5. Is a luxe worth the money
6. Is the geo 3 worth the extra money or get a 2.1

Please try to answer as much questions you can...
P.S. Im buying new.

Edited by TaFF, 09 October 2012 - 09:08 PM.

#2 owenator

owenator

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

1. Ever since i started paintball people always rave on how durable the ego is, I dont think i want a poppit so I was wandering if the geo had that Durable attribute to it)?
2. Besides PE and dye what are some good spoolies that you can see lasting longer and its very durable ( I do not want to send in my gun... I never want it to break, for some reason no matter how nice i take care of it some thing happens to it?
3. Ego 11 Vs G6R
4. How does a demon stand up to its predecessors with ergos, durability, trigger ( i really don care about shot quality.

P.S. Im buying new.

1. The Geo would definitely be a great buy if you want a gun you can drag through hell and back. I cant imagine it ever going down.
2. The Macdev Clone GT, Vanguard Demon, DLX Luxe, all very nice guns, but I personally prefer the GT. Never shot a 2013 demon, but from the updates, I can imagine it destroying the Clone.
3. I prefer the ego, but thats because i dont like Bob long, and I love my screen lol
4. The Demon is a great gun, and with the 2013 updates, will most likely be one of the best spools on the market. One gripe? The trigger SUCKS... BIG TIME. But its fairly reliable with the 2013 parts.
5. The luxe definitely is not what youre looking for, its pretty unreliable from my experiences, but it shoots orgasmically.

All in all, if i were in your position, I would without hesitation buy the geo3, its everything you want from what I could draw from your post.

Edited by owenator, 09 October 2012 - 07:41 PM.

SLIPPERY WEASEL

Wolfwood "but really, when you get older, one of the best things in life is a really good shit. Makes life worth living."

#3 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

Thank you. I appreciate you answering all my questions. I'm very on the edge of a geo

#4 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

In regards to the demon trigger. It isn't too bad. If you take the spring out, or cut it, it become 100x better.

#5 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

1. Never owned a geo but a guy at my field is always having trouble with his.
3. G6R for sure IMO just as reliable smoother and more efficient.

#6 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

What kind of problems?

#7 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

The problem I have with closed bolt guns is if you get a chop, it's a lot harder to clean the gun out quickly on the field.

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#8 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Why would a geo chop if every thing is functionally perfectly

#9 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

Why would a geo chop if every thing is functionally perfectly

Agreed
But his bolt won't cycle correctly until he takes the bolt out and puts it back in.

#10 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Wired. That does scare me a bit. Did he send it to pe

#11 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

Paint can also be broken from fast cuts inside the hopper itself, it all travels down and gums up the breech.

It doesn't happen often, but when it does. It's a bitch.

#12 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

Wired. That does scare me a bit. Did he send it to pe

Na it's been like that since may and he played with my team sunday. I don't ask him much about it cuz I don't like him. But that seems like a solenoid leak to me, but what do I know.

#13 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

U are bringing up a good point. Is it worth the shot quality witha spoolie when it's a pain in the ass with every ball break

#14 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

U are bringing up a good point. Is it worth the shot quality witha spoolie when it's a pain in the ass with every ball break

I'd honestly have good efficiency and ease of maintenance rather than a smooth shot.

#15 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

The problem I have with closed bolt guns is if you get a chop, it's a lot harder to clean the gun out quickly on the field.

Not with an Axe, just pop out the bolt, run a swab through and you are golden.

#16 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

Not with an Axe, just pop out the bolt, run a swab through and you are golden.

With the older style closed bolt guns, you had to use allen keys to unscrew the bolt and can assembly. Which bringing tools onto the field is illegal (for tournaments), so unless you have a close bolt gun with an ease of bolt opening, such as the axe, I would pass it up.

Think of it this way...

