• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Adicarg

Adicarg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

I'm thinking on getting a new gun, i don't play that much. But i want a gun that can handle Tournys or just the tipical weekend day. And that i won't regret to keep it just sitting on its bag in an "off" season.

#2 theassm

theassm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

etek4 is sooo freaken loud...etha

#3 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:29 AM

From a practical standpoint, skip all three and get an eXTCy. It can handle tournament play and do pretty much everything else the others you mentioned can, and it is cheaper so it won't be such a waste when it's sitting for long periods on end. All three of the markers you mentioned will depreciate in value very fast in comparison.

If you don't like that idea, here are the main things to consider...
The Etek is simple, the Reflex is comfortable to hold/play with, the Etha has the most attractive price.

Feedback

JT Replacement Foam - http://tinyurl.com/kwscalp

#4 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

The etek Is probably the gun for you. It just always works. It just does. I wouldn't feel guilty sticking one in the closet for 4-6 months, Because I know I can pull it out and it will work. Is it loud? Yeah. Can you tune it? Yeah. Will it help much? No. Is it simple and reliable as all hell? Yee

Edited by asthmaticrhino, 24 November 2012 - 10:50 PM.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#5 AT3256

AT3256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

Whichever one you like, they're all solid markers. (assuming the Reflex13 doesn't have some horrific issues come from nowhere and performs similar to the 12)

#6 Paintball48

Paintball48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

drone dx bro

#7 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

2012 Reflex with Rotor for 550

#8 Adicarg

Adicarg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Right now i have an extcy with a rotor and a 48/4500 guerrilla love it, but still kinda want something else.

#9 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

Right now i have an extcy with a rotor and a 48/4500 guerrilla love it, but still kinda want something else.

Used vice

#10 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

Is the Etek in comparison as loud as a 98c?

Ohio Raiders 

#11 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Yes.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#12 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

You are not going to get much more out of an Etek (besides efficiency here) or Reflex compared to an XTC. I would save up for a used supergun (Bob Long, high end Dye/PE) as your next best option.

#13 jsg_nado

jsg_nado

I'm a bird motha f**ka I'm a bird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

Keep the extcy! It's a great gun. If you really want something different and are willing to spend a little, get an axe or a dm9.
GoGo 13 Proudly Sponsored by PaintballGateway, KM, AlmostFamous, APX, Thump Barrels and Camp Pendleton Paintball
Marq7 For Sale
01010000 01100001 01101001 01101110 01110100 01100010 01100001 01101100 01101100 Not a programmer? Oh. Never mind.

#14 AT3256

AT3256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:54 AM

They're a bit louder actually. The Jackhammer analogy isn't that far off.

#15 EMPIRE EMPEROR

EMPIRE EMPEROR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

I would save up for a Drone DX, the eXTCy will be a great back up marker. You should have a high-end mask and pod pack though before you upgrade the marker.

I recommend a E-flex mask and Critical pack if you don't already have one. :tup:

#16 TheBossManLtDan

TheBossManLtDan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

The reflex is the best choice between these. Super great trigger, SUPER great ergos. Really smooth and relatively quiet. Has a good and easy board too. And I personally like the feed necks. The only reason I'd get an etek is for the packaging, customer service, or reliability. But don't get me wrong, the reflex is very reliable, but nothing beats stacked tube in that category

#17 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

The reflex is the best choice between these. Super great trigger, SUPER great ergos. Really smooth and relatively quiet. Has a good and easy board too. And I personally like the feed necks. The only reason I'd get an etek is for the packaging, customer service, or reliability. But don't get me wrong, the reflex is very reliable, but nothing beats stacked tube in that category

Yes,yes,yes. But I think you should get a 2012 reflex rail over the 2013 because nothing has really changed except for the milling which I think is uglier.

Ohio Raiders 

#18 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Eteks are kind of weird ,

I have played with one guy who sounded like he was shooting a musket and I have played with one guy who made my Rail sound like a poppit i think it just depends on how broken in it is and what ups are in it...

Posted Image

#19 Adicarg

Adicarg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

I'm gonna save for a Dm instead, mean while im gonna renew my gear. Thanks for all the help.

#20 Paintballingdrummer

Paintballingdrummer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

I honestly think my .22 is quieter then my etek sometimes. I think the etek is the loudest gun on the market.

