20 replies to this topic

#1 csskiller

csskiller

R.I.P. Borg!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

I've heard that the frost finish on ANSgear exclusive markers isn't the most durable. Is this true and how durable is it compared to an anodized finish?

My Feedback
RIP BORG, you will be dearly missed in the paintball world for all you have done for us.

#2 Twistedfreak

Twistedfreak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

Just stay away from ansgear...read the reviews on them. There are so many complaints.
Ive had a really bad experience buying one of their exclusive bob long vics. The gun has not worked right yet....
ive only had it for a couple months and its been to blast 3 times. Ive had bob longs forever and have never had this bad of experience with one of their guns.

This is just from my experience though. Youll probably get some positive reviews

Edited by Twistedfreak, 14 October 2012 - 12:13 AM.

#3 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

Just stay away from ansgear...read the reviews on them. There are so many complaints.
Ive had a really bad experience buying one of their exclusive bob long vics. The gun has not worked right yet....
ive only had it for a couple months and its been to blast 3 times. Ive had bob longs forever and have never had this bad of experience with one of their guns.

This is just from my experience though. Youll probably get some positive reviews

WHAT!?!?

I shop ANSgear and ANSgear only.
Have you seen those reviews? They are all complete bs. I could go on there and review every single marker bad. Does that mean they all suck and ANSgear is bad? no.
If you got a bad victory did you try calling ANSgear about it? If it got sent to BLAST they must have checked the whole marker and fixed whatever problems. After that it could be user error.

#4 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

sorry techdp i have to disagree with you
the ansgear "exclusive" markers VOID YOUR WARRANTY

and yes aftermarket anno's have been known to cause problems. just because you send it in to the manufacturer doesn't mean it is magically all better and i have learned this from experience. if i were you i would definitely stay away from ansgear exclusive markers everything else they sell though is fine.

Edited by Demon, 14 October 2012 - 12:28 AM.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#5 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

sorry techdp i have to disagree with you
the ansgear "exclusive" markers VOID YOUR WARRANTY

and yes aftermarket anno's have been known to cause problems. just because you send it in to the manufacturer doesn't mean it is magically all better and i have learned this from experience. if i were you i would definitely stay away from ansgear exclusive markers everything else they sell though is fine.

Doesn't ANSgear get their exclusive markers raw? So people still have factory warranty.

#6 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

What? The exclusive annos DO NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY. Ans Gear strikes exclusive deals by ordering tons of markers to have companies exclusively do their anno. All the PE exclusive markers were anno'd by PE. I think Ansgear is a perfectly fine store. Ive ordered from them multiple times without a problem including bigger things like my z2.

#7 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

What? The exclusive annos DO NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY. Ans Gear strikes exclusive deals by ordering tons of markers to have companies exclusively do their anno. All the PE exclusive markers were anno'd by PE. I think Ansgear is a perfectly fine store. Ive ordered from them multiple times without a problem including bigger things like my z2.

I know PE does have exclusive markers just for ANS but I don't know about Bob long, Dye, DLX etc.

#8 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

I know PE does have exclusive markers just for ANS but I don't know about Bob long, Dye, DLX etc.

Well I would send them a messaging asking them. I have a hard time believing a company voids your warranty before you even receive it.

#9 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:46 AM

alot of the ANS markers are an aftermarket anno not from the manufacturer and they dont specifically tell you but yes it voids your warranty. this happened with the axes and the snipers that was when people realized it and got pissed.

and gamefreak you are talking out of your ass, also Z2's are not a bigger item than a marker :dodgy: i never said ans was a bad store. i said their practice of making "exclusive" markers voids your warranty. there are alot of people who had their guns returned without being touched from the manufacturer because of it.

Edited by Demon, 14 October 2012 - 12:48 AM.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#10 Twistedfreak

Twistedfreak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

Lol its not user error. The gun came out of the box not shooting right. The exclusive color did not void my warranty. Yes i did go to ansgear and they did not want to help me out until i went to the bbb.
Like i said this was just my unlucky experience I had with them. I know im not the only one. But i know they are a huge company and have taken care of alot of people too.

Edited by Twistedfreak, 14 October 2012 - 01:01 AM.

#11 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

Lol its not user error. The gun came out of the box not shooting right. The exclusive color did not void my warranty. Yes i did go to ansgear and they did not want to help me out until i went to the bbb.
Like i said this was just my unlucky experience I had with them. I know im not the only one. But i know they are a huge company and have taken care of alot of people too.

You just probably got a lemon.
Bad luck i guess.

What problems did you have?

#12 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:44 AM

Ansgear +1
OP yes the frosted colors are powder coated so it comes off very easy and looks bad from what I here. You cannot get white anodizing it isn't possible.

#13 Twistedfreak

Twistedfreak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

According to blast they sent out their last batch of Vics with bad engines. And i was lucky enough to have picked one up.
Im sure it's working now but to have paid $1250 for something new that had to be sent into the manufacturer right after i bought it drives me nuts. Ansgear wouldnt accept a return because i did attempt to put paint threw it.

#14 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

Well that's not ANSgears fault.
Did BLAST charge you?
I mean like if they even admit that they sent out markers with bad engines they should fix it for free.

#15 Twistedfreak

Twistedfreak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

Yes it was under warranty. I work in retail also and when one of the machines i sell is faulty I replace it for my customer.
I dont tell them to deal with it and call the manufacturer..lol thats just not right.

Anyways op. This was just my personal experience I had with ansgear. And you might have a different experience. Im just saying I have heard of the problems and have got to enjoy them first hand. I know many more people have had a better experience than me. So I guess you can find out for yourself. Just keep in mind if it is not working properly you wont get a new gun or a refund. But sooner or later the manufacturer will send it back to you fixed :)

Edited by Twistedfreak, 14 October 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#16 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

^^^ I'm on ansgears side I wouldn't send you a new one either. For all I now you set the lpr to 200 and the hpr to 75. I'm not paying for your mistake when bob long will. Even if it wasn't your fault.

#17 csskiller

csskiller

R.I.P. Borg!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

I'm glad that a good discussion came out of my thread and all lol... but do feel free to start your own thread if you need to continue the conversation. :)

My Feedback
RIP BORG, you will be dearly missed in the paintball world for all you have done for us.

#18 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

This was helping you out..

#19 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

This was helping you out..

OP
I've heard that the frost finish on ANSgear exclusive markers aren't the most durable. Is this true and how durable is it compared to an anodized finish?

YP

WHAT!?!?

I shop ANSgear and ANSgear only. Have you seen those reviews? They are all complete bs. I could go on there and review every single marker bad. Does that mean they all suck and ANSgear is bad? no. If you got a bad victory did you try calling ANSgear about it? If it got sent to BLAST they must have checked the whole marker and fixed whatever problems. After that it could be user error

Pretty sure you didn't do anything to answer his question.

This should help on the frost finsish (powder coat)
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=156310
In a nut shell anytime you anodize a gun it could mess up your gun. Ans does CAN anodize without voiding your warranty which is great because you can get the colors you want without voiding your warranty. I've heard that the frost finish g3s or g4s whatever its on isn't very durable. I have no experience. Once you go powder coat I don't think anybody will anodize it for you because it's such a pain in the but to get the stuff off your marker. Prolly near impossible.

Edited by SamBo, 14 October 2012 - 09:10 PM.

#20 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

Yeah. Lmao
I thought twistedfreak made the original post, I didn't even read his :lol:

#21 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club