Chop in the ego...
1. Pop pin
2. Pull bolt out
3. run swab through
4. bolt back in
5. pop pin in
6. shots are golden

Chop in Geo
1.remove barrel/hopper
2. run swab through barrel
3. stick finger in breech to clean
4. hope it gets clean
5. reassemble
6. shots suck ass

#17 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

Unfortunately you are only bringing up nothing but opinion. Until I have a gun that seems to chop often I would have to disagree.

#18 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Unfortunately you are only bringing up nothing but opinion. Until I have a gun that seems to chop often I would have to disagree.

I'm trying to figure out how that's an opinion? Guns don't truely "chop" at all unless you have eyes off. If they do It's due to bad paint, too high of loader pressure, or a multitude of other factors.

Guns break down. Deal with it. Most of the time paint breaks inside the hopper, a barrel break, or in the breech due to overstacking/pressure. All of that paint gums up the inside and makes your gun shoot like shit.

It's obvious that it takes longer to clean a closed bolt gun, seeing as you have to take more steps to clean your gun out unless it's an axe/gt/vapor/etc, but also these guns have an entire bolt assembly, can and tons of o-rings. One wrong turn and you could shred your entire bolt up. This is also heavy, so theoretically it would take longer to remove it and clean it, however this value is very minuet.

#19 Paintballar101

Paintballar101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

High end guns barely chop. I have never, ever seen a geo chop... EVER. Don't say I'm an eclipse fanboy because that's not true. My favorite gun personally is the clone gt but if you want to get more than 6 pods off a 68/45 then don't get it. If I were you and had enough money for a geo 3, I would buy it without even thinking about it. Now you can adjust the bolt speed, it shoots super quiet, super smooth, has great ergos, get better efficiency, and has bulletproof reliability. And even if something does go wrong, pe has one of the best warranties and has some of the best customer service in paintball. Plus it's shmexy :)

#20 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

thanks for the opinion but the gun is not the only thing that causes chops tho

#21 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

No shit fucking sherlock holmes.

Highends RARELY chop. if EVER. I'm really not sure how many times I have to say that and restate it and say that there are other factors involved.

Obviously if you actually read what I wrote instead of thinking that I was writing about "geo 3 chops mad hard" you would have understood what I wrote.

And btw, it's not an opinion. It's a fact when it clearly takes longer to clean a close bolt gun

#22 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

GLHF

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

GLHF

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Any gun will do this

#24 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

try it on a g6r :)

#25 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

3. Ego 11 Vs G6R
6. Is the geo 3 worth the extra money or get a 2.1

P.S. Im buying new.

1. From experience the geo is just as durable as the ego in about every way.

2. Im not really going to answer this one because I havent had my luxe long enough, and the geo 2 is the only other higher end spoolie ive owned. I will say this though geo 2 is by far the least finnicky, the first day I brought my luxe out it was 30-40 degrees and it suffered from terrible bolt stick until I changed , the dwell, FSDO (well not really a bolt stick thing), velocity, changed the manifold screw setting, and took out the feather touch screw (probably the biggest cause of the bolt stick).

3. Personally I would choose Ego 11. I hate bobs ergos and ive had bad experiences with bob long

4. Dont know ive never even seen a demon but the luxe and geo 2 are super comfy for different reasons.

5. If you can afford it the luxe is worth the money. Personally I would pay the extra $100 and get a Pooty Luxe (hes a seller on PBN who tricks them out). The only thing that irritates me about the luxe so far is the way you have to take off the grips to adjust board settings.

6. Never shot a geo 3. I know on the ego 11 changing the solenoid setting you can get entirely different shot qualities out of it, I cant imagine the geo 3 being any different. So that feature is a large plus. I also like the frame on the geo 3 much more (the same as the ego 11s). I do dislike the trigger a bit. The geo 2 uses a trigger with a spring and a magnet, the geo 3/ ego 11 uses a magnet and a lever/flange instead of a spring and it creates a mushier feel to me. A very small gripe though. Personally I hate the new geo 3 milling but thats my opinion. Its up to you if its worth the money.

