8 replies to this topic

#1 CavenaughW

CavenaughW

Ballin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:04 AM

Hey everyone! After a short break from the forums I'm back! (Even though most of you don't remember me)

I need some help on getting a smartphone with a battery life that will last all day. I have a LG Enlighten right now and I have to turn off my 3G when I'm not using the internet to get it to last.

I'm looking for a smartphone that I can leave my 3G/4G on all the time and the battery last till I go to bed. I know the IPhone would fit my needs but I despise Itunes... I would like to have an HTC but if I have to get an IPhone I will.

Give me some names of some phones and how they work for you! Thanks!

#2 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:08 AM

i have a motorola defy.... not sure if its made anymore, but its a "hardened" smart phone... water resistant, dust and shock resistant... great little phone.... my battery lasts a 2 full days of constant txting and phone calls, as well as playing angry birds...

i know a few people with samsung galaxy s3's and they love them... little larger for a phone, but i hear the battery life is good... and its better then an iphail
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#3 Zombie Afroshot

Zombie Afroshot

Vroom vroom.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:17 AM

If you've got Verizon, the Razr M is fantastic on battery life (I have one) and it has the same specs as the S3 with a smaller screen.

Though if you want to push a little more money, the Razr Maxx has great battery life too.
Posted Image
Feedback4/0/0

#4 CavenaughW

CavenaughW

Ballin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

Wow, the Razr M looks very promising! Thank you both for your input! I'm not in to much of a hurry so if anyone has a phone they like post it up!

#5 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

I'd get an iPhone. Might be more closed, but it's great reliability wise. Just find a iPhone 4 or 4s that's one of the later batches.

#6 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

The Razr M isn't a bad phone, but IMO it isn't great either. Very B- from moto for one big reason. qHD pentile display. Granted it is $99, but Samsung and HTC are putting beautiful screens on their phones, and LG is really stepping up their game. Motorola isn't known for their displays at all but on their best devices their displays are very good, and qHD is poor by even Moto's standards. I mean, take a look at the HTC one-x display, then look at a qHD.. it's astonishing how different they are. After using qHD pentile on phones before, it really is worth the money to get a phone with a aettery display.

Now, it depends on your network what phone you could get, so I'll throw a few situations out there

You're on Verizon, you need battery life and you need a phone now - Razr Maxx HD. Very good phone and has by far the best battery life of any smartphone, there's no argument. You'll get at a day and a half on one charge. Now, if you can live with a little less battery life I'd very seriously consider the Galaxy SIII. Amazing phone, you'll get a full days charge on 3g, couple hours less with 4g

You're on any other network and need a phone now - HTC One X or Galaxy SIII. If I could have any phone right now, I'd pick a One X. Simply a fantastic phone in every area. Imo, the best smartphoneon the market as of right now

If you can wait, wait until the nexus devices are unveiled at the end of the year. LG already showed us theirs, more will come.

Or you could get an iphone if you want a mediocre device that does mediocre tasks in a mediocre fashion. I don't really have much to say about iphones, if you've used one, you've used them all.

In the end, take our advice into consideration but go to a store and toy with each one. Usually your gut lets you know which one you like best fairly quickly

Edited by `kook, 23 October 2012 - 02:46 PM.

It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#7 CavenaughW

CavenaughW

Ballin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

The Razr M isn't a bad phone, but IMO it isn't great either. Very B- from moto for one big reason. qHD pentile display. Granted it is $99, but Samsung and HTC are putting beautiful screens on their phones, and LG is really stepping up their game. Motorola isn't known for their displays at all but on their best devices their displays are very good, and qHD is poor by even Moto's standards. I mean, take a look at the HTC one-x display, then look at a qHD.. it's astonishing how different they are. After using qHD pentile on phones before, it really is worth the money to get a phone with a aettery display.

Now, it depends on your network what phone you could get, so I'll throw a few situations out there

You're on Verizon, you need battery life and you need a phone now - Razr Maxx HD. Very good phone and has by far the best battery life of any smartphone, there's no argument. You'll get at a day and a half on one charge. Now, if you can live with a little less battery life I'd very seriously consider the Galaxy SIII. Amazing phone, you'll get a full days charge on 3g, couple hours less with 4g

You're on any other network and need a phone now - HTC One X or Galaxy SIII. If I could have any phone right now, I'd pick a One X. Simply a fantastic phone in every area. Imo, the best smartphoneon the market as of right now

If you can wait, wait until the nexus devices are unveiled at the end of the year. LG already showed us theirs, more will come.

Or you could get an iphone if you want a mediocre device that does mediocre tasks in a mediocre fashion. I don't really have much to say about iphones, if you've used one, you've used them all.

In the end, take our advice into consideration but go to a store and toy with each one. Usually your gut lets you know which one you like best fairly quickly

Thanks for the great advise. I will be checking up on all the phones you mentioned

#8 alinS

alinS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:26 AM

I will recommend Nokia E6 ( Because of its touchscreen plus qwerty keyboard, Its 8MPix and battery life though its OS is pretty down).

#9 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

My s3 has 80% left after 1 1/2 days on standby. It's enough to last a day of heavy use.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users