• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 BigDaddyRob

BigDaddyRob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

I would like to say I own a DP G4 and I love it! I've shot about 20-25 cases threw it so far, and I have yet to see a leaking micro line, or any kind of bolt stick. I know a lot of people say they have problems with it, but how many of these people bad mouthing the G4 are the gun owners? I'm not here to start a debate about it or bash on anyone, I just can't understand the problem.

Don't get me wrong if I was going to complain about the gun I could pick out a few things
1. The gun is loud! But after I heard on shooting with a techt bolt it's crazy how quite the gun can get from it! A friend of mine (who also has never had any problems with this G4) put the TT bolt in this gun and we were playing X-ball, and I couldn't even hear him shooting at me unless I heard the whistle of them flying past me.
2. It's not the most efficent gun I've ever used, but I also shoot fast and a lot of paint through out the day.

Don't get me wrong I'm no where near being a pro player, and I will never pretend to be, but being a 24 year old with a full time and part time job I can afford a lot of guns others that are younger or still in school can not. I guess I just want to hear about some of the owners of the G4 to see if they had a horrible time with it, and if it was because it was poorly maintained.

Also, I'm looking into getting another gun as a spare or backup incase a friend comes plays or my fiance comes out once in a blue moon lol! for them to use or me, I'm thinking about spending about 500-600 on this gun. Like I said I'm not a pro and I can't make myself spend much more then that no matter how much I love the game.

Can anyone express feelings they have for the Empire Axe or another gun similer.

Sorry guys for the long write up, but all I see is G4 bashing, and I just want to know why? Thanks again guys and gals!

#2 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,636 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

1. The gun is loud!
2. It's not the most efficent gun I've ever used, but I also shoot fast and a lot of paint through out the day.

Yep. Its got the downsides of a poppet and spool with little of the upsides.

A G4 to an Axe isn't worth it, go used and get something like a Victory, Clone or G6R, they take a crap on anything new you can get for the price.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#3 BigDaddyRob

BigDaddyRob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

1. The gun is loud!

Yep. Its got the downsides of a poppet and spool with little of the upsides.

A G4 to an Axe isn't worth it, go used and get something like a Victory, Clone or G6R, they take a crap on anything new you can get for the price.

Yeah, man I was thinking the same thing, I wouldn't mind spending more on a gun persay, I honestly just don't know much about those guns, I also am not a fan of buying used, never know if your buying from someone who takes care of stuff or trashes it.

#4 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

In that range, you should get a ccm. But if you don't like them, I like my axe.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#5 Twistedfreak

Twistedfreak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

Try to find a local deal if you can. You can find a nice g6r for cheap or a dm10 for around your price range
I bought a 2012 demon for $500 and that gun is great! It is soooo smooth and i havent had a problem with it yet. Very easy to maintain, and you can upgrade the internals to the 2013 internals for $200.

#6 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,319 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

Most people who hate the G4 are bandwagoners, and have never used or owned one. A lot of the hate is "I heard that".

As for a new gun, I would go used, you can get anything you little heart desires.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#7 PrimeTimePred

PrimeTimePred

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

500-600? I say alien invasion is the way to go :)

#8 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

Try to find a local deal if you can. You can find a nice g6r for cheap or a dm10 for around your price range
I bought a 2012 demon for $500 and that gun is great! It is soooo smooth and i havent had a problem with it yet. Very easy to maintain, and you can upgrade the internals to the 2013 internals for $200.

Really? Prices around me are ridiculously bad. people laugh at the $500 spyders on craigs, there on there daily. When a good marker does pop up they want retail for it.

#9 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

Most people who hate the G4 are bandwagoners, and have never used or owned one. A lot of the hate is "I heard that".

As for a new gun, I would go used, you can get anything you little heart desires.

Ive personally seen it. Former teammate/ retired ref has had nothing but problems with his. DP would send him a new part, then something else would go wrong with it a week later. It just doesnt go through the quality control other markers go through. The tech and the owner I talk to say they are great shooter but they get them in all time for fixing.

