Title says all

#2 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

Personally ive always like freak barrels (paired with a DW fibur and now a luxe barrel) but the techt allows you to attach to any barrel granted adds more weight and almost 2" in length.

#3 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

Can the freak work with any barrel

#4 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

The freak inserts will only work with freak bored barrels. The only ones that come that way are the Freak barrel system barrels and the Deadlywind barrel.

Posted Image

#5 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,636 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

Assuming your gun is open bolt the iFit is completely worthless, 2" of under/overbore is nothing compared to a normal barrel back, it wont change anything.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#6 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

Assuming your gun is open bolt the iFit is completely worthless, 2" of under/overbore is nothing compared to a normal barrel back, it wont change anything.

this ^^ people don't seem to realize that the longer the control bore is the better.

you won't even see a difference in anything unless its at least 4 inches.

#7 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

The IFIT system is not a bad system if you are using it with the right marker, for the right reason and with the right barrel, it is not the same as a Freak inserted barrel.

The IFIT kit works if you are using it on a pump or other cocker based marker. It works well as a, with a slightly underbore insert, as a way to keep your paintballs from running out of your barrel. It also offers a modicum of increased effecency compared with an overbore barrel with some nail polish or an o-ring system like a Phantom or Azodin. Now for the kicker, it only does any good if the bore of the rest of the barrel is larger than the insert you are using. I do know some very good pump players the use the IFIT kit with an 8" .690 Lapco, they only use inserts smaller than their ammo, which is always smaller than their barrel bore. No one understands the super large IFIT inserts since .693 is about as big a bore as anything comes with.

The Freak insert system works great on about any marker, it does require a barrel made for the inserts. With Freak does offer barrels for their inserts, I find the Deadlywind Fibur barrel, a carbon fiber barrel that uses the Freak inserts, to be superior in every way; weight, design, looks, quietness and east of use.

I own and have tried a lot of barrels, in my opinion the Deadlywind Fibur is a very good choice and the ones I use most.

Good Luck!

Edited by David A., 13 October 2012 - 01:00 AM.

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#8 DivineRampage

DivineRampage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

get the stainless steel freak inserts, more durable and slicker.

#9 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

Let's say I have a ccm with a barrel kit. The control bore on the ccm barrel kit is, like the Ifit, very short. It's use is to prevent balls rolling out of the barrel. Would I use it on my reflex Rail? Hell no. I'd use either the stock barrel for a nice overbore or my deadlywinds fibur barrel, which takes freak inserts. The longer control bore helps with efficiency. If you don't wanna spend the $150 on a full kit for a freak, a freak Jr is the same barrel with less porting, and for less money

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#10 tyronejk

tyronejk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

Either get the Freak, or 4 sets of iFits and connect them all together.

#11 ebenf05

ebenf05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

I actually have an ifit I use on all my markers, barrel to paint match is about efficiency and consistency- not accuracy, and I notice easily at least 10+ fps difference between my stock barrel alone and it with the ifit, and it chrono's within +/-5, and at about 50 ft I can place about 8/10 shots within a 4-5in circle, here are some.facts about the ifit, not just my opinion. I am curiois to hear what the fps
increase the freak gives tho, if any of you guys even kno

Edited by ebenf05, 05 November 2012 - 11:03 AM.

#12 AT3256

AT3256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

If you're dead set on getting a kit, get a freak of some kind. The TechT only offers like two inches of control bo- oh. Cooky was here.

Doublepostasdgfjahsdjhajkh

Edited by AT3256, 05 November 2012 - 11:06 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users