14 replies to this topic

#1 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

Ok, my budget is around the 100-200 price range (would like the cheapest possible) and I want either open class or modified stock class with a bottomline. Ive never played pump is why i want a lower budget. I am leaning towards open class so it would be a smooth transition from semi to pump. I also want my setup to be light. So any suggestions on what a good used or new pump to get? I wont be buying for at least a few months so I am not asking for you to offer me something. Thanks for any suggestions!

#2 Corysllw

Corysllw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

Azodin Kp with a Winchester!
Posted Image

Or the traccer with a BTSA17 mag and a bottom line kit

#3 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

given your pricerange, a used Sniper or Phantom is probably going to offer more value to you than an Azodin

#4 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

trilogy with sanchez machine dual rod kit :)

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#5 q000ball

q000ball

i Fought The Law, And....I Won

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

I think a trilogy would be your best bet. They may not be the flashiest, but they are pretty good. And you will definitely be on the low side, probably even under your budget.

#6 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

I really think Phantoms are a great gun for this price because you can get into pump with them for that range, and if you want to change up your play style, for a extra chunk of change you can, without needing to buy a whole new gun. If you buy an AKP than you're pretty much stuck playing just open class. If you buy a phantom, for under 50 bucks (MUCH LESS THEN THE PRICE OF A NEW GUN) you can completely get a new set-up. Maybe going from open class, to stock class, or what ever you like. It is all easily possible and affordable. I say easily because technically any paintball marker can be converted to be a pump, and in turn, can be open class, MSC or stock class. But they require heavy mods, a lot of work, or other out of the way steps that are not done cheap or easy anywhere, even if you know how to do it yourself, to match quality and price phantoms get on drop in set-ups it would be next to impossible, for any other markers in that price range.

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!
If you show me an inch, I'll show you the dead-box.

-Brett

#7 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

I really think Phantoms are a great gun for this price because you can get into pump with them for that range, and if you want to change up your play style, for a extra chunk of change you can, without needing to buy a whole new gun. If you buy an AKP than you're pretty much stuck playing just open class. If you buy a phantom, for under 50 bucks (MUCH LESS THEN THE PRICE OF A NEW GUN) you can completely get a new set-up. Maybe going from open class, to stock class, or what ever you like. It is all easily possible and affordable. I say easily because technically any paintball marker can be converted to be a pump, and in turn, can be open class, MSC or stock class. But they require heavy mods, a lot of work, or other out of the way steps that are not done cheap or easy anywhere, even if you know how to do it yourself, to match quality and price phantoms get on drop in set-ups it would be next to impossible, for any other markers in that price range.

Thought that was the case until I poured $450+ into phantoms. Don't get me wrong phantoms are cheap, but to make it a full open class from a stock class you need $$$.

Cost me $140 for a stock class phantom bba setup, you can make it open class for $25 extra.

But for me I wanted ducking everything! 45 grips, houges, vsc, rainman uc, df adapter, gas thru, etc. that would have ran me ~$300+ for one marker

So yea if you want to get a phantom, you may get sucked in like I did and eventually end up with a ccm (I hope to get a ccm come like February)
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#8 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

Thought that was the case until I poured $450+ into phantoms. Don't get me wrong phantoms are cheap, but to make it a full open class from a stock class you need $$.

Cost me $140 for a stock class phantom bba setup, you can make it open class for $25 extra.

But for me I wanted ducking everything! 45 grips, houges, vsc, rainman uc, df adapter, gas thru, etc. that would have ran me ~$300+ for one marker

So yea if you want to get a phantom, you may get sucked in like I did and eventually end up with a ccm (I hope to get a ccm come like February)

those things are all top notch, I was just alluding to the fact it can indeed be done, for much less, and still be functionally sound, with drop in parts, never needing any custom modification, or anything a new user can't handle

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!
If you show me an inch, I'll show you the dead-box.

-Brett

#9 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

Oh yes I totally agree man if you are not picky just pickup a sc phantom with bba, and a cf body for <$200. With that sc, msc, and oc can be done
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#10 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

My son has an Azodin Kaos Pump...get the Phantom.

If you get a Kaos, you will likely drop another 100 bucks on a new barrel (roll outs), feed-neck (pos) and an on/off asa.

If you get a Phantom you are likely to change and upgrade it as well, likely spending more money than the Kaos.

In the end if you get the Kaos, you will likely need to or want to upgrade because you will still have an Azodin Kaos, an inferior marker, you will use it occasionally, you will always bring your electro to the field, you will never commit to the pump.

If you get a Phantom you will have a marker you can grow with, customizing it to suit your likes and play style, you will love pump play, use less paint and end up saving money, then you will buy another pump, maybe a CCM?

You will grow taller, become better looking, get a very hot girlfriend and win he lottery too... Well maybe this last part is an exaggeration?

Get a Phantom, some of the best & most experienced players use Phantoms.

Good luck!

Edited by David A., 01 November 2012 - 03:33 AM.

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#11 kevdoh

kevdoh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

you can get a new open class phantom for just under 200 you can upgrade it and do what you want with it deffinatly go for the phantom much more reliable my friend has a kaos it might just be his but it breaks down on him constantly

#12 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

used sniper hands down. Check MCB bst,pbn, and here. you will get much better performance out of a sniper than you will any new pump.

Edited by XxJellyFilledxX, 23 December 2012 - 10:56 PM.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#13 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

Well thanks for all the replies, I didnt know this threa was still alive... Haha, I picked up a used open class phantom about a month ago for $160 and I am very happy with it!

Edited by GeezusPB, 23 December 2012 - 11:04 PM.

#14 SuperG91

SuperG91

You met me at a very strange time in my life.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Well thanks for all the replies, I didnt know this threa was still alive... Haha, I picked up a used open class phantom about a month ago for $160 and I am very happy with it!

You definitely made the right choice man!
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"]

[size="4"]Super, that is by far the funniest reply I've ever seen in my life, if it weren't so massive I'd quote it in my sig lol

Feedback!

#15 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

good choice

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users