26 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

Unofficial Official Ranter.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

I am so sick and tired of signing up for shit, you cannot download an app, use a service or order from a site without spending 10 minutes signing up for something you may never use again.

For example.

Want to buy something from, say, ANSgear? Or some other brick-and-mortar store, you have to sign up for an account which means you need to;

Enter your email.

Use the same password you use for everything else, because seriously, are you going to remember 30 different passwords for every bullshit thing you have to sign up for?

Find out the password needs to be at least 8 characters long.

Hit the keyboard.

Add the numbers "1" or "2" until you meet the fucking quota.

Add a security questions, because people are just DYING to get in to your "Yummy Tummy Hot Dogs and Ham Emporium" account.

Enter in the bullshit captcha that doesn't work until the third time.

Go to your email provider.

Confirm your account.

Go start your order all the fuck over again because it didn't save it because It's a stupid piece of cat shit.

See? It's bullshit, I need more fucking accounts like I need an active grenade in my eye socket, and it's not like you're going to be on the edge of your seat, waiting for their shitting mailing list to send you shitty "Deals" and "Exclusive" offers, you know what I do? I block every single fucking email from my inbox, it all get's insta-trashed because fuck you for making me do that.

If you want someone to create an account to buy something from your shitty site, have the option to pay through Amazon and use my Amazon info or some shit, fucking anything but this.
And it's not just buying shit either, if you want to use 90% of apps on, say, Android, you have to sign up for a shit ton of fucking accounts just with them, because, why not, I want more stupid fucking emails from a site i used ONCE in my lifetime.

And what's the deal with businesses asking for your email and/or phone number? If I go in to a coffee shop for an overpriced coffee because I'm too snobby to go to Starbucks, why do you need my Phone Number? Eat shit, I always give them the old "555" number, they know it's fake, but they don't care, they don't even want to enforce it, they have to, because they want to track and see if you give them good reviews on Yelp or some shit.

It's not like anyone should care about Yelp anyone, it's about a bunch of privileged entitled dickwads praising large corporations for shitting all over them, and complaining how the small local place didn't have their brand of Chai.

And I'm serious about that one, I've seen reviews just like that, where people will absolutely trash a place for not having a specific brand of what-the-fuck-ever, it sickens me, and people take these reviews seriously? I take them about as seriously as Youtube comments, which is not at all, but apparently it's gospel to people who can't be spontaneous and just go somewhere without having to read reviews, sure, it may be shitty, but at least YOU know it's shitty, and not "Shitty" as in "They didn't play the latest pop/punk/emo soundtrack that you like, LOL I'm such a nerd for them!!!11"

God, I can't even concentrate, fucking Pandora keeps playing shitty pop "FEEEEEELINGS, LOOOOOVE HEEEEEEEEER OR HIIIIIIIIM, FEEEEELINGS SOOO MANY FEEEEELINGS, BEING A TEEEEEEN IS SOOOOOO HAAAAARD, BEEECAUSE LOOOOVE" GAG, fuck this noise, but of course it plays like, 8 shitty songs in a row, now I have to listen to three more, better then Youtube or 8tracks I suppose...

Anyway, everyone I mentioned above can go eat fire n' such.

Before I go, I just need to say that shit like Gangam style really needs to stop, I get it, I really, really do, it's a Korean guy doing silly things, it was funny when it came out, now you thick-skulled idiots ruined it, let it die like Slenderman, LMFAO, ect.

Please, stop ruining good things, it's all we have, you can't just come in, declare yourself a "Nerd" and call everything the internet makes interesting and just hate puke all over it.

Brings back memories, though, most of you don't know, but back in cave-man times (Circa 1990, the best decade, obviously) being a "Nerd" "Geek" or "Dork" was a social life sentance, didn't matter what you looked like, how you spoke or what else you did, you could jump over fire sharks with fricken' lasers on their heads in your back yard on your ATV and it wouldn't matter, you were basically fucked for a good number of years, now, of course, everyone's a "Nerd" "LOL, I USE THE INTERNET AND I POST SHITTY MEMES I FOUND ON 9GAG BECAUSE I'M TOO MUCH OF A SCARED BITCH TO LURK ON THE BOORUS LOL, SUCH A NERD!!!!"

But that's fine, you can all come over here to our domain and shit around and act like you've been here all the time, we know you're only here to be "Cool" like the other sheep who do whatever it is their peers do, that's all fine, because we know when the inevitable "Punk" scene comes back, the whole heard will wander over there, and everything will be right in the world.

Or go Amish, that would be cool too-for fucks sake, Pandora, do I really look like a Limpbizkit fan to you? Eat shit and die, fucking box.

God damn, I'm not even done with these forms I have to fill out.

And that's another thing, fuck you and your "Fax" machine, seriously, fuck it to hell, throw it out, it's stupid and bullshit.

You know what I love doing? I love typing up a three page long novel of paper work.

Putting it in the Fax machine, dialing the phone, watch the machine eat the paper and force the guy on the other end to reprint what I just sent him.

You know what would be e-fucking emails, seriously, people, it's the Year 2012, if you force me to fax shit to your business for any reason, I'm going to light every one of your fax machines on fire, every god damn one of them, yeah, I know it's another "Oh no, Wolfwood is ranting about fire world problems hurp deer" Have you ever used a Fax machine? Their fucking bullshit, go try and find one, go on, find one, now try to send a piece of paper to some poor sod who also happens to have a Fax Machine, can't find anyone with a Fax machine? Me neither, you have to ask the two owners left in the world.

