• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 majikman4321

majikman4321

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:07 AM

:excl: Can any one tell me if the gemtech thread-on-silencer is any good.......or if it does anything at all? I can't find a good description of it anywhere. It looks really nice and its made for my barrel so I would really like to buy it........but if it does not do anything then I don't want to wast $40 on it. :excl:

:rolleyes: P.S. if you want to find it, its on RAP4.COM :rolleyes:

#2 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

Unofficial Official Ranter.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:28 AM

First, Welcome to techpb.com! hopefully you will stay and contribute something back to the forums!

Second, the silencer, is going to be junk, thus do not buy it!

Third, Silencers, even for paintball, are illegal without a license to OWN a silencer, much less USE one, that will ring you up about a good 300 dollars, anywhere.

And that silencer probably only makes you marker "look" better, not preform, whatever marker you have, it is not loud, it is only loud when you less then a foot away from your marker, but the guy that is about 5 feet away, will never here it over his marker, people yelling, and probably his own breath...

Just skip it! its not worth the hassle or money.

#3 csskiller

csskiller

R.I.P. Borg!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:30 AM

Any kind of paintball silencer will do NOTHING. They're asthetic pieces for the reason listed above.

There are some out there that are kinda sketchy and do actually quiet a paintball gun down but I can' find them any more.

My Feedback
RIP BORG, you will be dearly missed in the paintball world for all you have done for us.

#4 Weigel21

Weigel21

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:37 AM

If you truly want a functional paintball marker Suppressor then look at the link.

http://www.paintball.bwalter.net/

#5 fromint

fromint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:31 PM

The guy at my local pro shop has a trilogy pump with a suppressor he bought in '95ish, when it was legal to buy. He shot a few balls in the back of the store for us and it was very quiet. If he snuck up on me in woodsball and shot at me, I wouldn't know till I was hit.

#6 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:41 PM

:excl: Can any one tell me if the gemtech thread-on-silencer is any good.......or if it does anything at all? I can't find a good description of it anywhere. It looks really nice and its made for my barrel so I would really like to buy it........but if it does not do anything then I don't want to wast $40 on it. :excl:

:rolleyes: P.S. if you want to find it, its on RAP4.COM :rolleyes:

It depends what you mean by "do anything". While you might not be able to hear a difference, the mock suppressor might actually make such a small difference that it could be considered a real suppressor, which technically could land you into big trouble.

The problem with interpreting the "rules" is that the ATF basically can do whatever the hell they want. At one point, they formally declared a regulation in such a way in that a "piece of string tied to a rubber band" was considered a machine gun. Meaning, you could technically get in as much trouble as if you were found possessing an AK-47. Those were the technical rules at one point, although they were later revised. Rather than make reasonable regulations, they just make sweeping overgeneralized rules that could never be enforced, but let them tag who they want to tag. If you are convicted of a more serious crime, it will also allow them to peg you with as many penalties as possible.

Edited by Christopher, 24 March 2009 - 05:42 PM.

#7 Camo

Camo

You cant see me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:08 PM

all the people ^^^ summed it up very well
Yes I eat paintballs.... What?

Got to love life

#8 Darce64

Darce64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:25 PM

if its real its illeagal so its just looks but you could buy a beter barrel that might help
<a href="http://pbgoods.com/i...?id=11021">Free Paintball Gear </a>

#9 i use a mini!

i use a mini!

eater of sammiches

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:06 PM

silencers are illegal by ATF standards. the only way u can use a silencwer on ANYTHING is if u get a permit for it

#10 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:10 PM

silencers are illegal by ATF standards. the only way u can use a silencwer on ANYTHING is if u get a permit for it

Everything is illegal by ATF standards.

#11 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

There's no kill like overkill.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:20 PM

What is ATF?
In Canada we have the BATF: Bureau of Alcohol, Tabaco and Firearms

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

100% of the cake is a lie, if you're one of the 15% that just accidentally a whole coca-cola bottle, put this in your sig.

I could do a triple backflip, shoot out all of vendetta, and then proceed to fuck Megan Fox in the middle of the field and walk off and people would still call me "That Guy".

#12 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:31 PM

What is ATF?

Here we have the Bureau of Alchohol, Tabaco, Firearms, and Explosives. Or ATF.

Edited by Christopher, 28 March 2009 - 08:33 PM.

#13 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:36 PM

What is ATF?

Are you in the US? Why are the ''B'' and ''E'' left out?
Hey why did you remove that link?

Edited by U83R 1337, 28 March 2009 - 08:37 PM.

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

100% of the cake is a lie, if you're one of the 15% that just accidentally a whole coca-cola bottle, put this in your sig.

I could do a triple backflip, shoot out all of vendetta, and then proceed to fuck Megan Fox in the middle of the field and walk off and people would still call me "That Guy".

#14 Christopher

Christopher

Ignore Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

What is ATF?

I don't know why the B and E are left out. That's even how their website abbreviates it.

Link removed because they're watching me...

:blink:

#15 U83R 1337

U83R 1337

• Banned
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:47 PM

0o
o0
creepy
But why did you actually remove it? It was just a story about S.W.A.T. raiding a bus full of guys with paintball markers in the storage compartment and lawsuits for damaga and injuries etc...

Edited by U83R 1337, 28 March 2009 - 08:47 PM.

Posted Image
Canadian Baller 

Metalhead

#16 lavalettenj

lavalettenj

Super Elite Senior Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:45 AM

What is ATF?

I don't know why the B and E are left out. That's even how their website abbreviates it.

Link removed because they're watching me...

:blink:

Think about it. Who wants to say B-A-T-F-E? It is just way easier to say A-T-F. Just like how people say "don't" instead of "do not".

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users