21 replies to this topic

#1 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

Well you guys must've seen me act all high and mighty with my cool-kid Orange MacDev Drone DX and say how awesome it is to own it. My older brother decided that since he's done with college, he has more time to play paintball, and decided to take back his Drone DX. Thank god he didn't take back all my, *ehem* his, air tanks, and left me with two 48/4500 and 68/4500. Now I want a good <$300 paintball gun. But heres a challenge for you Techpbers:

Don't recommend the GoG eXTCY or the GoG eNVY, because I already have an Ion thats my main marker, and it's similar enough to the eXTCY. It has a blackheart board, good reg, good feedneck, bolt out back frame, clamping feedneck, etc etc. If I get the eXTCY, I'm confident that I'll feel that I bought the same gun I already had. Though I can't use it right away as I have a friend fixing up the QEV, but he knows what he's doing.
Don't recommend used. I'm tired getting hand-me-downs. Thats practically all my gear, save for the mask and hopper. First gun, the JT Tac-5m Recon, was a local store-owners gun given to me for free to get me started with paintball since he knows my dad. The Ion, a gun given to me cause I made my friends dad a custom shirt with his company logo on it.
The pump, please, that's a 15 dollar gun given to me by a friend as a joke.

Notice how I said 'good paintball gun'. I never said the best. I know what the best ones are; used high-ends/midrange guns, GoG eXTCY, etc. I want a gun that is new, cause I've never had that new feel. Opening the box, looking inside, looking at the new instruction manual that isn't a paper folded up and written on, warranty card, and from a company that actually exists; nope, none of that for me yet.

Now I was thinking about a gun like the Azodin Zenith, or Kaos-D.
Any other recommendations? Try to give multiple, so I can do my own research, cause it is after all my gun.
Bonus kudos to anyone who can recommend a gun in their list that comes in Orange.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 25 October 2012 - 11:03 PM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#2 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:17 AM

get a used G6r, then go to walmart and get a JT raptor. You get an amazing gun and get to unbox a new one. Problem solved.

Thats my suggestion,

Second best would be the etha, as it has a ton of shit for you to unbox,decent gun, low price.

Edited by 510waffles, 26 October 2012 - 12:20 AM.

#3 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:30 AM

Ooh the Etha seems good. But..that pump that I said I got, is a JT Raptor. Plus, they stopped selling those at my Walmarts.

#4 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

honestly sounds like you want to unbox something than anything lol

#5 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:51 AM

Thats like...a good half of it. But I also need a new gun badly.
How about the Mokal Aura? Or that Proton? I know packaging is meh and I can hardly tinker it, but is it an ok marker?

Edited by Orange Chicken, 26 October 2012 - 01:52 AM.

#6 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

Thats like...a good half of it. But I also need a new gun badly.
How about the Mokal Aura? Or that Proton? I know packaging is meh and I can hardly tinker it, but is it an ok marker?

Its axe clone, its a good try, but not as good of a platform compared to the axe.if youre going to pay that much, you might as well axe it.

#7 Redbull_power

Redbull_power

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

G4 or invert mini or maybe etha

#8 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

I really think that you would like the Proto Rail. It is a great little gun that is comfortable in the hands, and it shoots great. I love the thing and it doesn't disappoint.

#9 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:29 AM

Yeah the pmr seems awesome for that price, and on ANSgear it comes with an Ironmen Jersey. It also comes in orange, thank god.

#10 COOP850R

COOP850R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

My opinion is buy something new. I have a DM5 I got used and I have had alot of problems with it. My main marker is an Azodin Blitz with a TechT bolt and its is hard to beat for the money [$200 with the bolt]. Go to your local field and hold some guns and see how they feel in your hands. Dye UL frames are the best feeling frames in my opinion but they dont fit everyone. Opinions are great but make sure you are happy with what you buy. just because a marker is not what everyone buys like a Mokal or an Azodin doesnt mean it is a crap gun. My main point is make the decision that makes you the most happy. ;)

#11 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

For around 300 dollars thats not the extcy, I say mini then rail. I bought a G4 and had problems with it. That being said, I'd buy one again if i had the chance especially now that i know how to change fittings and maintain a marker better lol. I'd probably still have it if it didn't get stolen, I liked it alot. The G4 had personality.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#12 dmullpaintball

dmullpaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

How about a g4? Their price dropped down to $280 in ansgear.com yesterday.Wonderful gun and their packaging is great!

