crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

The TECHT MRT(MASS REDUCTION TECHNOLOGY) Etha Bolt has been engineered to maximize efficiency, and consistency. By reducing the weight of the bolt by over 58% we were able to obtain a much smoother cycle. We were also able to gain another 20-25 fps. The TECHT Etha MRT Bolt utilizes the stock Etha Bolt rubber tip (not included). As with all of our products it carries a Full Lifetime Warranty.

The TECHT MRT Etha Bolt utilizes a slightly softer spring which was made specifically for it's overall weight. We saw increases of 20-25 FPS gain when changing out the stock bolt for the MRT Bolt. Our increase in efficiency is due to the combination of the lighter overall weight and softer spring. The sound signature is also greatly reduced when adding the MRT Bolt due to the lower operating pressure and internal air distribution.

The Planet Eclipse Etha is a great shooting gun right out of the box for tournament players and scenario players as well. The TECHT MRT Bolt for the Etha makes a great shooting gun even better by making it more efficient, smoother, and quieter. The MRT Bolt for the Etha makes a great Gun Better!

#2 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

Awesome, I just picked up an Etha last week. Shoots fantastic already but maybe this will get rid of the vibration, which actually isn't as bad as people seem to think.
FEEDBACK +10

"Inspiration, by it's definition, comes very quickly." - Jack Wood

#3 picaboo8

picaboo8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Finally something aftermarket made just for the etha by someone else than PE. I will be getting this even if it doesn't do what it says o.O

EDIT: o wait...it costs $55...I'll wait for some videos on youtube to see if it's worth it.

Edited by picaboo8, 28 October 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#4 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

If anyone has this yet please post up a video or give us an opinion :)
FEEDBACK +10

#5 AT3256

AT3256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

It has purple on it. It must be better.

#6 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,883 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#7 recklessbob

recklessbob

Welts Don't Wipe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

sounds like wayne brady is gonna have to choke a bitch.

AXE F/S/T: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217311
68/4500-
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=215637

#8 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

One interesting thing I find about this is that the companies that make these aftermarket kits never speak to the designer. Does anyone here really think that Jack Wood never even considered putting a lighter bolt in? so accepting that he probably did, why did he decide to go with the heavier one? What was the reason?

Once you know WHY they chose the heavier one, you're in a better position to decide if you want to put a lighter one in or not.

Posted Image

My Moderator Application: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=196721

#9 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,883 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

But then what about all those times that companies revise the products later on? Let's look at the Ego. Since it came out, it's been running the "standard" ego bolts, but now they have the DART kit. Different weight, different valve, supposed to make the gun better. Why didn't they just use that first?

Fear is the mind-killer

#10 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

Andrew, that's reductio ad absurdum.

I'm not saying that improvements can't be made. If that were true, we'd all be still using 12grams and pumping.

What I'm saying is that these new products are put out without consultation with the original designer to find their motives. The DART kit was made by the people who designed the ego, and two years after its release. It's undergone significant testing and measurement before it is released. The Etha has been out 1 year. And this was made without the consultation of the designer.

Posted Image

#11 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

Andrew, that's reductio ad absurdum.

I'm not saying that improvements can't be made. If that were true, we'd all be still using 12grams and pumping.

What I'm saying is that these new products are put out without consultation with the original designer to find their motives. The DART kit was made by the people who designed the ego, and two years after its release. It's undergone significant testing and measurement before it is released. The Etha has been out 1 year. And this was made without the consultation of the designer.

You don't know that..

#12 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,883 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

There is always room for improvement, and to imply that the original designer is the only one who knows what's going on doesn't seem quite right. Anyone can make improvements on a design, whether they talked to the guy or not.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 30 October 2012 - 01:27 PM.

Fear is the mind-killer

#13 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

I'm not implying that the designer is the only one who knows anything, now you're making assumptions. I'm speaking very literally. The original designer (in this case eclipse) has spent more time with the marker than any after-market company (I think the testing period on the Etha was around 3 years, don't quote me though) and have made some very deliberate decisions. As I said, finding out WHY those decisions were made will greatly inform your decision. I wish Jack or Nicky would come into these forums. Then we'd actually know why they chose the heavier bolt.

Posted Image

#14 Robot85

Robot85

Paper has no corners

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

Wait a second...

... so this won't make it more accurate?

Posted Image

Robot.png
Canadian Ballers Club V3 - Gewn Owners Club V4

CQB Paintball                                                                        
Speedsim Media

#15 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

I'm not implying that the designer is the only one who knows anything, now you're making assumptions. I'm speaking very literally. The original designer (in this case eclipse) has spent more time with the marker than any after-market company (I think the testing period on the Etha was around 3 years, don't quote me though) and have made some very deliberate decisions. As I said, finding out WHY those decisions were made will greatly inform your decision. I wish Jack or Nicky would come into these forums. Then we'd actually know why they chose the heavier bolt.

you know sometimes designers do things the way they are because its cheap and not because it would make more sense.

