Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

What should I get? The AB, Or the spyder fenix

#2 newwestswag

newwestswag

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

A lot of people have problems with the blitz but you should look into saving up some money and buying a better gun.

#3 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

Such as an Envy.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#4 AT3256

AT3256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

Or go used and get a pimped out ion.

#5 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

Any of these answers could be correct or all of them could be wrong. Do you like markers that use a mechanism called stacked tube blowback (STBB)? Both the Blitz and the Fenix are designed to spring a rammer forward to open the air valve and then have part of the air shot out of the marker with the paintball to blow the rammer and bolt back open. This tends to be loud and kicky but is a very robust, simple design.

The Blitz and Fenix are going to be fairly similar with slight differences in ergonomics. The Fenix has a clamping feedneck to your hopper while the Blitz has a twistlock feedneck, an older generation design. The Blitz has a longer barrel. The Fenix has macro coming out of the front of the asa, while the blitz comes out of the side. Neither has the ability to purge or on/off the asa through the stock components. The Blitz has a newer style regulator that should give better consistency. The Fenix is $20 cheaper for certain styles at certain online websites (ANSgear being one).

I've been burned by Spyder in the past, so I'm inclined to say get the Blitz if you're only choosing from these two. However, I don't have any experience with the new Fenix, and I've heard that Spyder has made a lot of improvements to their parts and quality.

Of course, it's probably good to mention that if you're a new player, wait on getting either marker and instead buy a good mask that doesn't fog, fits comfortably, and has a good field of vision (for example: Vforce Profiler and Grill, Empire E-vents and E-flex, Dye i4 and Proto Pro Axis, Sly Profit). Using your new mask will give you more benefit than the change from a STBB instead of using the rental markers. Once you have a great mask, try to save up more than the $150-170 price point - like maybe 200-300, and buy a used supergun from years past. You can probably get a top of the line high-end marker from 2007 or 2008 in that range - look for Shockers, Intimidators, Egos, etc.

Edited by Unfated33, 15 October 2012 - 03:09 PM.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#6 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

A lot of people have problems with the blitz but you should look into saving up some money and buying a better gun.

:rolleyes:

:dodgy: :tdn:

Such as an Envy.

:tup: :tup: :tup:

Edited by Sydarm, 15 October 2012 - 07:24 PM.

#7 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

A pimped out Ion is okay, but a shocker would probably be better. The eNVy is a terrible choice when compared to a Blitz or a Fenix. It's a waste of money compared to it's sister Vibe, it doesn't have the upgrades of the Fenix or Blitz, and it's completely outclassed by the slighty more expensive big-brother eXTCy.

#8 ecoballer

ecoballer

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:25 AM

Save your money and get a jt splatmaster

#9 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

What AT3256 said, Ions would be your best choice if your budget for a marker is less than 170 or whatever they cost. An ion is quieter, just as efficient, and can be had for a lesser price.

but what other gear do you have now?

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#10 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

An ion cannot even be teched easily as it does not have bolt-out-back functionality. The reg requires a box end wrench, not an allen key, to adjust, and it comes with shitty feedneck. By the time you find a properly upgraded ion, then you are dealing with a moron most of the time trying to sell it for way more than it is worth.

Envy/Vibe/XTC/pmr2011+ would be much more highly recommended.

#11 8765

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Are you planning to buy new or used? New generally you'll have less problems, but some markers do have out-of-the-box issues. You can usually find info on that from what other people post. Used you should be able to find a higher-end marker for cheap, but you sometimes risk getting a lemon or so-to-be lemon. There are no guarantees with used. Regardless of which you go with, become familiar with the operation and maintenance required for your marker.
"Memory is cheap." -Dr. Sam Kassegne

#12 HK RICHTER HK

HK RICHTER HK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

between them blitz all the way but i would just save up for a better gun like a used mini

#13 elraido

elraido

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

If you are paying new prices for either of those.....don't. Get them used for a complete fraction of the cost new. Heck, if you are getting either one of those, I would say just get something like a Shutter for $40 instead.

#14 Acogg97

Acogg97

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

well i've been playing paintball for 5 years, started really young. but all my gear has been payed for by myself so i have what most people would call a "budget" setup (im 15)... i have had a blitz for the past year and absolutley dominated players with higher rated gear. the blitz is pretty sweet but if you have a larger budget, USE IT! the thing with my blitz is, it leaks after every other day of play. praze the loard for field gun techs!

here is some gamplay with it, its a 7v7 with my friends on the urban field :D

Paintboarder1 on youtube.com

#15 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

But...but...my custom Ion is worth at LEAST 300 dollars! :dodgy:
No but you could save up and get the eXTCY, or go with the Blitz. Yes, it's very hard to negotiate with an Ion owner, and you might want the benefits of a new gun. The Blitz to me is appealing because of the fact it comes in orange, but other than that, the fenix and the blitz come with such minor differences that you're just deciding what name you like more. BUT if you do consider getting a better barrel in the near future, get the Blitz, because of the Cocker threads. The eXTCY is a super-ion/what the ion was supposed to be, so you could consider that if you're willing to save up an extra 70-80ish.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#16 urkovpb

urkovpb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

i would definetely say get the blitz, its a great gun for a fair price. spyders arent bad, but the blitz is waayy better in my opinion
Current set up: upped smart parts ion, ninja 48/3000, and halo b

#17 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

If this is your first gun, I would actually advise you to go cheaper, as in an Azodin Kaos or Spyder Xtra.
These are very solid mechanical guns.

If you think you'll stick with the sport, start saving up for something like an eXTCy and skip the low-end electronic gun phase altogether.