I'm emailing you this shit, and you're ass can print it out, I'm not going to waste the ink from OUR printer just to waste ink from YOUR fax machine, it's inefficient and silly, and no one should have to deal with that, you know how much money you could save of Fax machines and Fax ink/toner? Enough to buy a shitty computer with a shitty printer to print out whatever the fuck you wanted faxed.

End of First World Problem rant, but the beginning of something greater.

Edited by Wolfwood, 18 October 2012 - 03:33 AM.

#2 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:51 AM

I will be the First to say i agree with you 100%

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#3 MaxFishr

MaxFishr

Dick Chappy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

My bus ride was fully entertained by you, good sir.

#4 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,328 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

That was long...and beautiful.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#5 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

If you have bad music on Pandora you are doing it wrong.

I love you.

#6 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

Limp bizkit seems like an appropriate band to go along with your shitty attitude.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#7 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

Dont you dare compare a bunch of shitty wanna bees to wolfwood.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#8 Blue fellow

Blue fellow

'scuse me while I kiss the sky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Dont you dare compare a bunch of shitty wanna bees to wolfwood.

Posted Image
"We are made of emotions, we are all looking for emotions, it's only a question of finding the way to experience them." - Ayrton Senna

[Govinda] i dont think ive ever been sigged

#9 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

I always enjoy these rants. :tup:

#10 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

I always enjoy the comments. Posted Image

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#11 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

Posted Image

I can totally agree with the email thing, I'm tired of spam.

Just a tip, create a junk email along with a junk password to use for all of those shity services that you will probably never use again.

And I didn't even know fax machines still existed.
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#12 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

Limp bizkit seems like an appropriate band to go along with your shitty attitude.

No one....fucking NO ONE should have to be subjected to Limp Bizkits howling in to a microphone...it's....it's so terrible...

I can totally agree with the email thing, I'm tired of spam.

Just a tip, create a junk email along with a junk password to use for all of those shity services that you will probably never use again.

And I didn't even know fax machines still existed.

But even If I create a new email specifically for signing up for stupid bullshit, that's just another email I have to access, because more often then not, I need to go get the fucking confirmation email, so that means I need to.

Go through the stupid bullshit sign up steps.

Log out of my current email.

Sign in to my spam email.

Confirm the email address.

Log out of the email.

Sign back in to my actual address.

You can't escape from it, it's just another shitty thing that hateful people make you do, the only way I can see this working is if you use a different email service, like Yahoo, no one uses Yahoo, and for good reason.

#13 TaFF

TaFF

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

I'll read all this. Just give me a week

#14 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Use Gmail, you can log into multiple accounts at one. Win

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#15 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Or have like a gmail, and a hotmail or yahoo or whatever, and link them both to Outlook Express. Then you can access both at the same time without logging in and out all the time.

#16 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Or have like a gmail, and a hotmail or yahoo or whatever, and link them both to Outlook Express. Then you can access both at the same time without logging in and out all the time.

But then all the emails are just condensed like some horrible shit soup in to one email.

#17 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Not really, on the sidebar you can choose which one to look at. So you could keep your main one up most of the time, and if you have to use a confirmation email, you can just click on the other email address on the outlook sidebar, and it would probably be in the most recent emails. That way you only have to look at it when really necessary, and there isnt any digging needed.

#18 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

Not really, on the sidebar you can choose which one to look at. So you could keep your main one up most of the time, and if you have to use a confirmation email, you can just click on the other email address on the outlook sidebar, and it would probably be in the most recent emails. That way you only have to look at it when really necessary, and there isnt any digging needed.

So...everything will be okay?

My....my god....

#19 picaboo8

picaboo8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

decent..

#20 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

Which is why I keep my e-mail open, and sign up for sites that I see something interesting on, before even carting anything.

If I don't see all I have, I just quit the site. You don't know how many sites I have abandoned.

#21 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

just for you wolfwood
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#22 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpUYjpKg9KY

just for you wolfwood

Thank god I have a new add-on for Firefox.

It automatically detects and destroys shitty youtube videos and sends me an alert over Trillian.

Gotta love technology.

No, but seriously, fuck LimpBizkit and his soggy, undercooked biscuits.

#23 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

It's not like anyone should care about Yelp anyone, it's about a bunch of privileged entitled dickwads praising large corporations for shitting all over them, and complaining how the small local place didn't have their brand of Chai.

Well shit... now I'm in the mood for a good Chai.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#24 Guest_PainX10_*

Guest_PainX10_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

ive been reading alot of ur stuff wolfwood, and i love you! ahaa

#25 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,946 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

i had no idea we had a fax machine at work until I was cashing my drawer out one morning and it started receiving a fax and then jammed and died...

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#26 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

i had no idea we had a fax machine at work until I was cashing my drawer out one morning and it started receiving a fax and then jammed and died...

It was trying to communicate to the world that it was still alive, after sputtering through Life-Support, it tried to send a greeting, then it realized it's a stupid piece of catshit, died, and everyone turned a blind eye because no one wanted to drag it's heavy ass out.

#27 dragonwing7x@gmail.com

dragonwing7x@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

that rant he had i have to agree on all of it and the music stuff about fads and all that dum faschist stuff like popularity just another thing for kids that have insecurity problems to hate themselves even more

Player of STL huSTLe             XTREME paintball park milstatd illinois home of total greif

giphy.gif

http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users