350 replies to this topic

#151 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

We'll all know more in a few weeks, but I have a feeling that the Impulse will be more like an Impulse than the Vanquish will be like a Luxe.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#152 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

We'll all know more in a few weeks, but I have a feeling that the Impulse will be more like an Impulse than the Vanquish will be like a Luxe.

don't count on it. KEE owns the patents for all of SP's designs. chances are they will both be slightly updated clones of both.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#153 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Simon just confirmed on some other paintball forum that he has left Kee. I wonder if this means the Vanquish was finished or if another designer is going to have to put the finishing touches on it?

#154 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,876 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

I highly doubt that Simon was the only engineer at Kee.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#155 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

So who is this new marker supposed to appeal to? It seems to me like its more of a high end. Makes sense since the axe has been the cheapest sponsor marker in the pro leagues. Im guessing a $700-$800 MSRP.

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#156 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Well if empire remakes the impulse, ill be on the bandwagon for one.

#157 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

simon said he finished all work before leaving KEE. the vanquish design by that should be done.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#158 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Who is gonna present the class at extravaganza then? Gasp

#159 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

I hope that the new engineering vp will as good as Simon.
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#160 p8ntballin007

p8ntballin007

WRECKER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

Looks like they set up their teaser now.

http://empirepaintball.com/unveiling

#161 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Friggin' teasers, I wish companies would just release a product. They do all this stuff then I lose interest. Like with the Spire for example. I had lost complete interest until I started hearing good reviews.

#162 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

Edited by unfated33, 19 February 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#163 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

Seeing that this gun is coming out the 26th, I was actually going to buy a Empire Axe this week... Does this mean that the Axe will drop in price? I would hate to buy the gun for $459 this week and see the gun drop down in price a week later.
Posted Image

Team Captain of the San Jose Falcons

#164 REDEMPTION on TechPB

REDEMPTION on TechPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Posted Image

wow!!!

96028648935542031278.png

#165 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,876 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Seeing that this gun is coming out the 26th, I was actually going to buy a Empire Axe this week... Does this mean that the Axe will drop in price? I would hate to buy the gun for $459 this week and see the gun drop down in price a week later.

I wouldn't think so. Like how a new Ego doesn't change the price of the Etek, or a new DM doesn't change the price of the Rail.

Fear is the mind-killer

#166 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

my local field has preorders up heres the link if anybody is interested http://www.lussonspo...uish marker.htm

#167 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

I don't understand why they need my home phone and address to send me emails?

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#168 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

I wouldn't think so. Like how a new Ego doesn't change the price of the Etek, or a new DM doesn't change the price of the Rail.

is the vanquish like the high end for empire now? I literally just bought an axe so i hope its not a replacement :( Im hoping this vanquish out of my price range anyway so i dont feel like an idiotPosted Image

Current Setup:
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#169 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,876 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

Yes, the Vanquish is supposedly going to be well over $1000.

Fear is the mind-killer

#170 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

ok good haha it makes sense. The axe still sells great so i guess they want to get into the highend market.

Current Setup:
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#171 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

the axe will still be one of the best mid ends. Too bad the axe won't be a "pro" gun since teams like infamous are probably gonna be shooting these new empire guns,

#172 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

the axe will still be one of the best mid ends. Too bad the axe won't be a "pro" gun since teams like infamous are probably gonna be shooting these new empire guns,

Pro gun doesn't mean anything. Spyders were pro guns at one point.

I love you.

#173 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

Awkward moment when it is manufactured in Taiwan like the Axe is.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#174 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

Pro gun doesn't mean anything. Spyders were pro guns at one point.

They were, but those things were closer to intimidators in spyder bodies than still being spyders.

#175 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

is the vanquish like the high end for empire now? I literally just bought an axe so i hope its not a replacement :( Im hoping this vanquish out of my price range anyway so i dont feel like an idiotPosted Image

Buys axe for $250 lnib, I'm still winning!
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#176 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

Awkward moment when it is manufactured in Taiwan like the Axe is.

