Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

Anything but the etek but I would also suggest the drone dx it's sweet

#3 slipknot414

slipknot414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

what kind of hopper/mask/tanks do you have atm? if shitty ones i would suggest upgrading those first ;)

#4 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Forget the Etek. If you want much better ergonomics and a tiny bit of smoothness gain get the Reflex, if you want better efficiency and quietness go Axe. If you want better everything go used and avoid Egos and NTs.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#5 Jaccen

Jaccen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

Go to a store and hold a few. Borrow your friends for a game if they'll let you. See which ones you like. Then find the best price on it.

#6 edw105

edw105

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

dam i liked the eteks whats so bad abouth them and i hate the ergos on axe but (never held one)

And all good on hopper mask

#7 Twistedfreak

Twistedfreak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

Lol theres nothing wrong with Egos. Very reliable marker.
And eteks arnt bad either, its a workhorse. but you could get a better deal with your price range on something used.
If you want new definitely pickup the rail! Its smooth and looks badass

If you want a smooth shooting gun go rail
If you want something you can depend on to always work go pe

Edited by Twistedfreak, 13 October 2012 - 07:57 PM.

#8 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

dam i liked the eteks whats so bad abouth them and i hate the ergos on axe but (never held one)

Lol nothing wrong with it, cooky just hates PE. The eteks are quite loud and not smooth at all though. Its still not a bad marker, if you can get past that you pretty much have all the features you need on a marker. They are super reliable too. I personally would not go with the proto Ive just seen too many problems with them at the field, on the other side of the coin the proto is generally the quietest marker that ive seen under $1000 (MSRP wise).

Edited by gamefreak054, 13 October 2012 - 07:53 PM.

#9 edw105

edw105

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Lol nothing wrong with it, cooky just hates PE. The eteks are quite loud and not smooth at all though. Its still not a bad marker, if you can get past that you pretty much have all the features you need on a marker. They are super reliable too. I personally would not go with the proto Ive just seen too many problems with them at the field, on the other side of the coin the proto is generally the quietest marker that ive seen under $1000 (MSRP wise).

to me reflexes sound like farts are they relly that quited?

I have this strange force pulling me to the bolts on poppets lol :P

#10 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

The ones ive seen are amazingly quiet for its price range. It doesnt matter if it doesnt work. I never really seen the internals of an newer proto though.

#11 edw105

edw105

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hmm I really don't think I want the axe (At All)

I really love the look of the eteks though

Right now I'm leaning torwrds the reflex w/ $100 rotor :)

Is the etek really loud (compare it to a 98 or somthing everyones heard)

How reliable are reflexes ( I hate a gun that will break on me )

#12 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

The Etek 4 is a sack of shit, they took the already terrible 3 and changed the look of it, woopie. The Zick 2 doesn't do anything so that cant be counted as a change. All in all its a lazy redoing of a crappy gun, they should have made it shoot better rather than change the look of it, almost as bad as Dye. All in all the Etek 4 is a Spyder with a fancy case.

If you don't want the Axe don't get it. The Etek is stupid loud, if you want something quiet look elsewhere. Also I'm pretty certain Dye fixed the noid problems people were having with the 2011's on the 2012 one, so they will be reliable if you look after them.

#13 Octopus Prime

Octopus Prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

If you don't like the axe then definitely take the rail. It shoots wayyyy better than the etek 4 and is much quieter.

#14 edw105

edw105

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Any major problems with the reflex (Most Common?)

Whats the bestcheepest speed feed for a rotor

#15 Octopus Prime

Octopus Prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Cheapest is make it yourself.
Go with the km or exalt
I have no experience with the hk epic but most people say there nice

#16 edw105

edw105

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Cheapest is make it yourself.
Go with the km or exalt
I have no experience with the hk epic but most people say there nice

* Iv'e also recently read about reflexs going down at the field alot is the true

I wnat to play the game not work on the gun

Right now im reflex vs etek

#17 pballgiant

pballgiant

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

If your at Etek, vs. Reflex then go with the Etek. I fix guns at my field, and there is always a ton of broken reflexes. With that said, I would still take the Axe over the Etek.
IF YOUR UNDER 18 AND PAY FOR YOUR OWN STUFF PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE
My Setup: Luxe 2.0/Empire Axe, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45
Empire Trracer, 50 Round Hopper, GA 50/45

#18 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

Eteks are great fot the money and there is nothing really wrong with them other than people being nit picky about shot quality. You can get used etek 3s for short change too Posted Image

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#19 Octopus Prime

Octopus Prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

I've neve seen a reflex go down but other people may have had different experiences

#20 Paintball48

Paintball48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

Drone dx!!!!

