15 replies to this topic

#1 PBJAZZ

PBJAZZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

SO..... Right now I am trying to make a couple really hard decisions
Option 1) I have a DP G3 and im deciding between Ape Rampage Board $70 Vs. Ape Rampage OLed $120 Vs. stock G3 board (Is OLed worth the $$$?)
Option 2) Either get a Ape OLed $120 with a Sports Sensors Chrono $95, and 200 Warrior Re-Usable PB $20 ($235)
Option 3) Pinokio Loader $125 with 100 Warrior Re-Usable PB $10, and maybe Ape Rampage $70 (not OLed) ($205)
Please give advice i am stuck in a pickle (XD WILLIE DON'T LIKE PICKLES)

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

Option 1) I have a DP G3 and im deciding between Ape Rampage Board $70 Vs. Ape Rampage OLed $120 Vs. stock G3 board (Is OLed worth the $$?)
Why do you need a new board?
Option 2) Either get a Ape OLed $120 with a Sports Sensors Chrono $95, and 200 Warrior Re-Usable PB $20 ($235)

What?
Option 3) Pinokio Loader $125 with 100 Warrior Re-Usable PB $10, and maybe Ape Rampage $70 (not OLed) ($205)
With $125 you can get a used rotor which is better. What is a 100 Warrior Re-usable PB $10?
Please give advice i am stuck in a pickle (XD WILLIE DON'T LIKE PICKLES)

If your board is fine don't upgrade it.

What is a 100 Warrior Re-usable PB $10?

#3 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

Welcome to Techpb

Anyways do not upgrade your G3 with an oled. It will become money you will never ever get back. If your board has all the modes you need leave it stock. Go with the pinokio but I would look around at prices ive seen them on sale for $70 multiple times. I still own a pinokio (though I use my z2 over it) and so does my lil brother. Excellent loader.

Also skip the resusable paintballs unless your a tinkerer and change a few settings and want to make sure your marker still shoots. Personally though Ive never used reballs, the velocity might read different than a normal paintball anyways.

#4 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

I wouldn't bother with an oled board. If you need a new board, the non oled will be fine. Oled is a bit of a waste of money. If it comes stock onthe gun, great, but I would never shell out the cash for one aftermarket.

And reusable paintballs are a waste of money. I bought a bag of 100 and I never used them after the week I bought them. They are just sitting in my closet collecting dust and I regret buying them every time I look at them. That's some cash I really want back.

If you are willing to go used, you can get a pinokio for cheaper than that pretty easily, and you can get one of the other super loaders in that $125 budget too.

Just my $.02.

#5 PBJAZZ

PBJAZZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

So ima just get the Pinokio but idk what else to get?

#6 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

Whats your mask and tank?

Otherwise spend it on the field.

#7 PBJAZZ

PBJAZZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

I have decided to upgrade my Halo B to a Valken V-Max and upgrade my Guerrilla Air 48/3000 to a Empire 68/4500 :D :D :D :D

#8 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

I would get a pinokio over vmax personally. People seem to have a lot of gripes about the Vmax one of them is being how much it costs and how cheap it feels.

EDIT: Also go with the ninja tank over a empire if you can. Ninja seems to go out of there way for customer service, and their regs are probably the most consistent out of all the ones being made right now.

Edited by gamefreak054, 16 October 2012 - 12:57 AM.

#9 PrimeTimePred

PrimeTimePred

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Why get a used Nokio when u can get a new fasta for cheaper? All the same internals and like 2 less bps...Lol and get eiter one before the V-max...

#10 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

Why get a used Nokio when u can get a new fasta for cheaper? All the same internals and like 2 less bps...Lol and get eiter one before the V-max...

The fasta is ugly as sin, and a pinokio is, well, a pinokio.

#11 splatman917

splatman917

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

i'd do option 3, i have a pinokio and i love it! and it comes with the nose which is cool!!

welcome to techPB dude!!!!

#12 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

[

What is a 100 Warrior Re-usable PB $10?

re-balls
my feedback :) 16/0/0
www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

www.santaclarapaintball.com

#13 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

Option 1) I have a DP G3 and im deciding between Ape Rampage Board $70 Vs. Ape Rampage OLed $120 Vs. stock G3 board (Is OLed worth the $$$?)
If the board has the modes you need, dont bother. Also, unless you have the extra cash and really want an OLED, you dont need it, the boards still do the same thing.
Reballs are silly, even if you play reball you use the fields, so dont bother here
Just stick the the halo b, take your money and spend it on paint and practice, at the current caps any loader will do fine.
Just re-read your later post, the airtank upgrade would be worthwile, you can buy used but beware heavily used tanks.

Edited by crich775, 16 October 2012 - 07:53 PM.

Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

#14 PBJAZZ

PBJAZZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

what is a good loader for 100 or less because im on a really tight budget n the vmax looks pretty good for $80

and i dont want a hopper with eyes becuase i dont like how they spin with no paint

is the halo too se good? is it better than the vmax for $5 more

#15 Corysllw

Corysllw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

what is a good loader for 100 or less because im on a really tight budget n the vmax looks pretty good for $80

and i dont want a hopper with eyes becuase i dont like how they spin with no paint

I have the V-max and I love it! Not the fastest marker but it's still pretty sweet!

Just make sure you take the batteries out when you're not playing cause it will drain them.

Edit: Oh and I love the way it looks!

Edited by Corysllw, 06 November 2012 - 12:34 AM.

#16 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

I have the V-max and I love it! Not the fastest marker but it's still pretty sweet!

Just make sure you take the batteries out when you're not playing cause it will drain them.

Edit: Oh and I love the way it looks!

the v-max isn't a marker, nice try though.

the two v-max's i have feed like crap, chew through batteries and jam like a mother. on top of all that they are loud, so loud in fact that people were finding me while using it on my demon because they heard the hopper going. i would suggest looking for a used rotor pinokio or z2 instead. it is a crapshoot on the v-max's apparently some are ok, but most are crap and the CS at valken is pretty shoddy, their quality control is pretty much just non existant.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users