I don't see anything wrong with that. <_<

#177 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

ive heard empire is gonna spread it out one team shoot the vanquish one shoot the axe and one shoot the impulse.

#178 pumpbusters

pumpbusters

Hasa Diga Eebowai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

ive heard empire is gonna spread it out one team shoot the vanquish one shoot the axe and one shoot the impulse.

I'd be surprised, it'd be similar to some PE teams being forced to eteks.... What would be much more likely is empire giving the option of all three too all their pro players. So you'd have a team of say two impulses, two vanquishes, and an axe. Similar To how a bob long team would shoot both g6r's and Vic's

First After Mike!

what did I tell about doing that?

"If at first you don't succeed pump, pump again." -me

#179 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

I'd be surprised, it'd be similar to some PE teams being forced to eteks.... What would be much more likely is empire giving the option of all three too all their pro players. So you'd have a team of say two impulses, two vanquishes, and an axe. Similar To how a bob long team would shoot both g6r's and Vic's

I might be wrong but I kinda remember hearing that over in the Millennium series some of the lower divisional teams are shooting Etek"s and Etha's instead of the Ego's and Geo's. but I might be remembering incorrectly. but in this case i can see some of the lower divisions playing with axe's while the pros shoot the new high ends.
Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#180 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

couple reasons I think certain teams will still be shooting axes. I've heard from a pretty good source vicious is having some sick custom axes made, the difference between the axe and etek thing, the axe really works as a pro level gun, the etek is a watered down ego.

#181 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

They will all shoot the high end. Guarantee it.

yea I kept seeing banner ads for asianbeaver.com until I cleared my cache

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#182 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

from a marketing standpoint if I were kee I would want teams still shooting axes. simply because its good for business to be able to say pros use their gun. even though its almost always the player not the gear.

#183 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

couple reasons I think certain teams will still be shooting axes. I've heard from a pretty good source vicious is having some sick custom axes made, the difference between the axe and etek thing, the axe really works as a pro level gun, the etek is a watered down ego.

just because they are doing custom axes, doesnt necessarily mean they will be shooting them, just saying. its two different thing

Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#184 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

just because they are doing custom axes, doesnt necessarily mean they will be shooting them, just saying. its two different thing

Vicious said in that poster that they will be shooting axes because as far as empire is concered we made all this up. They have not released anything on this gun do you really think a sponsored team would piss off there sponsor and confirm something they have not confirmed yet? They pro teams will shoot the most expensive one period. Its marketing sucide if you don't

Remember when Mikko got sponsored to shoot the PM8? Then everybody realized the pm8 was a dm9 and then boom dye made everyone shoot the DM. Shit they even quit selling pms with lprs.

You don't see PE's pro teams shooting eteks.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#185 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Vicious said in that poster that they will be shooting axes because as far as empire is concered we made all this up. They have not released anything on this gun do you really think a sponsored team would piss off there sponsor and confirm something they have not confirmed yet? They pro teams will shoot the most expensive one period. Its marketing sucide if you don't

Remember when Mikko got sponsored to shoot the PM8? Then everybody realized the pm8 was a dm9 and then boom dye made everyone shoot the DM. Shit they even quit selling pms with lprs.

From what I understand is that you think the Vanquish is some kind of hoax. Well, that is an interesting theory, except they are officially unveiling it on the 26th of February.

Here is the Facebook link as proof: http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10152549086995251&set=a.442428675250.374431.295594590250&type=1&theater
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#186 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

I'm not gonna spend more time discussing this with you time will tell if the axe stays in the pros or goes.

#187 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

From what I understand is that you think the Vanquish is some kind of hoax. Well, that is an interesting theory, except they are officially unveiling it on the 26th of February.

Here is the Facebook link as proof: http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10152549086995251&set=a.442428675250.374431.295594590250&type=1&theater

No... He's saying Empire and their teams have been keeping a tight lid on the Vanquish, and since it hasn't been released yet, the teams will still be using the Axe as far as we're concerned, but once the Vanquish is made public their teams will likely be shooting the Vanquish exclusively.