#26 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Three words:

FUCK.
THE.
POLICE.

Posted Image

#27 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

Tick. You are out of control. Please stop. Last warning

#28 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

is that guy under 300 lbs?

#29 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

Three words:

FUCK.
THE.
POLICE.

Posted Image

I give you props

#30 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

1. Ever since i started paintball people always rave on how durable the ego is, I dont think i want a poppit so I was wandering if the geo had that Durable attribute to it)? I've owned a Geo+ and own a Geo3, both seem to be just as reliable as my old ego 9 or my friend's ego 11. If you maintain the marker properly, you shouldn't have problems
2. Besides PE and dye what are some good spoolies that you can see lasting longer and its very durable ( I do not want to send in my gun... I never want it to break, for some reason no matter how nice i take care of it some thing happens to it? From what I've seen, PE and Dye, I haven't owned any high end spools other then PE to give personal experience
3. Ego 11 Vs G6R Personally, Ego11. I like the ergos more, I like the board more, I like having the macroline, I like the trigger more, and I don't like that the G6r needs a new tank reg and a pressure tester to be bought separately to get the best performance out of it
4. How does a demon stand up to its predecessors with ergos, durability, trigger ( i really don care about shot quality.Can't say
5. Is a luxe worth the money Can't say
6. Is the geo 3 worth the extra money or get a 2.1 I think so, but I bought one bnib so I'm a little biased.

P.S. Im buying new.

Answers in colors.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#31 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

If you are going to bash my facts and common knowledge, at least come back with facts and a counter argument.

#32 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Btw tick u need to re read I said that to a different person

#33 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

GLHF

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Only one of thoes even has the possibility of being an ego 11. As long as your not being stupid, wrecked frames should not be a problem.

#34 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

If you are going to bash my facts and common knowledge, at least come back with facts and a counter argument.

I am not looking for a argument.

#35 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

But you were looking to prove me wrong.

#36 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

Thank you lv back packer

But you were looking to prove me wrong.

Just thot it would be a opinion but I guess I was wrong

1. Ever since i started paintball people always rave on how durable the ego is, I dont think i want a poppit so I was wandering if the geo had that Durable attribute to it)? I've owned a Geo+ and own a Geo3, both seem to be just as reliable as my old ego 9 or my friend's ego 11. If you maintain the marker properly, you shouldn't have problems
2. Besides PE and dye what are some good spoolies that you can see lasting longer and its very durable ( I do not want to send in my gun... I never want it to break, for some reason no matter how nice i take care of it some thing happens to it? From what I've seen, PE and Dye, I haven't owned any high end spools other then PE to give personal experience
3. Ego 11 Vs G6R Personally, Ego11. I like the ergos more, I like the board more, I like having the macroline, I like the trigger more, and I don't like that the G6r needs a new tank reg and a pressure tester to be bought separately to get the best performance out of it
4. How does a demon stand up to its predecessors with ergos, durability, trigger ( i really don care about shot quality.Can't say
5. Is a luxe worth the money Can't say
6. Is the geo 3 worth the extra money or get a 2.1 I think so, but I bought one bnib so I'm a little biased.

P.S. Im buying new.

Answers in colors.

Thank you

#37 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

that's what the handy QUOTES button is for.

#38 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

I said thanks for the opinion to some one who actually answered my question.

#39 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

that's what the handy QUOTES button is for.

Posted Image

#40 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

I should probably make a new thread huh

#41 Paintballar101

Paintballar101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

I know but if you buy a super loader which you should with a supergun and feed it good paint, you will barely ever break a ball

#42 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

I do have a super loader. Some times it does happen but pretty rare

#43 Paintballar101

Paintballar101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

I do have a super loader. Some times it does happen but pretty rare

Every gun will eventually break a ball. The difference is in how often. If you shoot an ion, probably at least every 5 cases. If you shoot a geo 3 maybe like 1 ball per every 25 cases. That's the difference.

