4 replies to this topic

#1 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

Background: Planning my brothers birthday paintball party and giving him his first paintball setup. The gun I am giving him is my E1. By doing this I will be without a paintball gun during the party.

I wanted to get a used Rev-I but I do not trust ebay and the B/S/T threads I found so far were closed. Any help with finding used Rev-Is for sale or should I just buy a FX.

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

Without using eBay, the BST is pretty much your only option. If you really want a Rev-i, but don't see one, you could always put a WTB thread in the various forums and see if you get any hits. There could be someone with a Rev-i who is just too lazy to put up a BST thread, but would probably sell it if they knew there would be a buyer.

I've never used an FX for more than just holding it and shooting a bit over a chrono, so I can't really give a good comparison, but I can say the Rev-i is an awesome gun.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 16 October 2012 - 04:56 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#3 8765

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

You take the same risks whether you're buying on ebay or BST. If the funds are coming through paypal, generally they favor the buyer in cases of dispute. DP guns are easy to fix and usually only require changing a couple of orings, if needed. So getting a lemon DP isn't a huge deal for me, especially since I do a complete breakdown maintenance anyways.

Rev-i's are tough to find because they were manufactured in much smaller numbers, and it seems people tend to keep their rev-i. If you're not pressed for time, just be patient and wait for a deal to spring up.
"Memory is cheap." -Dr. Sam Kassegne

#4 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

You take the same risks whether you're buying on ebay or BST. If the funds are coming through paypal, generally they favor the buyer in cases of dispute. DP guns are easy to fix and usually only require changing a couple of orings, if needed. So getting a lemon DP isn't a huge deal for me, especially since I do a complete breakdown maintenance anyways.

Rev-i's are tough to find because they were manufactured in much smaller numbers, and it seems people tend to keep their rev-i. If you're not pressed for time, just be patient and wait for a deal to spring up.

Ended up getting a Rev-I from ebay. The funny thing I found is that the ebay seller also had an old thread in the BST section. Also you are right about how owners like to keep their guns.

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#5 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Ended up getting a Rev-I from ebay.

:tup: For a new fellow Rev-i owner.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion