Photo

How often do you clean and maintain your marker?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: How often do you clean your marker? (59 member(s) have cast votes)

How often do you clean your marker?

1. Voted At the end of every day of play. (41 votes [69.49%])

Percentage of vote: 69.49%

2. Voted Every Few times it sees the field. (12 votes [20.34%])

Percentage of vote: 20.34%

3. Voted 2 or 3 times a season. (4 votes [6.78%])

Percentage of vote: 6.78%

4. Once a year. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Voted So that's what those Allen keys are for! (2 votes [3.39%])

Percentage of vote: 3.39%

How good are you at maintaining you marker.

1. Voted Certified Tech (2 votes [3.39%])

Percentage of vote: 3.39%

2. Voted That guy at the field thats always fixing peoples shit. (31 votes [52.54%])

Percentage of vote: 52.54%

3. Voted Only knows how to fix what you own. (21 votes [35.59%])

Percentage of vote: 35.59%

4. Voted I can lube and switch out an oring here and there. (5 votes [8.47%])

Percentage of vote: 8.47%

5. Changes the battery "blows noid" (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Do you like the idea of the "Premium Pre Owned" Club?

1. Voted Yes? (36 votes [61.02%])

Percentage of vote: 61.02%

2. Voted No? (23 votes [38.98%])

Percentage of vote: 38.98%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

Hey guys I was wondering how many of you take care of your gear?

I see so many guns that just look plain beat to hell!

Personally I like to think that I spoil my markers, I brush up on how to take care of them and I am extremely diligent when it comes to keeping them clean. Whenever I get home my pants and jersey hit the wash I hit the shower and then my marker,mask and loader hit my desk for a cleaning. I like to take care of my gear, I have a sizable investment in it and I try to keep it in as good a shape as possible if its covered in paint, has not seen lube in 6 months and leaks like its full of holes then im not doing myself any favors. Im not going to just waste a couple thousand dollars because I was too lazy to keep my gun in good shape.

So tech PB how well do you guys take care of your gear.

Also: Im thinking we could have a club for the BST, "Premium Pre Owned" for all the guys that take good care of there gear, that way buyers can have a little more confidence in their purchase that the person they are buying the marker from actually took good care of it.

Well thanks again guys looking forward to seeing what comes of this. X

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#2 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

When I come home, All my soft goods go straight to the wash, my mask gets cleaned then depending on how dirty it is , I might clean my marker.

As soon as I get a new marker, I take it apart with out a manual then try to put it back together. I want to know that I know my stuff inside and out.

Posted Image

#3 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

When I come home, All my soft goods go straight to the wash, my mask gets cleaned then depending on how dirty it is , I might clean my marker.

As soon as I get a new marker, I take it apart with out a manual then try to put it back together. I want to know that I know my stuff inside and out.

Victory is in the preparation I have stripped cleaned and re lubed my etek3 and my ego5 so many times its second nature at this point. If you know how it works your more likely to be able to figure out what went wrong and know how to fix it in the unlikely event your routine maintenance is unable to prevent it. Plus teching markers is fun :)

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#4 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

Victory is in the preparation I have stripped cleaned and re lubed my etek3 and my ego5 so many times its second nature at this point. If you know how it works your more likely to be able to figure out what went wrong and know how to fix it in the unlikely event your routine maintenance is unable to prevent it. Plus teching markers is fun :)

Taking my stuff apart has saved my ass at the field a few times haha

I actually really like working on markers. when I tech my stuff , I go into a zen mode , it's actually really relaxing.
( Expect for when my TiPX and all of it's pieces shoot into every corner of the goddamn room ! :angry: )

Posted Image

#5 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

I like the idea of "premium pre-owned club" but I have no idea how it would work out.

I clean my shit after every day of play, or I do a tear down, and make sure it's clean when I'm bored.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#6 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

This premium pre-owned concept sounds interesting. I'd like to see how it works out.

Anyways, my Shockers get cleaned after virtually every outing, and the Etha gets cleaned every 1-2 outings.

All my gear gets washed between outings, and my loaders get cleaned if they're visibly dirty.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#7 Dragon1291

Dragon1291

Dragon1291

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

I keep my markers maintained and well lubed. Once before going if I haven't used it in a while, and Once after I get back. I find it really relaxing taking apart a marker, knowing where every piece goes, cleaning, and relubing it.

Truth be told, I couldn't care less about the external lookings of my gear. As long as it can still function I will be happy. That doesn't mean that I drag my guns through dirt, but the occasional scratch or two doesn't bother me in the least. It's paintball, things get rough, things will get scratched up. It's the nature of the game. I laugh when I see kids freaking out about a small scratch here or a little anno wear there.

#8 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:45 AM

Teching my guns is so simple and quick that it's hardly worth mentioning.
I run some warm water and a swab through the barrel, then wipe the valve and bolt down (Automags and Phantoms both have surprisingly similar and easy maintenance). After every few outings, I'll throw a drop of oil in the valve and cycle the gun.
That's about all I ever need to do and it takes about 30 seconds.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#9 BopIt

BopIt

#Swagg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:03 AM

I haven't lubed my gun in maybe another or two? I should probably get on that. The only thing I maintain really is my mask lens, I mean I put stuff in the wash but you can't really maintain pants and pads lol.

if you lubes tank barrel and hopper you can shoot gooder

[bobalis] I will state a theory that the more attractive the person is, the less crappy their piss will taste but it'll still suck

#10 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

i clean mine for fun....

#11 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,656 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

Since my main gun is glued together, never.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#12 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

Lols

Ohio Raiders 

#13 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

All of my soft goods go straight to the wash. I always rinse off my mask (without the lens) before I take it to the field, and always make sure I clean and lube my stuff at least night before. Sometimes I'll do it the day I get back, but I usually do my spools at the end of the week so the lube doesn't just sit.. I love teching guns, hell my NTs have worked thus far. Haha

Would like to know more about this club though..

Since my main gun is glued together, never.

Is your main gun still the Species?

#14 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,656 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

Is your main gun still the Species?

It never has been, its missing half the parts for it to work, haven't got around to building it yet. I consider the 98 I have as my main.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#15 owenator

owenator

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

Im very neglectful of my gear, but I shoot an ego11 so it can go quite awhile without maintenance. Ive never taken my i4s apart though....
SLIPPERY WEASEL

Wolfwood "but really, when you get older, one of the best things in life is a really good shit. Makes life worth living."

#16 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

I clean my gun before every time I play. My hopper every time I have paint in it. And the rest of the gear? Well, 1-2 times a year. :lol:
My pants are usually brown all season long. :rolleyes:

I like dirty gear.

#17 Twistedfreak

Twistedfreak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

I have to get used to maintaining my equipment more often. Going from egos to a pooty clone gt

#18 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

Meh, if it shoots it's fine.

My Ion Xe saw like 5-6 cases before it got lubed, my trilogy has seen 3 easy without being maintained, and the S6 is still going strong after something like 4 cases.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#19 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

My marker gets cleaned and lubed after every day of play, but a G4 isn't too hard to clean. Pants and jersey only get cleaned if they get dirty, same with my mask and rotor. A Premium Pre-owned club sounds interesting, but it seems like people would just claim they keep their gear immaculate. I wonder how we could validate it?
FEEDBACK +10

"Inspiration, by it's definition, comes very quickly." - Jack Wood

#20 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

I was thinking have a feedback thread. BST Transactions just have your "customers" leave a little information on the quality of your gear.

#21 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

Well I used to really be anal about keeping my stuff clean, but i play to much and being on 2 teams and trying out for another gives me a suitable exception.. I do know my shit though!
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#22 AT3256

AT3256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

I completely break down and clean every piece of fear I own after every day of play. Except for my piece of shit Ion from hell. That thing wears its dirt and grime as a badge of honor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users