• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Riot141

Riot141

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

So I'm getting ready for next season and I'm looking to upgrade from my a5. My thoughts were an PE Etha with the rail body kit. The majority of my team uses BT TM15s, so I wanted to stray away from that(I dare to be different). I'm looking for some advice/suggestions on other markers. I'd like something lightweight with a removable stock. I'm more into tank on gun vs remote lines. I do have the remote line option though so I'm not ruling it out.

please excuse typos I'm typing this on a phone.

#2 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

I think the Etha is a great idea compared to A-5 or your team members' choice of the tm15. Just get it in a camo-esque color of black or green and wear your vest/other milsim stuff.

Try playing for a bit without a stock, and you may well find that you don't want one as they serve so little in paintball. The Etha with a tank on gun is going to be less heavy than a "milsim" A-5 with remote.

#3 Riot141

Riot141

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

Yeah that was my thought. I was wondering if there were some other markers that were a rave in milsim. I heard talks of the GOG G1 and have considered it. I would probably buy it used because none of my local pro shops have it. My purpose for wanting to buy it from a pro shop is that they all sell life time warranties. Dont get me wrong I like taking apart the marker myself, but having a lifetime warrant couldnt hurt anything.

#4 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Check out my G-1 I linked to you. GOG has a 5 year warranty with their gun I believe, it might even be life time. However i know for a fact that they back their product amazingly! I had an airleak at LL5, and the tech took it apart, retuned it, fixed the leak AND gave me a free 360 QEV that he installed and tuned to work properly.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#5 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

If you are still on the fence about a stock, the G1 is $250 new, including carrying case which contains a removable stock. My experiences dealing with GoG have been good so far.

#6 natezthekid

natezthekid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

Adding milisim looks to your gun is a wast of money. If you pick up an etha don't get the EMC kit or what ever it is called just use a tank and a hopper.

#7 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

I suggest the sp-1 because it is nearly the same gun for half the price.

#8 o0SWAGGERZ0o

o0SWAGGERZ0o

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

Here's my Geo 2 with an emc kit. Can do the same thing with an ehta if you wanted to.

#9 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

G1/SP1 (Same gun) definately a good way to go. Im all about scenario play and after trying out a few markers I finally stuck with the SP-1 for a while before switching to a TM-15 but now and then I still rather run with the SP-1.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

G1/SP1 (Same gun) definately a good way to go. Im all about scenario play and after trying out a few markers I finally stuck with the SP-1 for a while before switching to a TM-15 but now and then I still rather run with the SP-1.

Posted Image

Whoa, not trying to derail the thread or anything but how did you paint your gun?

Also I'll just chime in and say that I ultimately decided on a G-1 as well. I wanted reliability, efficiency and an upgrade from my Tippmann and it had everything I wanted. It has the functionality of an electric gun in a nice solid exterior. I haven't gotten to play in a game with it yet but I couldn't have seen myself making any other choice.

#11 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

PM'd you bout the paintjob.

Oh and don't forget about the fact that you could always upgrade to the Blackheart board on a SP1/G1
Posted Image

#12 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Streaker, I am forever jealous of your sexy G-1...might have to pick up another one again some time..

#13 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

PM'd you bout the paintjob.

Oh and don't forget about the fact that you could always upgrade to the Blackheart board on a SP1/G1

As someone who has just installed his blackheart in his G-1 this weekend... is it really worth it? I got it because everyone says G-1 doesn't break paint... and the eyes will make double sure of it, but I was contemplating returning it and getting a hopper or mask. The marker comes stock with decent modes out of the box, and apparently the low-force bolt doesn't break paint so for someone who... say, doesn't really care about the PSP mode and faster bps, is it worth the extra $50 or something that could probably be put off?

I mean, having installed it on my G-1 already I'm not going to benefit from the knowledge much, but I'm curious and if OP is interested in the SP-1/G-1 it may be useful for him to know as well(especially since you have to upgrade the breech on the SP-1 for the eyes).

#14 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

Honestly? Keep the BH Board. Trust me, the eyes make it worth it. You can't buy a better board for 50 bucks, and it really makes it worth it, especially if you ever use the full auto option. I had one for a long time, and I loved the blackheart board. I plan on buying another with a BH board when I get a chance.

