• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

Why are there so many fucking rail vs. g4 threads?There are at least 2 a day,and it is really fucking annoying.If you would look three fucking topics down,there is a thread you can consult,not make a new one every five damn minutes.Im sorry,but REALLY?Why make a new one?It is pretty damn stupid that people do this.And yes,I understand techpb is a welcoming place for noobs,but you don't have to ask the same question twice a day.Just look a few topics down,and you can look at someone elses topic,not go off and make your own just to feel special.

/rant

#2 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

I always just google first to see if there is already a thread on it

#3 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,982 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

From Mike, about "sticky" rants, but the sentiment is the same.

Lately, I've been seeing this bullshit trend of topic going up in different sections of the forum, to the effect of-

"I'm getting pretty sick and tired of people asking the same things over and over again in the forums"

or-

"I'm getting pretty sick of people asking the same questions on the radio show"

I get asked the same questions, over and over again. I can't even count how many times I've gotten asked "What's a good tank?", "What kind of loader do you recommend?", "What should I buy for $300?", "What kind of mask should I get?". Two years and tens of thousands of questions later, I'm still NOT sick of answering these same core questions, over and over again. I'll answer them till the day I die, and not even think twice

TechPB is not a "sticky" forum. I said this when TechPB launched, and I will say it again. I only want TWO types of people on my forum-

People who are here to answer questions
People who are here to ask questions

PBNation has 1500 people on their site right now, 500 are in the off topic, 500 are in the BST, and the last 500 are salivating over the chance to tell someone "Read the fucking stickies already!! Did you not read the fucking stickies? That's why it's a STICKY! Everything you need to know, is in the fucking stickies!!!!!!"

We are not that forum. We engage in dialogue. We communicate with each other, we talk to each other, as we would talk to each other on the street or at the field. When someone asks you question at the field, do you tell them "I'm sick and tired of the same questions over and over again, why don't you turn on a fucking computer and a read a sticky already?"

No, you answer them politely. So what's with the fucking attitude on the forums?

Edited by andrewthewookie, 10 October 2012 - 04:26 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#4 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Lately, I've been seeing this bullshit trend of topic going up in different sections of the forum, to the effect of-

"I'm getting pretty sick and tired of people asking the same things over and over again in the forums"

or-

I get asked the same questions, over and over again. I can't even count how many times I've gotten asked "What's a good tank?", "What kind of loader do you recommend?", "What should I buy for $300?", "What kind of mask should I get?". Two years and tens of thousands of questions later, I'm still NOT sick of answering these same core questions, over and over again. I'll answer them till the day I die, and not even think twice

TechPB is not a "sticky" forum. I said this when TechPB launched, and I will say it again. I only want TWO types of people on my forum-

PBNation has 1500 people on their site right now, 500 are in the off topic, 500 are in the BST, and the last 500 are salivating over the chance to tell someone "Read the fucking stickies already!! Did you not read the fucking stickies? That's why it's a STICKY! Everything you need to know, is in the fucking stickies!!!!!!"

We are not that forum. We engage in dialogue. We communicate with each other, we talk to each other, as we would talk to each other on the street or at the field. When someone asks you question at the field, do you tell them "I'm sick and tired of the same questions over and over again, why don't you turn on a fucking computer and a read a sticky already?"

No, you answer them politely. So what's with the fucking attitude on the forums?

:tup:

Only thing that has slightly annoyed me in the past is when someone makes around 5 vs threads in a day or 2, but even then. Whatever..

#5 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

or-

There is a difference between real life and computer.In real life,people can't see a list of the last 100 questions you've been asked by scrolling a mouse and clicking a few times.I can understand in real life,but not on a computer.

Edited by paintballguy2255, 10 October 2012 - 04:43 PM.

#6 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,982 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

He's talking about the forums, and all the questions he's been asked online. TechPB is here to foster a friendly environment where anyone can feel comfortable asking a question, and we are more than happy to answer any questions people have, no matter how many times it's been asked.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 10 October 2012 - 04:45 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#7 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

He's talking about the forums, and all the questions he's been asked online. TechPB is here to foster a friendly environment where anyone can feel comfortable asking a question, and we are more than happy to answer any questions people have, no matter how many times it's been asked.

Your missing a part there.Dont like it leave
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#8 newwestswag

newwestswag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

I doubt you are the one answering that question so don't click on the thread and look at something else.

#9 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

Nothing is forcing you to stay here, or even enter and answer the threads.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#10 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

I don't mind the different threads from different people. That's normal, and that's the nature of the forum. I enjoy helping people and giving my two cents on the matter, even if I am simply copying and pasting from one post to another.

Now, the post from people who post in multiple subforms asking the same question, or creating multiple threads in a single subforum asking questions in each thread that could be put into one thread, that gets a little annoying. But we're here to help and answer questions. Don't like it? Leave.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users