Feedback

JT Replacement Foam - http://tinyurl.com/kwscalp

#188 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

No... He's saying Empire and their teams have been keeping a tight lid on the Vanquish, and since it hasn't been released yet, the teams will still be using the Axe as far as we're concerned, but once the Vanquish is made public their teams will likely be shooting the Vanquish exclusively.

Yup. Don't know where he got the hoax thing from haha.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#189 DamianE

DamianE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

Here is the Facebook link as proof: http://www.facebook....&type=1

Yup. Don't know where he got the hoax thing from haha.

I think he got confused with the PM8 refrence.

Methinks I will be watching a lot of youtube after PBX.

naimadamian.png

#190 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Did you see empires Facebook post? Empire says vicious will be shooting axes this year even after they confirmed the vanquish?

#191 MrBk

MrBk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Did you see empires Facebook post? Empire says vicious will be shooting axes this year even after they confirmed the vanquish?

Haven't been following this close enough but have they confirmed that the Vanquish is a marker? Because if not then it would be because they want people to keep guessing what the Vanquish is. Until Empire has confirmed that it is marker I think they will keep saying Vicious is shooting Axes. We may know it's a marker but people who aren't as big into the forums may not know.
Nassagaweya Assault Unit #88 "The Pianist"

"Rape and Pillage My Friend, Rape and PIillage" -Bush

Sponsors: ANS gear Paintball HQ Ultimate Paintball Virtue

#192 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

Haven't been following this close enough but have they confirmed that the Vanquish is a marker? Because if not then it would be because they want people to keep guessing what the Vanquish is. Until Empire has confirmed that it is marker I think they will keep saying Vicious is shooting Axes. We may know it's a marker but people who aren't as big into the forums may not know.

guess we will have to wait for the dallas open to find out.

#193 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

Who wants to bet me?

Edit: Scratch that to who wants to bet me by the end of the season they will shoot vicious team gun vanquishes? Cause apparently they wont be ready for Dallas.

Edited by Schuppert3, 22 February 2013 - 11:15 PM.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#194 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,672 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

When they said, "vicious will be shooting axes in 2013" it was just a fancy way of telling people about their new sponsorship change. I'm sure they'll be given the option to shoot whatever they like best and I'm sure most of them will choose the vanquish, I'd even bet that a few of them stick with their axes though.

Kee would be stupid to limit them to just the axe, that makes no sense from a business standpoint. They'd want them shooting (displaying) their newest product, It's a way of advertising.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#195 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

When they said, "vicious will be shooting axes in 2013" it was just a fancy way of telling people about their new sponsorship change. I'm sure they'll be given the option to shoot whatever they like best and I'm sure most of them will choose the vanquish, I'd even bet that a few of them stick with their axes though.

Kee would be stupid to limit them to just the axe, that makes no sense from a business standpoint. They'd want them shooting (displaying) their newest product, It's a way of advertising.

Thank you. This has been my point.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#196 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

Isn't it also a way of advertising to keep the axe in the pro level?

#197 mr.satire

mr.satire

Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life fixing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Isn't it also a way of advertising to keep the axe in the pro level?

Not really the amount of popularity that the axe already has...makes it pointless, look on the BST by far the most popular marker that people are selling axes and it is also by far the most recommended.

The axe is established, KEE wants to market their new stuff since people dont know about it yet

#198 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

just got some details about the vanquish. sounds... interesting.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#199 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

This better not be made in Taiwan like the Axe is

Edited by bigx, 23 February 2013 - 05:06 PM.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#200 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

I'm seeing '09 Impulse. Kee does have the rights, don't they? Although it does have a strangely shaped body, almost 'Angelish' like.

im throwing it out now(i have absolutely no proff or word from anyone, just my own thought)
its either gonna be a Impulse or a Angel based gun
the frame looks like an older angel to me, so ima go with that

I think I just jizzed alittle.... another angel Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Or a combination of the Impulse and magno technology, that would be fantastic

I WOULD BUY IT NEW
109.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users