#15 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

Honestly? Keep the BH Board. Trust me, the eyes make it worth it. You can't buy a better board for 50 bucks, and it really makes it worth it, especially if you ever use the full auto option. I had one for a long time, and I loved the blackheart board. I plan on buying another with a BH board when I get a chance.

Well actually I have no choice, the stock board was having problems anyways(semi-auto not firing, and full-auto stuck firing constantly) so I just went ahead and installed the blackheart to save the headache of wasting more time than I already did sitting and debugging it.

#16 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

<br />Streaker, I am forever jealous of your sexy G-1...might have to pick up another one again some time..<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Ha! Thanks but its actually an SP-1.
I think at this point the OP has no choice but to go with a G-1. Lol
Posted Image

#17 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

True story lol, I keep thinking of all the old SP-1's as G-1's now anyway haha.

#18 Calculon

Calculon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

I consider the G-1 and the Etha+EMC to be the best milsim markers for the money on the market. You can't go wrong with either. TMs can be finicky.

#19 Gyvanth

Gyvanth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

I love my Etha EMC for its adaptability. With a collapsible stock, Halo Too, and remote line, I can play like the standard player. But then I just pop off the stock, collapse the fore grip, add a 13/3000 instead of a remote, and use a 50rnd hopper, and I can play similarly to an open class pump player and run around with no weight. My only complaint is that the Etha can be rough on paint.

Edited by Gyvanth, 16 January 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#20 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

I consider the G-1 and the Etha+EMC to be the best milsim markers for the money on the market. You can't go wrong with either. TMs can be finicky.

Finicky? Not at all. I've had my SP-1 for over 4 years now and I haven't even cleaned the thing once and I haven't had a single problem.
Posted Image

#21 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

I think he meant TM7 and TM15.

#22 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Oh whoops. Guess I didn't read that right. I would of still disagreed but my TM-15 did have some type of internal blow out leak 2 weekends ago. Lol
Posted Image

#23 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Only problem I had with my G-1 was the trigger stick issue from screwing in the handgrips too tight, then having a low battery but GOG guns do that irritating thing where they won't fire but the light still comes on. So you think its on but the battery is actually dead. I mean really, who does some shit like that???

#24 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Only problem I had with my G-1 was the trigger stick issue from screwing in the handgrips too tight, then having a low battery but GOG guns do that irritating thing where they won't fire but the light still comes on. So you think its on but the battery is actually dead. I mean really, who does some shit like that???

Guessing it's because LEDs take such an extraordinarily low amount of power to work, compared to the functionality of the board.

#25 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

You'd think that they'd have something installed to prevent that from happening...

#26 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

You'd think that they'd have something installed to prevent that from happening...

Very hard to do that. The solenoid takes up most of the power. Plus cold weather can be a factor too. A capacitor would help, but it would effect the amount of shots per battery making it less efficient.

#27 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

I know, just seems sadistic lol.

#28 CrowsFeast1

CrowsFeast1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

How are TM's finicky?
I just bought a TM-7 and absolutely love it so far, so I'd like to know about any problems I may face in the future.

I currently have a Rotor on it, with an aluminum tank. I don't really like how the tank and butt-stock fit together, so I'm thinking about running a remote line on it, but it also comes with a plug if I want to just remove the stock.

It's a really lightweight marker with mini internals, and it's affordable, so i don't see a downside to it right now.

#29 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

Best bet CrowsFeast? Look at getting a ProConnect 3 remote or a Kobra Koil remote. Both have push button air disengagement, and easy to install. Just screw the adapter plug in the back of your marker, put the remote line end on your tank, screw it in, plug it in and away you go.

#30 CrowsFeast1

CrowsFeast1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

Best bet CrowsFeast? Look at getting a ProConnect 3 remote or a Kobra Koil remote. Both have push button air disengagement, and easy to install. Just screw the adapter plug in the back of your marker, put the remote line end on your tank, screw it in, plug it in and away you go.

Went to a local shop on the weekend who only stocks Ninja air products. Apparently he no longer stocks the Cobra Coil as too many were leaking when they were brand new, so I just bought a ninja remote coil with slide check (and a fill whip)

#31 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

That works too. Ninja is a reliable company.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users