#10 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,319 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

Ive personally seen it. Former teammate/ retired ref has had nothing but problems with his. DP would send him a new part, then something else would go wrong with it a week later. It just doesnt go through the quality control other markers go through. The tech and the owner I talk to say they are great shooter but they get them in all time for fixing.

Most of the issues I've seen are user error, as I have had no problems with mine.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#11 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Most of the issues I've seen are user error, as I have had no problems with mine.

Thats the general consensus though. Im pretty sure he also sent it to DP. The poor quality control leads to people having no troubles at all and people having troubles right out of the box. He did say that the people at DP were pretty nice though the help can be spotty sometimes.

I also gotta say without the techt bolt they have a really annoying tingy sound.

Edited by gamefreak054, 13 October 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#12 obamabinlagn

obamabinlagn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

I would go with a 2011 G6R they are great guns. I owned a G4 and it leaked like crazy (bought new fittings and macro) then the solenoid on it went after about 10,000 shots. It is a waste to buy a new solenoid for $60 when the gun only costs $300. DP products are notorious for being unreliable go with a G6R.

#13 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

you got a good g4. good g4's are fun little guns, but about 50% just aren't the best

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#14 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

I would go with a 2011 G6R they are great guns. I owned a G4 and it leaked like crazy (bought new fittings and macro) then the solenoid on it went after about 10,000 shots. It is a waste to buy a new solenoid for $60 when the gun only costs $300. DP products are notorious for being unreliable go with a G6R.

Depending on how many electros the OP has owned, working on a BL can be quite annoying if you dont know what your doing. Other markers seem to be easier to figure out.

#15 obamabinlagn

obamabinlagn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

Depending on how many electros the OP has owned, working on a BL can be quite annoying if you dont know what your doing. Other markers seem to be easier to figure out.

It was difficult at first but YouTube videos really teach quickly.

#16 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

I guess ive just had an irritating time with it. I feel like I can learn most of my markers inside and out by a day or two of playing with settings (problem solving is slightly different). Out of the 3 BLs I owned, I could never figure them out and never could diagnose the problems they all had. The lack of diagrams from the company does not help, and is more than irritating.

#17 K1NGofTH3farW3ST

K1NGofTH3farW3ST

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

I got a g4 last christmas, 9 months ago. In that nine months, ive not had bolt stick, but my macroline was leaking out of the box. After that, the asa transfer seal thing was also compermized and i had to get it replaced. After that, my solonoid also stopped working and i had to send it in again. There costomer service is good, but a brand new gun shouldnt have that many problems, any price, ever.

#18 DudeinDump

DudeinDump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

I shoot a G4. People just bandwagon hate. It's got a better trigger, is lighter then most, and had nicer ergos compared to the other markers in the $300 dollar new range.

Thats the only thing i wanted in my marker. Yeah it's loud and yeah it's inefficient. I'm not bugged too much by it.

#19 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

I've seen this personally as well, the guns all have a solid design base, just like most any marker does these days. What it comes down to when you pay for a more expensive marker is the time and care put into it, aka quality control. Like the DP FX, its a solid design(FASOR) put into a stylish ego-ish frame for a good price, and yes its a good marker but the QC just isn't there to where a tournament marker should be.
Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

#20 Zach98

Zach98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

Ive had a g4 shot 15 cases through it, horrible worst gun ever, thank god its only my back up

#21 BigDaddyRob

BigDaddyRob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

I've gotten a lot of feedback about this topic, much more than expecting. I want to thank everyone for their imput on helping me with my next gun, it seems about 85% of you think buying used is a much better idea. As far as buying used, what else should I look for other then the obvious dings and dents, and dirty internals? Are there any special places I should look to find that the gun was poorly maintained or just not taken care of? I also see a lot of post where people trade guns on the fourms, but they seem few and far between when a deal goes threw.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users