#21 Kyyyyyyy

Kyyyyyyy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

owning both a reflex and etek4 i like my etek more. the etek4 i can always trust to work and I actually like the way it shoots and its so much easier to maintaine. in the end u need to shoot them all decide from there which one you like the most.

Courage is not acting without fear but knowing that something else is more important than fear

#22 GuyGrim

GuyGrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

LoL.. I own a reflex, maintain it after every trip to the field. It has never let me down. All maintenance issue have been easily fixed. The more familiar you get with it the easier it becomes.

Any marker will give you issues if ya don't maintain it. Don't let rumors and half truths sway from your decision.

PS.. None of the maintenance items cost any cash out of pocket.

#23 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

All markers at this price need maintnence. The maintnence on the rail isn't hard at all and that's coming from someone who has a 98c. I tried a reflex out that dye was renting at a big game it was great. The reflex is the best it's smooth and incredibly quite.

Ohio Raiders 

#24 DBeck

DBeck

Dem Milkshakes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

before you make you decision lok into an alien invasion great gun

#25 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

if you shoot more than I do, get a axe, I shoot about 6+ pods in a tourney game, if you don't get the rail. Thats the way i look at things
109.gif

#26 lp04

lp04

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

Drone DX is the best gun in that price range you can catch them on sale from time to time for $499.

#27 PrimeTimePred

PrimeTimePred

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

before you make you decision lok into an alien invasion great gun

This^^

#28 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

The Etek 4 is a sack of shit, they took the already terrible 3 and changed the look of it, woopie. The Zick 2 doesn't do anything so that cant be counted as a change. All in all its a lazy redoing of a crappy gun, they should have made it shoot better rather than change the look of it, almost as bad as Dye. All in all the Etek 4 is a Spyder with a fancy case.

If you don't want the Axe don't get it. The Etek is stupid loud, if you want something quiet look elsewhere. Also I'm pretty certain Dye fixed the noid problems people were having with the 2011's on the 2012 one, so they will be reliable if you look after them.

id like to let you know your wrong i own an etek4 i find it is a nic shot feels amazing in the hands and isent as loud as everyone says they are i have like at least 4 cases threw myn so iv used it alot. iv never had any problems with it at all it just works its as simple as that. have you ever owned an etek4 for more then a day where you used it like 2 times. i know alot of people who have an etek and love it i dont see why you hate on it when its not true if its opinion so be it. but i dont see why you have to tell others it sucks balls when it dosent!

If they talk shit, make them eat it.

#29 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

id like to let you know your wrong i own an etek4 i find it is a nic shot feels amazing in the hands and isent as loud as everyone says they are i have like at least 4 cases threw myn so iv used it alot. iv never had any problems with it at all it just works its as simple as that. have you ever owned an etek4 for more then a day where you used it like 2 times. i know alot of people who have an etek and love it i dont see why you hate on it when its not true if its opinion so be it. but i dont see why you have to tell others it sucks balls when it dosent!

If you used any other gun at all you'd see the Etek 4 is only bought because of the PE branding, its terrible even compared to $250 guns like the Rail. Had an Etek 3 for months, exact same gun as the 4 with different milling, used the 4.

#30 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

If you used any other gun at all you'd see the Etek 4 is only bought because of the PE branding, its terrible even compared to $250 guns like the Rail. Had an Etek 3 for months, exact same gun as the 4 with different milling, used the 4.

the 3 and the 4 are different lol mabey not by much but they are its like really what has changed from the ego 6 to 7 from the 7 to 8 from the DM's i dont know much about but same thing they change a couple things upgrade it then they release it after testing.

If they talk shit, make them eat it.

#31 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

the 3 and the 4 are different lol mabey not by much but they are its like really what has changed from the ego 6 to 7 from the 7 to 8 from the DM's i dont know much about but same thing they change a couple things upgrade it then they release it after testing.

No they're literally the same gun. The barrel threads are the opposite way around for a longer control bore, worthless change since its an overbore. It has the Zick 2, which is a worthless change since it doesn't do anything, only other thing is it looks different.

#32 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

No they're literally the same gun. The barrel threads are the opposite way around for a longer control bore, worthless change since its an overbore. It has the Zick 2, which is a worthless change since it doesn't do anything, only other thing is it looks different.

Yeah! What she said.......................
Posted Image

109.gif

#33 Rodman

Rodman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

I hope this helps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users