5 replies to this topic

#1 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

just sitting back watching some old videos today and saw someone using a pulse. i totally forgot about these loaders until i saw that video. were they kind of uncommon? once they stopped making them i never saw them hit the BST like a halo or anyother older super loader. so did any of you have one or better yet, still have one?

Posted Image
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#2 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

they were a good but flawed loader.... the material was super strong, except for the feedneck.... they were known for cracking and just falling off the top of your gun... i believe Spurlock (the man behind the Vapor) was sued by the owners of the Halo patent for copying some of their ideas... could be wrong though, but i believe thats why the pulse was pulled form production
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#3 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

i had heard about some leagal issues but never heard any of the details
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#4 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

They stopped production because it used Halo technology, I have a pulse sitting in my bag right now that I use every time I play, unless I need my pinokio's stuper long nose cone, I've never had any of the breaking issues but they are prone to the feedneck snapping off in the midst of a bad dive.

Great loader though

I will fucking cut you AceComets, I will cut you like....paper with......scissors?

Ace's Feedback Ace's Mod App

#5 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

Nps owned the Odessey patents and took draxxus to court. They were able to get a order for draxxus to cease sales of the loaders and parts in the US. Thus the remaining loaders were sold off in Canada.

The pulse was great for it's time. Easy to clean (suicide shells were the only other case that could be disassembled.) The removable motor tray is a draxxus patent. The weak part was the battery door and it's weight. Today it's too heavy to be a super loader. I own two and have them rf'd to two markers. I still use them.

#6 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

Back in the day its all I used with my shocker. Wow. I would love to go back for a day and play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users