#1 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

YES AN IPHONE5

So I own a small business that I go to after work to help out my wife that runs it during the day. Yesterday I was the only one at the shop. Latino kat around 19-23 looking around telling me how nice the shop is and this and that. Then before he leaves ask's if I have a tissue to blow his nose. I hand him a few napkins I had on the desk. He's like "that's kinda rough man, can I get a tissue or toilet paper" I get off the desk (my phone next to the laptop) and take not even 3 steps into the back to grab some TP, I hand it to him, he leaves, I sit down, and im like "where's my phone?" I thought I had misplaced it so I called it, when I didnt hear it buzzing I was like "MUTHER FUCKER!!" tracked it online, it was less than a mile away at a house, called the wifey told her I was about to go break down a door, she's like "no wait, let me go with you dont want you do something stupid" I was all trying to figure out the directions, writting sh!t down cause the printer was acting up. She gets there, we lock up, Im soo mad that I pull out of my parking spot all fast and scrape the car on a pole, soo now im even more angry.

I get to the house, im pounding on the door and pushing the door bell like crazy, no cars in the driveway, no answer at the door. I start knocking on neighbors doors. I go across the street and start knocking on those doors. White kid comes out, I ask him if he knows the family that lives in the house im knocking at. He says it's a jewish family. I ask him if they have a kid. He says "yea like a 10 or 12 year old" so then I describe the guy and he tells me that someone like that lives on the opposite side of the same house.

I drive around there's 2 cars in the driveway, engine warm on one of em. I start pounding and ringing that door bell. No one answers. So im like "bingo" I tell the wife to call the cops. I tell the cops that he ran out and I chased him to that residence cause I know they wont come out if I say "im tracking my phone online"

Some latina lady finally comes out while im on the phone with the cops asking what's going on. I just yell at her "you son stole my phone" She says "my son doesnt even live with me" soo im thinking I got the right place and she just covering for his @$$.

Cops finally arrive, I change my story cause I dont want to get in trouble myself. I tell them that I tracked it to that residence and that my wife recoginzed the car. Officers telling me that they really cant go in, I tell them that im in the military and ask them to help me out, I tell them it's an iphone5.

Dude was nice enough to ask the parents if they can do a sweep of the home just to verify that the son is not there. They agree. They come out and he says that the only people that live there are the parents and two girls and that there's pictures of a kid but that he young.

Cop was nice enough to log in through his iPhone to see where it shows up, it's off.

I tell the officer him to erase my data and lock it.

Called ATT when I got back to the shop. Then I read that that stupid ap says that the info it's displaying is accurate within .8 Miles of the spot it's showing me. Im thinking that could be any residence on that block. My wife still thinks it had to have been the one where they did the sweep cause they never came out when I knocked first and you know kids dont really take anymore pictures once they in their late teens early 20's.

Im still debating if I wanna go do another sweep. I know im not gonna get my phone back but I just want to do the $700's that my phone is worth in bodily injury and add the scrape from the car. But I could just imagine the cops showing up to the shop and making the biz look bad.

Same thing had happened to our business partner like 3 months ago. Only that they took her purse along with her iPhone. And she had $3,000 in the purse (he does crazy buying for her shop) The good thing is that my wife had given her our upgrade on her line to get a new 4S. Soo she willing to give me her upgrade for a new 5 but not till April.

I talked to one of my closest friends today that does MMA and he wants to drive around the area and try to find the guy for at least a good beating but my wife and daughter are at the shop alone most of the day which holds me back from going through with that.

I think I just gotta take it as a lesson learned.

Edited by StReaKeR, 10 October 2012 - 10:49 PM.

Posted Image

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

Don't do any stupid shit, but AT&T can help you find it when it is activated right?

GL finding it.

#3 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

Sorry to her that.
Having your stuff stolen is the shitiest feeling in the world.
had my wallet with every single card I own + cash, stolen last year. That was a real piss off. I can't even imagine having my phone stolen.
People who steal from others like that are pieces of shit...

Posted Image

#4 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

Don't do any stupid shit, but AT&T can help you find it when it is activated right?

GL finding it.

nope. ATT and APPLE cant do nothing. Once he reset's it it's good to be used with a new sim card. Or he can sell it for well over $500.00
Posted Image

#5 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

GL finding it.

nope. ATT and APPLE cant do nothing. Once he reset's it it's good to be used with a new sim card. Or he can sell it for well over $500.00

You can't re-set it without the password, if you lock it, then the phone is useless since you can't actually connect it to iTunes to reset it.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#6 Titan429

Titan429

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

I'm Trying to resist making an iOS maps joke... But seriously, getting your stuff stolen sucks big time. Just don't do anything stupid and hopefully you find it

#7 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Cop was nice enough to log in through his iPhone to see where it shows up, it's off.I tell the officer him to erase my data and lock it. Called ATT when I got back to the shop.

You can't erase data and lock, its one or the other (thought you can erase data after locking, but the phone just goes back to being normal.)

I'm Trying to resist making an iOS maps joke... But seriously, getting your stuff stolen sucks big time. Just don't do anything stupid and hopefully you find it

Looks like he did.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#8 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

I had my first gen iphone, the one that was $400 subsodised, not $200 like it is now, ripped off from me out of my bag. I played highschool football and someone went into the locker room and ripped me off along with 5 other guys. That was one of my most pissed off moments. The only time ive been that pissed is when I come out of a party to find my rear quarter panned smashed in and tailight in pieces. The fucker knew he hit me becase he picked up the shattered taillight pieces and put them on my car.

#9 picaboo8

picaboo8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

Maybe having cameras in your business would've helped?

#10 Rotozip2

Rotozip2

BRO do you even autococker?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

After you said "wifey" in the first paragraph I read it as that all the way through lol.

Anyways, it really dose suck getting shit stolen. Some chick in walmart got her 4s stolen while back to school shopping all she did was turn around to look at the price on something and she said it was gone. Thieves are everywhere.

I never get wipers, blood is hard to wipe off.

Do it with style ~ Total Grief

I like autocockers and autococker accessories.

#11 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

We spent enough as it is starting up the business and the stuff we sell is really low priced we didnt think camera's were really necessary. I mean we have some but they dont record. But yea, I dont want to get a system in the near future. Thanks for listenning though. Im actually over it.
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users