#13 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

PMR is amazing, super smooth, fast enough for any tournament, stock barrel not too bad. and a clamping feedneck that grips like its life depends on it to my various Halo's.

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#14 Kirko017

Kirko017

Say no to drugs!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Proto Rail for $250 or Etha for $350

Kent State University Paintball Club
The University of Akron Paintball Club

Eminence

#15 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

to the OP I know the feeling lol. The only new gun I've ever owned was my spyder, and even though now that it's upgraded to hell it shoots great, still would never compare to unboxing a brand new highend.
The mini is a vastly unrated gun, the shot quality is superb and the thing is stupid easy to use and maintain. Plus ANS and Zeyphr sell them in thousands of colors. (INCLUDING ORANGE! :D ) People complain about the trigger, but I think they're just nit picking, it's only $300.
If I were to buy a brand new gun I would certanley give the mini heavy consideration.

I wish I could buy a new gun like that, the only issue is the savings from buying a used marker are so good that I cannot justify going for something new. Certain really good markers get pushed to the wayside as crap and get incredibly low resale. That gives us smart buyers a really cheap gun with great performance.

lol I like my guns orange too

Edited by junits15, 25 February 2013 - 07:33 PM.

Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#16 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

Bro, necropost. Since this, I have obtained a gog enmey and a gog extcy, which is just a nice update of my current markers. My tournament gear is in white, but my recball stuff is orange. I have yet to find an orange gun worth buying though. And minis underrated? Please, at the fields in Arizona, once tou have a mini, you become part of the rest of the players whom others assume are "pro". Think of it as guys with egos. If you have a mini, you're amazing. If you have an axe or ego or dm, your a rich kid or a p. Guy who competes in the pro division. Thats the mindset off the players down here. Kinda silly, but ill accept it.

#17 NeyugN

NeyugN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

Bro, necropost. Since this, I have obtained a gog enmey and a gog extcy, which is just a nice update of my current markers. My tournament gear is in white, but my recball stuff is orange. I have yet to find an orange gun worth buying though. And minis underrated? Please, at the fields in Arizona, once tou have a mini, you become part of the rest of the players whom others assume are "pro". Think of it as guys with egos. If you have a mini, you're amazing. If you have an axe or ego or dm, your a rich kid or a p. Guy who competes in the pro division. Thats the mindset off the players down here. Kinda silly, but ill accept it.

So who at DP thinks they're pro?? I'm a little curious.

#18 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

No, but Phoenix Contact showed up who are technically pro. Just everyone who sees someone with a mini thinks that they're so pro.

#19 QuickLime

QuickLime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

If not a Mini, my G5 shoots great and I have had no issues with it so far after putting through probably 5 cases of paint. A PMR would work but they're inefficient and very fussy. G4s are good and only $280 on ANS, along with an Etha being a good choice and possibly a Proton/Mokal.

Posted Image

Feedback!1/0/0

#20 CobaltPaintballer

CobaltPaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

I'd really reccomend going away from the G4 and leaning towards a Proto or a Mini. My G4 has crazy problems and I really, really regret its purchase.
DM12 (Blue and Orange)
Invert Too loader
Empire 50/45

Cyan Star Framed Etek 1 F/S/T

#21 PaintBa11Kid

PaintBa11Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

G4 or a Rail. I love my G4 leaks a little, but it is good.Rail is loud though so I would go with G4.

#22 GOG G-1

GOG G-1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

I really think that you would like the Proto Rail. It is a great little gun that is comfortable in the hands, and it shoots great. I love the thing and it doesn't disappoint.

i agree the rail is a good gun and i am a fan of proto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users