Photo

Is the v3 rotor worth the money, or should i buy the old one for 150 at ansgear?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Is the v3 rotor worth the money, or should i buy the old one for 150 at ansgear? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

which is better?

1. Voted Dye rotor v2 (4 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

2. Voted Dye rotor v3 (7 votes [41.18%])

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

3. Voted empire prophecy z2 (6 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 locopato1234

locopato1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Is the dye rotor v3 worth the extra 50 besides the cool colors haha! Just curious how bout the prophecy? Im mainly looking at the rotor and cant tell if the added cost of the v3 is worth it? thanks!

#2 locopato1234

locopato1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

no unless u are a dye fanboy but the v2 and the v3 are the same rotors

Haha im not a fanboy!

#3 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

V2 or V3 are the same exact thing besides that the V3 has the "sharkfin" which does a whole lot of nothing.

The Z2 in my opinion is a munch better loader, automatic anti-jam and lower profile. My only complaint is taking it apart and not all the pieces feel like they're solid.

Overall, The Z2 or even a Spire.

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#4 locopato1234

locopato1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

V2 or V3 are the same exact thing besides that the V3 has the "sharkfin" which does a whole lot of nothing.

The Z2 in my opinion is a munch better loader, automatic anti-jam and lower profile. My only complaint is taking it apart and not all the pieces feel like they're solid.

Overall, The Z2 or even a Spire.

thanks for the info! Durability is a big deal for me, i want every piece to last as long as possible so im still leaning to the rotor! (also i think a rotor will look awesome on my infamous timmy)

#5 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

just get the cheaper one

#6 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

The Prophecy is not flimsy, I've been using the V2 Prophecy since it came out, and if you do have an issue, KEE will take very good care of you.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#7 DBeck

DBeck

Dem Milkshakes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

just to let you know the one that is 150 also has the sharkfin thingy ;)

#8 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

the 150$ is just the colors for the 2012... the 2013 has new colors which are @$200

all rotors now that are available (at least in ansgear and reputable websites) are V3's

Edited by Razgriz183, 29 October 2012 - 05:10 PM.

my feedback :) 16/0/0
www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

www.santaclarapaintball.com

#9 BlackOutChris

BlackOutChris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

The v3 in cubix cyan is what my team just ordered from and gear and it will be sick if u want the better colors get the v3 the only difference between the v3 and v2 is color. Check out my YouTube for action teamblackoutpball

#10 YoungGun32

YoungGun32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

Neither. Look on the bst for used ones.

#11 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

Neither. Look on the bst for used ones.

#12 TheGreat

TheGreat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Do yourself a favor and buy a Z2 or Spire. All of the sudden my Rotor started jamming like crazy on some $50 paint. Unless you're buying expensive paint, get a different loader cause the Rotor can't handle cheap paint.

#13 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

Do yourself a favor and buy a Z2 or Spire. All of the sudden my Rotor started jamming like crazy on some $50 paint. Unless you're buying expensive paint, get a different loader cause the Rotor can't handle cheap paint.

Mine handled white box stuff.

#14 TheGreat

TheGreat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

Mine handled white box stuff.

Lucky you, I'm gonna give mine another shot cause I didn't have this problem before. I'll give it fresh batteries and take it out one more time to see if it gets fixed.

#15 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

The Spire is very durable in fact it's probably more durable then the z2 and rotor combined. Just look up Virtue's torture test.
I have and I always will be a Christian Baller.
My setup: Because I'm a bad*** Tippmann 98 custom with a shake and bake and two 20oz C02 tanks. Be jelly!

#16 Arjay

Arjay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

The Spire is very durable in fact it's probably more durable then the z2 and rotor combined. Just look up Virtue's torture test.

Imo the rotor is still the most durable.. Way thicker shell then the spire.

#17 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

Go spire. I seen one Sunday. They look awesome. Everyone at my field is going nuts over them. Previous rotor fans.

#18 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

Imo the rotor is still the most durable.. Way thicker shell then the spire.

Just because it has thicker plastic, it doesn't mean that it isn't the toughest. No don't get me wrong, the Rotor is very durable, but I have never seen somebody take a shotgun to a hopper, and it still work.

My setup: Because I'm a bad*** Tippmann 98 custom with a shake and bake and two 20oz C02 tanks. Be jelly!

