• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Kyyyyyyy

Kyyyyyyy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

Id like the pros and cons to each. I currently own a v1 prophecy but it has reached the end of its days so i figured it get a z2 cause i love my prophecy. But then someone told me to go with the spire so here i am asking all you guys for pros and cons of each. thanks

Courage is not acting without fear but knowing that something else is more important than fear

#2 Squirt

Squirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

i love my spire i prefer it over my z2 because its faster to take apart, simple. batteries last long and its never jams. the z2 is nice but ive had problems with mine and my z2 is now my backup.

#3 Kyyyyyyy

Kyyyyyyy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

i love my spire i prefer it over my z2 because its faster to take apart, simple. batteries last long and its never jams. the z2 is nice but ive had problems with mine and my z2 is now my backup.

how is it on brittle paint?

Courage is not acting without fear but knowing that something else is more important than fear

#4 Twistedfreak

Twistedfreak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

Spire

#5 Paintball48

Paintball48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

You can only use the virtue crown on the spire so I would say the z2

#6 SynystrAssassin

SynystrAssassin

Flawless is a Habit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

You can mod the Spire to use the HK Epic.

#7 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

i promise other companies will come out with spire speedfeeds. that is no reason to take one hopper over another. i have the crown on my spire and it works fine.
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#8 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

Spire. Easier to take apart.

#9 slipknot414

slipknot414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Spire>Prophecy

But personally i'd take a rotor.

#10 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

Supposedly the spire is sound activated which can be a pain in the ass

#11 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

for the last time, it is NOT sound activated.
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#12 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

The z2 is sound activated, the spire is activated by the G-Force of the paintball.

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#13 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Oopsie

for the last time, it is NOT sound activated.

#14 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

Personally I might go with the spire if I were to buy a loader again. Some people have pointed out that theyve had some QC issues with the z2. Quite honestly though I am pretty happy with the Z2 (its what I used), ive never had any problems but my fields D2 team absolutely hates them because of the experience they had with them. It might have been a earlier batch that had the problems though (but I bought mine right when it was released).

So I dont know, some of what people have been telling me scares me a bit a bout my z2. Maybe im just being paranoid or maybe Im just lucky I got one without problems.

#15 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

my z2 i bought last year didnt work out of the box.

#16 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

Z2, I think the spire looks like shit. This is coming from a guy who had his Z2 catch fire, I still like Z2's more. They are really convenient in my opinion, a solid platform, good looking, tooless disassembly (which for cleaning is fine I really see no reason to COMPLETELY disassemble your Z2 with the exception of "getting to know it, or not wanting to send it to customer service for any reason), and helps on those cold days where roasting marshmallows is a necessity. Yes I've used a spire.
109.gif

#17 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

Z2, I think the spire looks like shit. This is coming from a guy who had his Z2 catch fire, I still like Z2's more. They are really convenient in my opinion, a solid platform, good looking, tooless disassembly (which for cleaning is fine I really see no reason to COMPLETELY disassemble your Z2 with the exception of "getting to know it, or not wanting to send it to customer service for any reason), and helps on those cold days where roasting marshmallows is a necessity. Yes I've used a spire.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Wtf happend?

I should probably go trade mine off soon. The problem with the spire is that it looks like a speed boat.

#18 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Wtf happend?

I should probably go trade mine off soon. The problem with the spire is that it looks like a speed boat.

I have no idea, I thought it shorted out but after looking at the board, and turning it on a again without it catching fire and having a small puff of smoke in my midst I gave the fuck up! Lol I really have no idea, I'm actually sending it in, to a confused Empire rep, and am doing it disassembled (mostly because I accidently ripped a cord and broke a e-clip and can blame it on shipping SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH) and its a bitch. I'm pretty excited though maybe I'll get a free pod or something :P
109.gif

#19 Squirt

Squirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

how is it on brittle paint?

ive use GI 3 star that the most brittle ive used but i haven't broken a ball in the loader once.

other companies will come out with speed feed and virtue even said they'll be happy for other companies to make some.although the virtue crown sucks i cant wait until more come out for the spire.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users