15 replies to this topic

#1 mustangs

mustangs

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

So my costume idea is a blind ref. I have a referee shirt, a walking stick, a yellow rag, ref hat, and blind man glasses which suck so I'll just use regular sunglasses. I'm thinking I should go to a screening shop and get at least either on the front or the back of the shirt "Replacement Referee". I was going to get that and "It was my fault the Seahawks beat the Packers" or something like that. I was told I shouldn't even get the writing on the shirt at all since what I have will click in everyone's head at the bar easy enough. I still think I should get "Replacement Referee" either on the front or the back. What you guys think? Might enter the contest at the bar so $1,000 are at state if I can win or not lol

#2 Blue fellow

Blue fellow

'scuse me while I kiss the sky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

That's a pretty cool idea, the bar most likely has a lot of sports related people that would like it too
"We are made of emotions, we are all looking for emotions, it's only a question of finding the way to experience them." - Ayrton Senna

[Govinda] i dont think ive ever been sigged

#3 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,932 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

I think the Replacement Referee part will be good enough, but probably unnecessary. Besides, not putting it on there will help keep costs down.

#4 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

The crazy part is this is the EXACT same thing as I am going to for Halloween to a local party, because its cheap and easy and I don't have to sweat buying anything for it except an all black hat. I am using one of my yellow microfibers for my flag though xD.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#5 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

The guy said he would charge $30 for for the front and back print. Kinda already spent like $50-$60 on the costume already :/ so it would seem why all that just for one day.....hmmm does it seem like it would click? Like if you saw a blind ref would you think of the replacement refs?

#6 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

The crazy part is this is the EXACT same thing as I am going to for Halloween to a local party, because its cheap and easy and I don't have to sweat buying anything for it except an all black hat. I am using one of my yellow microfibers for my flag though xD.

That's pretty funny lol are you going as a blind ref or strictly replacement? Cuz you can buy the blind ref costume at a store or can create one if you have a walking stick

#7 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

Just make sure that when you see a guy trying to hit on a girl, or get close to a girl, or anything like that, blow your whistle and toss a penalty flag. :lol:

#8 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

Just make sure that when you see a guy trying to hit on a girl, or get close to a girl, or anything like that, blow your whistle and toss a penalty flag. :lol:

Win
/thread

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#9 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Win
/thread

That's the point and the fun part haha I'm going to be calling flags on some dumb shit. "Flag! 15 yard penalty for being too rough with the girl, now take a shot" "flag on this chick for being too hot, penalty is you let me buy you a drink" "flag on the zombie for being not dead, 10 yard penalty"

Than if I get a reaction I just say idk man I'm a replacement referee I have no idea what I'm doing

#10 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

I'm not really impressed, and this will probably be the most overused costume idea this season. I mean the blind part is a slightly different twist, but blind people would probably get offended since even they would have been able to make that interception call properly.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#11 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

I'm not really impressed, and this will probably be the most overused costume idea this season. I mean the blind part is a slightly different twist, but blind people would probably get offended since even they would have been able to make that interception call properly.

Yea that's the joke. That the nfl might have as well hired blind replacement referees since they wouldn't have done any better since the replacement refs were horrible. Or I can say I was the ref at the Seahawks and packers but I'm faking to be blind since its my only excuse that gets people off my back

#12 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

I think you missed my point. Your costume idea is not that original, and while it may be a big hit if you're the only one who does it, its just as likely that you'll show up dressed similarly to 5 or 6 other people. If you like it have a blast, but I doubt its original enough to win the competition.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#13 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

I think you missed my point. Your costume idea is not that original, and while it may be a big hit if you're the only one who does it, its just as likely that you'll show up dressed similarly to 5 or 6 other people. If you like it have a blast, but I doubt its original enough to win the competition.

Well I'll have to wait and see. I'm hoping I'm the only one where I'm going specifically. I could care less if its anywhere else an I don't know about it

#14 Blue fellow

Blue fellow

'scuse me while I kiss the sky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

don't worry the blind people don't have to see it Posted Image
"We are made of emotions, we are all looking for emotions, it's only a question of finding the way to experience them." - Ayrton Senna

[Govinda] i dont think ive ever been sigged

#15 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

I'm going as a paintball player (minus marker lol) this year.

Posted Image

#16 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

I disagree on the referee being over done, I think Psy (Gangnam Style) will be done way more than a blind ref.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users