#19 Aulldeath

Aulldeath

Pain is irrelevent, yet inevitable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

Those tests were all jokes, lol. A real 12gauge shotgun test should be done from around 10 feet away, not 30.
Posted Image
Yes, I work at Wal*Mart, got a problem with that?

#20 AT3256

AT3256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

Birdshot isn't impressive in the least. Don't use a marketing gag clearly intended to be a parody of other similar "torture tests" as an example of a hopper's durability. That said, the rotor, spire, and Z2 are more than durable enough to handle just abojt anything you'll put them through.

#21 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

Yes I know it was sort of a gimmick on the shotgun test, but it's still a shotgun...

#22 Aulldeath

Aulldeath

Pain is irrelevent, yet inevitable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

Just the shotgun test? The only "test" that was actually impressive was the water test. At least you can jump in a lake and only have to worry about the gun frying.
Posted Image
Yes, I work at Wal*Mart, got a problem with that?

#23 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

I didn't say JUST the shotgun test, I just said "the shotgun test," (cwhatIdidthere).

#24 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

I have owned 3 Super Loaders in the last 10 months, the Z2 (which I still have) the Rotor (which I couldn't sell fast enough), and the Pinokio PL230.

I love my Z2. THe plastic seems a little cheap and flimsy at first, and the loading tray can be a pain in the ass to snap back in during a thorough cleaning, but the electronic antijam, the quietness of the loader itself and the battery efficiency have me sold. I have a Virtue Crown 2 for it, and with the magnets that clamp down, even losing the spring isn't an issue.

I sold my Rotor V3 ( which was my back up to my Z2) because it had all kinds of issues. It would jam any time I used Grafitti or Redemption, even when it was a relatively cool day (not hot and humid or anything). THe speedfeed provided by Dye was alright, and it did feel pretty durable. However the shark fin thing I had on there felt kind of useless becuase it never unjammed any of my jams. I would have to pop the hopper apart mid-game (often losing half a hopper of paint or more), clear it with my figners before I got it unjammed. I swapped batterys and everything and it had all sorts of issues. Luckily it seemed to be working better when I sold it to a friend of mine, but I wasn't willing to give it another shot after being disappointed time and time again.

My Pinokio is a great back up/ loaner loader. It holds a shit ton of paint, feels really solid (although the ridged feedneck is a pain in the ass when trying to load it in my Axe, nothing to bad though), and feeds pretty reliably (although I have had a jam or two). The only thing I don't like is it takes two 9volts, which are like 4 bucks a piece out at Wal-mart. Makes it irritating to feed, but the battery efficiency is enough that it's not a big deal. It does have a HUGE profile for it though, so I'd only recommend it if you were a back.

Out of all of those, I'd say get the Z2 if you have the money to spend for a Rotor. You won't regret it. If you want to save some money, check out the Pinokio.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#25 locopato1234

locopato1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Ok guys thanks for all the help. I went to the field yesterday and saw all 3 hoppers in action. After handeling them all i think im going with the spire. Its awesome looking and the tech working on my gun recommended it.

#26 slipknot414

slipknot414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

If you've got the extra money to dish out, do it cuz the v3 is sooo sexy. I got the cubix red one with my dm13 and love it. They have the nicer color combos, and perform the same if not better than the z2.

#27 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

I like how people say the Rotor jams all the time, when 99% of all Rotor users have been happy with theirs for the past 2-3 years.
I just love it when a good prophecy fanboy get's the chance to bash the Rotor some more.
Rotor is simple, Prophecy is advanced. If you set your prophecy and your Rotor up the way they should they will both work great.

The Spine I have no idea on though. And why people call the Pinokio a superloader is beyond me. Actually, why people actually use the phrase "superloader" for anything is also beyond me.
It's a fucking loader, it feeds paintballs trough a hole, if it works for you why argue about it?

#28 iNF

iNF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

I love my rotor and have also used the Z2. I like the rotors overall performance over the Z2 (Which isnt much at all) Both preform awesome but i feel the rotor did better. What really gets me is the overall sleekness and look of the rotor. Can't be beat imo.

#29 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

If you've got the extra money to dish out, do it cuz the v3 is sooo sexy. I got the cubix red one with my dm9.4 with different milling and love it. They have the nicer color combos, and perform the same if not better than the z2.

Fixed.

#30 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

unless youre living in 2010, all rotors being sold by retailers are all V3

#31 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip