• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

why is everyone hating on it? i own one this is what i say:

-feels great in the hands
-efficient
-it isent as loud as a lot of people say
-never had a problem with at lest 4 cases in it (i know its not a lot but no problems at all)
-it simple and it works well
-easy to change modes/parameters
-consistent over the crono

thats all i can think of on the spot but i dont see why people say they hate it for this that and the other thing like look if its just you like it then fine so be it but i hate it when people say in threads where someone is asking "hey what should i get etek4 or axe". and you reply like "dont get the etek4 it sucks balls you will hate it you shoot it and everyone thinks there is a train about to run them over." like seriously we all know everyone has there own opinion so why not say "feel both guns shoot them if you can pick your favourite." i do see that alot witch is good i have never shot and axe im not hating on it im just saying i went with the etek 4 and i love it. why must everyone hate?

/Rant!

If they talk shit, make them eat it.

#2 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

The new eteks are a tad more quiet than my etek 1, and I still use it. Loud and proud man.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#3 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

it isnt a bad gun but it is pretty much the exact same thing as the etek 3. it IS fucking loud. i have had enough people stack back center with me that were shooting eteks to hate it for that reason alone. i couldnt hear anyone yelling. just that damn gun. in the same price range you could get the axe or drone which have a much better shot quality.
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#4 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,641 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

Because people buy them and hail it as the best gun in the universe, saying its perfectly quiet and smooth. Also because PE pulled a DM10/Billy Wing with it, they took the Etek 3 badges off, replaced them with Etek 4 ones, and hoped no one would notice.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#5 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

i was hoping cooky would post just because of that sig :lol:
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#6 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

Because people buy them and hail it as the best gun in the universe, saying its perfectly quiet and smooth. Also because PE pulled a DM10/Billy Wing with it, they took the Etek 3 badges off, replaced them with Etek 4 ones, and hoped no one would notice.

i dont not "hail it as the best gun in the universe" and nor will i ever say or do that. i know it is louder then most guns but it has upgrades in it's like everyone else does from the ego to the dm make a couple changes test it release it other wise it would have a new name each time. no ego 1,2,3....11 or etek 1,2,3,4 there would only be one ego one etek. and id say it is smooth, personally i like it for what it is i dont plan on upgrading any time soon.

#7 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,641 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

i dont not "hail it as the best gun in the universe" and nor will i ever say or do that. i know it is louder then most guns but it has upgrades in it's like everyone else does from the ego to the dm make a couple changes test it release it other wise it would have a new name each time. no ego 1,2,3....11 or etek 1,2,3,4 there would only be one ego one etek. and id say it is smooth, personally i like it for what it is i dont plan on upgrading any time soon.

Its lounder than near everything, guns shouldn't have to be upgraded, Egos and DMs are another example of consumers being ripped off with the product not being changed. You cant say its smooth because its not, from that Spyders are smooth. Egos are not smooth, they were never intended to be, the aim for the Egos (up to and including the design of which the Etek 4 takes its design) was speed and reliability, smoothness is bottom of the list.

Edited by Cookybiscuit, 17 October 2012 - 11:38 AM.

#8 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

Its lounder than near everything, guns shouldn't have to be upgraded, Egos and DMs are another example of consumers being ripped off with the product not being changed. You cant say its smooth because its not, from that Spyders are smooth. Egos, they were never intended to be, the aim for the Egos (up to and including the design of which the Etek 4 takes its design) was speed and reliability, smoothness is bottom of the list.

exactly what it is, a tank
RAWR?

#9 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

It's the internet, everybody has to hate on something regardless of how logical their arguments are.
It's called scapegoating.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#10 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

You see, if it says Planet Eclipse or Dye on the side of the gun. It's gonna be hated on, by most people on this forum.
Why? "There is nothing new besides milling and a few upgrades"

Now if it says Bob Long on it, then it's a different tone. "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."
You see, the internet is full of ignorant people who loves jumping on bandwagons and have double standards. :tup:

#11 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,641 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

No, if its shit, people hate on it. BL got plenty of flak for the crappy looking G6Rs and BS efficiency claims.

#12 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

I pretty much like them all. If your thinking there is a answer to any of the VS questions your wrong due to people being biased and guns just canceling each other out like in a spoolie vs poppit manner.

#13 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

No, if its shit, people hate on it. BL got plenty of flak for the crappy looking G6Rs and BS efficiency claims.

Not anywhere near the amount of "Dye/PE is overpriced and look the same every year". Not anywhere close. The newest G6R got some flack because the milling is indeed hideous. And the efficiently claims was one gun, maybe two.(Can't recall if it was the Vic or the G6R, or both.) How many times have you or anyone else hated a PE or Dye product for simply being made by that brand?
It's no secret this forum is biased as shit towards the Bob Long guns.