#21 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Spiders are way louder than any etek had time to be
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#22 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

No, its not as loud as a 98c, but it is very loud. I can always tell when my friend is shooting, it has a very sharp crack sound.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#23 BlackoutChristian

BlackoutChristian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

The etek would be a great choice the reflex trigger is pretty bad the Etha is a pretty good gun but the etek is worth the extra 100-150$

#24 TheBossManLtDan

TheBossManLtDan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

The etek would be a great choice the reflex trigger is pretty bad the Etha is a pretty good gun but the etek is worth the extra 100-150$

You think that the 2013 reflex trigger is...bad?

#25 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

I can only share with you my experience with the Etha. So here's my review.

I love the Etha. It's my first marker and it feels reliable as hell while being backed by a great company. However, if you're looking for something smooth then you would probably want to stay away from this one. You do get some vibration and pinging noise from the spring (tends to fade when broken in I notice) as people state which are things that I can live with. So why do I love my Etha so much?

Packaging:
- Comes with a nice set of allen keys, huge parts kit, lube, 14.5" Shaft 4 barrel, very detailed manual, great quality barrel sock, and a nice sturdy case.

Reliability:
- It's a very durable marker built to the same standard as the Ego, Geo, or Etek platforms but at a more affordable price. It was designed to be able to take some hits, be waterproof, and perform even during cold or hot temperatures. Check out the video below.

Efficiency:
- Better than your traditional spool... Some say this is more of a poppet marker even. Flame shield activate!

Bolt:
- Simple design, easy maintenance with a rubber bolt tip. You can remove it easily with or without an allen key. This marker was designed to perform as a tournament level entry marker so it can handle the brittlest of paint without a problem. I shot GI Sportz 4 Stars (not fresh... it was oily and had dimples) with the Etha without a problem. I have also used Empire's RPS Evil with the marker and it didn't skip a beat.

Board:
- Super bright LED light which means you can easily adjust any setting even on the sunniest day. The board is super easy to use and on the back of the grip there is a mini-manual in case you forget which color is which setting.

Ergonomics:

- I love how it only uses 1 screw meaning faster access to batteries, tourney lock, etc... It feels durable and comfortable at the same time as opposed to other grips that I feel is too much rubber and can wear out faster.
- The asa is simple and a breeze to use. I love how the macroline does not protrude from the side but direct onto the asa.
- The trigger I would say is best in class for it's price range. 3 point adjustable and comfortable on your finger.
- Easy access to eyes and detents.
- It has the same amazing regulator used by Eclipse's Geos and Egos.
- Lever-lock clamping feedneck
- Composite parts... While some people don't like it they cannot deny that composite is simply more durable and cheaper to make. It's even used on real modern weapons!

Modular:
- Last but not least you can add an "EMC Rail Kit" to the Etha which is an optional attachment that you can add to the marker to make it look more tacticool. Therefore, you will be able to make your Etha adapt into a woodsball or speedball environment without changing guns. It's AWESOME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbamYhclsUAhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UlaNgnfH6U

Edited by crPaliza, 26 November 2012 - 08:16 PM.

#26 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

get the Drone.... D......X.....

great gun
great value

#27 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

I have personally used a 2012 reflex shock isn't differ at all compared to the 2013 model. It's soooo quite, smooth, and feels amazing in the hands. The trigger is nice and is farely simple to operate. That's the gun I would be shooting for if I was you.

Ohio Raiders 

#28 BlackoutChristian

BlackoutChristian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

The 2012 trigger is really stiff even with it loosened and I never felt the 2013 but I plan on to do so

no.

#29 gocubsgo7184

gocubsgo7184

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Etek 4 is loud and a lot of kick. Etha is nice for the price but i do think the reflex would be a better option. Actually, if i were you i would get a 2011 or 2012 reflex. The price for those are going to be dirt cheap and essentially they are the same gun. The 2011 has the same internals as the other ones, 2012 all they changed was the ASA and trigger (you can buy the blade trigger for like $30 and put it on the 2011), and 2013 they changed the milling and made new colors. All the 2011 2012 and 2013 will shoot incredibly similar and incredibly smooth. Overall though I think a reflex would be a better choice but i would save money and get an older one

*has a lot of kick

always notice my errors after I post.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users