A pimped out Ion is okay, but a shocker would probably be better. The eNVy is a terrible choice when compared to a Blitz or a Fenix. It's a waste of money compared to it's sister Vibe, it doesn't have the upgrades of the Fenix or Blitz, and it's completely outclassed by the slighty more expensive big-brother eXTCy.

Wait, how is the eNVy inferior to the Vibe?

#18 Jake Guzman

Jake Guzman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

Vibe is cheaper and can more bang for your buck I have a vibe with a blackheart for sale 100+ shipping in my sig was a great starter gun.

#19 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Vibe is cheaper and can more bang for your buck I have a vibe with a blackheart for sale 100+ shipping in my sig was a great starter gun.

Yes, for that reason exactly.

#20 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

The eXTCy is overall a better value than the eNVy with blackheart, simply because the eXTCy comes with it already, along with a bunch of stuff the eNVy doesn't have, such as the on/off asa, longer barrel (No difference in preformance, but guns with 8 inch barrels always look like scrub guns), and eye/detents covers, along with a nicer range of colors and that the body style is better (Personal opinion).
On ANSgear the eNVy and the eXTCy sell for around the same price, so the eXTCy would be a better choice.

#21 paintballer141

paintballer141

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

I would say get the dye proto rail i havent used one but if my observations are right dye makes great guns and a great loader. the proto rail right now is on sale for 249.95 and without sale it is 299.95 or for a litte more money you can get the kit which includes a mask and a primo loader( which is a gravity loader) the price is 274.95 but it doesnt say if its on sale or not but im reading this from dye's website and that what it says as of 12/6/12 @ 7:48 in the morning. Also my friend has a syper and as soon as he screwed his CO2 tank in the gun blew a cup seal( this happened last month and i believe it was a cup seal) but it froze his gun and some other people i play with they have the azodin blitz and they keep having problems with them. for a good marker that is under $200 is by far a tippman. but if you can gather enough money i would get a dye,empire or any other very well know and distinguished for there good products.

#22 Corysllw

Corysllw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

I'm always hearing that Dye's CS sucks...

#23 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

Out of those two, a blitz would be preferrable, and it's not just because I've been loving Azodin's mindset for the industry, but mainly because of the Auto-cocker threaded barrels. I personally hate getting an odd threaded barrel, only exception would be Ion/Impulse threads. But I would save a bit for a GoG eXTCy, which, in all respects, is a super, non-failed abortion-esque Ion on steriods, with great things the Ion should of had, and with a Blackheart board stock.

#24 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

well i've been playing paintball for 5 years, started really young. but all my gear has been payed for by myself so i have what most people would call a "budget" setup (im 15)... i have had a blitz for the past year and absolutley dominated players with higher rated gear. the blitz is pretty sweet but if you have a larger budget, USE IT! the thing with my blitz is, it leaks after every other day of play. praze the loard for field gun techs!

here is some gamplay with it, its a 7v7 with my friends on the urban field :D

wow 5 years of playing and you havent done anybetter than a vlocity and blitz
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#25 iStansbury77

iStansbury77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Definetly the Blitz! Never NEVER NEVERRR Get a spyder, worst guns. Never have had a great experiance with them ever.
They are junk guns. The blitz is a Great starting gun man :rolleyes:
Please Check out my YouTube profile, I greatly appretiate views on my PB video that are 1080p
www.youtube.com/rkfilms365
No Really My vids are Sexy

#26 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Definetly the Blitz! Never NEVER NEVERRR Get a spyder, worst guns. Never have had a great experiance with them ever.
They are junk guns. The blitz is a Great starting gun man :rolleyes:

*facepalm*
They're the same gun
Literally they are exactly the same, get the cheaper one. Nobody cares about barrel threads on a blowback because you shouldn't be changing the stock barrel on one anyway. The fenix has standard NPT threads and an on/off asa. They're both made in china, both use a very old outdated design, both have multi-mode boards, both have adjustable regulators and low pressure valves. Both have lubeless delrin quick strip bolts and both have bearingless scithe style trigers.
Buy the cheaper one. Kingman and Azodin have good CS, I've dealt with both of them.
Treat a spyder like shit and it treats you like shit, treat a DM like shit and it treats you like shit

Edited by junits15, 17 December 2012 - 06:27 PM.

Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#27 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

This

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#28 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

An ion cannot even be teched easily as it does not have bolt-out-back functionality. The reg requires a box end wrench, not an allen key, to adjust, and it comes with shitty feedneck. By the time you find a properly upgraded ion, then you are dealing with a moron most of the time trying to sell it for way more than it is worth.

Envy/Vibe/XTC/pmr2011+ would be much more highly recommended.

You can buy a nice ion xe, or get an upgraded ion and take it to a shop and buy a botb body frame and have them do it if you don;t feel like it yourself.....You can buy a CP clamping feedneck for some change and the aftermarket parts are endless incase something were to go down. The vibe is ok but is more expensive compared to the ion when used, and has less upgrades and the stock board can only shoot 11bps max, my grandma fucks faster than 11bps.....Don't listen to this guy and get an ion, or save up some more....You could also get a used Alias or other timmy if you like the poppet syle stack tube markers...

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#29 THE_RED_MENACE

THE_RED_MENACE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

What should I get? The AB, Or the spyder fenix

save up for the g5 or mini or any other gun at about 250 to 400 dollars

#30 Pb player eh

Pb player eh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

Just save up and buy a used super gun I bought my 2k2 laysoya Timmy for 225 and it came with a freak kit so look at the used market it will save you money and you will get more out of it

#31 Matrixrail_Louie

Matrixrail_Louie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

The envy is a lot better than the blitz or the fenix... I do agree that how for 50 dollars more the extcy makes it look stupid tho :P
Posted Image

2012 Proto Reflex Rail & Empire z2 for sale- http://www.techpb.co...0

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users