But if it's actually shit it will most likely be hated on regardless of brand. That is true.

#14 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,641 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Plenty, PE just makes crap, as does Dye. Take a look at the Etek 4 and DM13, if thats not a good enough reason to hate on them I don't know what is. Bob Long is starting to join that, with lazy redoings of the same guns, the Vics and G6R's have remained the same since they were released, only seeing changes in milling and small things like an OLED, big woop. At-least Dye is trying something new with the DAM.

Oh and the efficiency thing was on the G6R, of which Bob claims it gets 3k shots. I don't remember the exact potential shot count of a full tank but I think it means the G6R is something like 115% efficient as a system, pretty impressive.

Edited by Cookybiscuit, 17 October 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#15 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Plenty, PE just makes crap, as does Dye. Take a look at the Etek 4 and DM13, if thats not a good enough reason to hate on them I don't know what is. Bob Long is starting to join that, with lazy redoings of the same guns, the Vics and G6R's have remained the same since they were released, only seeing changes in milling and small things like an OLED, big woop. At-least Dye is trying something new with the DAM.

Oh and the efficiency thing was on the G6R, of which Bob claims it gets 3k shots. I don't remember the exact potential shot count of a full tank but I think it means the G6R is something like 115% efficient as a system, pretty impressive.

While the Etek 4 is basically an upped etek 3, you have to give PE some credit for the Ego line not having an Ego 12. The Ego 11 and Geo 3 are two guns where you finally see some significant changes.

The thing is companies will go with what is successful. The Luxe, Vapor, and maybe the Demon, are both based heavily off the Shocker, Egos and DMs sell well every year so the companies don't really risk changing much. The Geo 2 was extremely similar to the Geo+. The Victory has remained the same with different milling since its release and it is extremely similar to the Marq, which different versions only had etek 3 to 4 level changes if not less. I don't know enough about Droids and Clones to speak of them. The Axe is basically a fullsized mini with a tool less bolt. I'm sure if I did enough research I could call out almost every gun company for releasing new versions of the gun with fairly minor changes. PE and Dye just get the most crap because of how long Egos and DMs have been released.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#16 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,641 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

I'm sure if I did enough research I could call out almost every gun company for releasing new versions of the gun with fairly minor changes.

The difference is that for alot of manufacturers it equates to a much improved gun, like you said, on paper the Axe isn't a great deal better than the Mini, but its a massively better gun. The Ego 11 pretty much only changed one thing, but the Ego 10 is a heap of crap in comparison. When the changes are nothing, like all the recent DMs, the G6Rs or the Etek 4, it looks stupid.

#17 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

I'm sure if I did enough research I could call out almost every gun company for releasing new versions of the gun with fairly minor changes.

The difference is that for alot of manufacturers it equates to a much improved gun, like you said, on paper the Axe isn't a great deal better than the Mini, but its a massively better gun. The Ego 11 pretty much only changed one thing, but the Ego 10 is a heap of crap in comparison. When the changes are nothing, like all the recent DMs, the G6Rs or the Etek 4, it looks stupid.

Other then the macroless design and milling changes, what's the difference in the marq and victory series?

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#18 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

Cars r the same way mata fact every thing can be related to this. People always say they want change but in reality we all hate it!

#19 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Because most people on techpb are bandwagoner fanboys. I say everyone shut the hell up and find a gun that you like. I love eteks they are tanks. I also love shockers, they are the smoothest and quietest guns ever made imo.

If you like it fuck what everyone else thinks they arnt the ones shooting it.

The whole idea of equipment advice is kind of stupid imo. Oh hey what do you like so I know what to spend MY money on. The trick to giving advice on markers is to tell people WHY you like a particular product. Not just blindly flame one while hailing another as the next coming of christ.

Edited by bigx, 17 October 2012 - 06:19 PM.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#20 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Because most people on techpb are bandwagoner fanboys. I say everyone shut the hell up and find a gun that you like. I love eteks they are tanks. I also love shockers, they are the smoothest and quietest guns ever made imo.

If you like it fuck what everyone else thinks they arnt the ones shooting it.

The whole idea of equipment advice is kind of stupid imo. Oh hey what do you like so I know what to spend MY money on. The trick to giving advice on markers is to tell people WHY you like a particular product. Not just blindly flame one while hailing another as the next coming of christ.

Well said

#21 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

The problem is that new players have no idea where to start. Equipment advice is very important in the low/mid end guns, not so much when it comes to high ends though.

Posted Image

#22 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

The problem is that new players have no idea where to start. Equipment advice is very important in the low/mid end guns, not so much when it comes to high ends though.

I have said it before and I will say it again. If you have to ask you are not ready. As for others giving advice I have yet to see someone give sound well thought out unbiased entry level marker advice.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#23 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,641 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

Other then the macroless design and milling changes, what's the difference in the marq and victory series?

Basically the only other significant change was the big efficiency boost from the Supercharge kit. Other than that, its just little stuff, the trigger is way better, the board doesn't use dip switches like some of the old ones do, better things like the barrel and ASA.

It also has the advantage of blowing out the frame orings when you use HP, really great feature.

#24 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

I'm pretty sure that is impossible lol

Posted Image

#25 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

im with ihasacellular lol well said

#26 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,641 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

I'm pretty sure that is impossible lol

Thats the point, even 100% efficiency is impossible.

#27 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

How can anyone be more biased than you? "They just make crap" Well, I guess those guns working great every year is not good enough.
Play some paintball in real life, maybe you'll learn a thing or two, because right now you only seem like biased person that only compares stats. <_<

For fucks fucking sake, why am I pissed about some forum dweller? That's it, I rage quit this thread.
I'll leave this here for you to watch:
Posted Image

PS: The G6R thing I agree with.

Edited by Nobben #44, 18 October 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#28 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,641 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

*Implying Tippmann doesn't make the best guns anyway*

#29 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

The perfect definition of troll = cookybiscut

#30 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:01 AM

*Implying Tippmann doesn't make the best guns anyway*

They work for their purpose, what more do you want?
I say again, try actually playing paintball and not only dwell on a forum reading stats.

Edited by Nobben #44, 19 October 2012 - 02:04 AM.

#31 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,641 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

I don't see why I need to go out and play to see the Etek 4 is a POS.

#32 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

I don't see why I need to go out and play to see the Etek 4 is a POS.

Cooky I wub you! ;)

I still suck and barely know positions.

thats what my wife said when I first met her...

#33 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,821 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

Silyputy, next time just come to me for advice lol. If you have any issues with your guns, I'll give you another $1800 gun to shoot for the day.

/winning

#34 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

Silyputy, next time just come to me for advice lol. If you have any issues with your guns, I'll give you another $1800 gun to shoot for the day.

/winning

lol the etek 4 isent a 1800 gun and i dont want one thats worth 1800 id never use it id be afraid of dropping it lol

#35 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,821 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

I have a few I could loan you, if you break it i'll just get another. :lol:

#36 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

I have a few I could loan you, if you break it i'll just get another. :lol:

Frick man i dident even realize who was replying lol. what guns do you have anyway i know you have the sl94 (witch makes me you know what in my pants jk lol lovely gone though) but what else do you have.

#37 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

ps i see why people say it is loud because today while i was out with myn someone else had the same one as me exact same one and it was fricken crazy loud but myn isent and ether were the other 5 i saw lol yes legit i say 5.

#38 SoCalPB22

SoCalPB22

Just Addictied...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

Look at the g6r Z

#39 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

ps i see why people say it is loud because today while i was out with myn someone else had the same one as me exact same one and it was fricken crazy loud but myn isent and ether were the other 5 i saw lol yes legit i say 5.

reading that made my nose bleed.

#40 Incze

Incze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

Go shoot the azodin blitz with its stock barrel and tell me it's louder than the etek4. I love my etek4 and it's not that loud.

#41 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Go shoot the azodin blitz with its stock barrel and tell me it's louder than the etek4. I love my etek4 and it's not that loud.

My friend shot a blitz like 4 feet from my head one time, Holy Shit....

Posted Image

#42 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,641 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

I love my etek4 and it's not that loud.

Yes it is. You can count the guns that are louder than it on one hand.

#43 Mexico

Mexico

Wut is hoonigan?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

I think that hating PE has become a band wagon sort of thing...

Who the fuck cares if its loud? That's just an excuse to hate. It does everything it was supposed to do. I hated all my BL because I could never count on them to work 100% of the time.

#44 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

then you were doing it wrong...

BLs in my experiance are one of the most reliable brands of guns on the market today....

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#45 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

BLs in my experiance are one of the most reliable brands of guns on the market today....

after owning 4 BL guns and kicking my g6rs ass for 2 years, i have never had one of them not work. not once.

#46 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

I love my Etek because it simply goes bang every time I pull the trigger.

Plus I think its hot as hell picked her up sunday for my lt and change. Proshop wanted an easier gun to sell.

Posted Image

Edited by bigx, 05 November 2012 - 07:46 PM.

#47 Mexico

Mexico

Wut is hoonigan?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

pretty sure I know what im doing. One does not spend that ammount of cash on something they know nothing about.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users