Less R&D means more money towards recovering cost, less overhead in development and production.

I don't understand why do u care so much lol

Edited by Razgriz183, 30 October 2012 - 04:27 PM.

my feedback :) 16/0/0
www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

www.santaclarapaintball.com

#16 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

Maybe the material used for the stock bolt was cheaper, but they still found that it worked. In a $400 marker, they aren't going to put the best of the best materials into it, even if it is a reputable company like Eclipse. Hence the composite parts. Although they're still strong, it's still cheaper than aluminum. There will always be room for improvement.
FEEDBACK +10

#17 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#18 elementpb

elementpb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

Maybe the material used for the stock bolt was cheaper, but they still found that it worked. In a $400 marker, they aren't going to put the best of the best materials into it, even if it is a reputable company like Eclipse. Hence the composite parts. Although they're still strong, it's still cheaper than aluminum. There will always be room for improvement.

Nope.
The stock bolt is titanium. It was used because its the right weight. The cost to make a bolt out of titanium is somewhere around 6-10 times as much as aluminum. Its more expensive raw material that is MUCH harder to machine.

I've been testing bolts for about 6 months now and have yet to find a better solution than the stock bolt.
I've got various bolt designs I've made with different materials (aluminum, brass, steel, etc) with weights from 20 grams up to 40 grams.

Currently my most successful design is an aluminum bolt with a brass core. the brass makes it slide like warm butter, but the trade off is a reduction in how well the antichop works.
Unless TechT has done something I just can't wrap my head around, a light etha bolt = more chops due to greater bolt speed.

#19 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,883 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

Isn't the whole point of eyes to keep the bolt from cycling if there isn't a paintball in the breech (as in, to keep it from chopping)? If you're chopping with eyes, then you have other issues to worry about.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 31 October 2012 - 12:56 AM.

Fear is the mind-killer

#20 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:19 AM

Maybe this will make the Etha worth buying...

:dodgy:

Posted Image

#21 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

Nope.
The stock bolt is titanium. It was used because its the right weight. The cost to make a bolt out of titanium is somewhere around 6-10 times as much as aluminum. Its more expensive raw material that is MUCH harder to machine.

I've been testing bolts for about 6 months now and have yet to find a better solution than the stock bolt.
I've got various bolt designs I've made with different materials (aluminum, brass, steel, etc) with weights from 20 grams up to 40 grams.

Currently my most successful design is an aluminum bolt with a brass core. the brass makes it slide like warm butter, but the trade off is a reduction in how well the antichop works.
Unless TechT has done something I just can't wrap my head around, a light etha bolt = more chops due to greater bolt speed.

Have you also used a different spring? The Techt bolt comes with a spring designed for this bolt. And Andrew's right, if you're running with your eyes on, chopping shouln't be an issue.
FEEDBACK +10

#22 Karnokr

Karnokr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:27 AM

Nope.

I was dumbfounded by you saying the stock bolt is titanium. I assumed it was stainless. However after doing some research, that appears to be a believable statement once you compare the weights of the 3 metals. A stainless bolt would weigh approximately 45 grams by my rough calculations. Sound about right?

In regards to the whole 'chopping' thing. I would have to think 'chopping' is not actually what's happening but more of the high bolt speed deforming and demolishing the paintball, essentially a breach break. In theory, wouldn't you need to offset the lighter bolt with a heavier spring to keep the bolt speed down? But then would the bolt guide pressure be enough to overcome the spring force? Or, maybe make the bolt guide a different length changing the bolt activation characteristics. Who knows, it's 4:30 AM and I'm tired as shit. As pretty much no one but PE, TechT and you it seems (I was following your thread over on the other forum) have done any Etha bolt research, it will be interesting to see how this bolt ends up working.

Edited by Karnokr, 31 October 2012 - 03:29 AM.

Hand of Fate Scenario Paintball Team

http://www.facebook....s/HOFpaintball/

#23 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Just got my bolt the other day, I'll test it once I get some paint and a chrono.
FEEDBACK +10

#24 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

For anyone interested, the MRT bolt for the Etha is pretty nice. No more vibration, shoots pretty smooth, and definitely quieter. I let my cousin use it and he was shooting from about 15 feet behind me and it just sounded like puffs of air. Can pretty much guarantee the other side of the field could barely hear it, if at all.
FEEDBACK +10

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users