#44 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

Are you guys considering cold weather or not? Because cold weather is a bitch. Im pretty sure I break much more than a ball every 25 cases. These markers are not perfect, they will break paint. It only takes a slight miss timing between the marker and the loader for the bottom ball in the stack to have its bottom sliced off,

#45 Paintballar101

Paintballar101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

Are you guys considering cold weather or not? Because cold weather is a bitch. Im pretty sure I break much more than a ball every 25 cases. These markers are not perfect, they will break paint. It only takes a slight miss timing between the marker and the loader for the bottom ball in the stack to have its bottom sliced off,

I wasn't talking about cold weather or marker spazzums, I was talking about good conditions

#46 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

Well yeah if a marker was working perfectly all the time no marker would chop. That doesnt happen, mis timings happen and markers chop. I guarantee they chop more than once in 25 cases.

#47 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

Off-topic?

#48 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

Off-topic?

Sorry about that. I did answer your question, not sure if you caught it in the jumbled mess. I dont know why people are nit picking on stuff that really doesnt makes sense.

#49 CdTriX

CdTriX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

I think people are forgetting the basics here...

closed bolt = bolt is in the forward position closing the breach with the ball sitting in the barrel
eg. autocockers
open bolt = bolt is in the back position open for paint to go into the breach
eg. everything else that's modern

a chop is when the bolt either clips or "chops" the ball as it's falling into the breach
a barrel break is when a ball breaks in a barrel due to defects with the ball

easiest way to determine a chop vs a barrel break is if there is paint in the breach, that's a chop, if your breach is clean, it's a barrel break.

I have shot a geo+ and it's meh for the amount of noise it makes. I myself have a clone v2 with gold bolt and it's smooooooooth. Spool valves require maintenance after every few cases. I do it after each day of play so that I don't neglect my gun and have it running with old lube.

g6r are finicky

I have see PE frames bend like pipe cleaners on the field... geo2.1 took a bad dive and bent the frame like those pictures..

I have a up to the max shocker and people have compared it to the luxe. the 1.0 were finicky, 1.5 were better, but the 2.0 is the most reliable.

when people refer to reliable, are you refering to how often the gun breaks down with proper maintenance or are you refering to the fact that you only have to do maintenance once every year or so? I believe if it's the latter, you need to rethink what reliability means. if all guns are maintained properly, they are all reliable in that aspect.

#50 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

I think people are forgetting the basics here...

closed bolt = bolt is in the forward position closing the breach with the ball sitting in the barrel
eg. autocockers
open bolt = bolt is in the back position open for paint to go into the breach
eg. everything else that's modern

a chop is when the bolt either clips or "chops" the ball as it's falling into the breach
a barrel break is when a ball breaks in a barrel due to defects with the ball

easiest way to determine a chop vs a barrel break is if there is paint in the breach, that's a chop, if your breach is clean, it's a barrel break.

I have shot a geo+ and it's meh for the amount of noise it makes. I myself have a clone v2 with gold bolt and it's smooooooooth. Spool valves require maintenance after every few cases. I do it after each day of play so that I don't neglect my gun and have it running with old lube.

g6r are finicky

I have see PE frames bend like pipe cleaners on the field... geo2.1 took a bad dive and bent the frame like those pictures..

I have a up to the max shocker and people have compared it to the luxe. the 1.0 were finicky, 1.5 were better, but the 2.0 is the most reliable.

when people refer to reliable, are you refering to how often the gun breaks down with proper maintenance or are you refering to the fact that you only have to do maintenance once every year or so? I believe if it's the latter, you need to rethink what reliability means. if all guns are maintained properly, they are all reliable in that aspect.

I want a gun that I can shoot About 16-25 Cases a day(tournament) without one problem... Obviously it probably wont happen at all but wich is least likely?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users