Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

I have been looking forever and I can't find any extended mag for the T8.1

#2 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,917 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

Basically, you have to get really, really, really lucky, and find someone who is selling one they have. They're not being made anymore, and never will again, unless some totally random company starts producing them. If someone has one, they usually go for like $90 a pop, for the extension alone, not including the magazine you attach it to. They go for that much because they're not being made anymore, and someone is probably willing to pay that much if they want one bad enough. However, they very rarely go up for sale, and if they do, they're usually gone a few minutes after they're posted. Your best bet is to put out WTB threads asking for one, and try to have someone offer you one before they make a BST thread offering it to everybody.

#3 SoCalPB22

SoCalPB22

Just Addictied...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Thanks for the Tip Tk. So Dreamzpaintball no longer produce extendeds

#4 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

A guy at my field has 2, I never realized they were so rare. :mellow:

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#5 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

maybe, you can design and make one with the help of a metal shop or something

other than that

you're SOL

Posted Image

#6 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

Thanks for the Tip Tk. So Dreamzpaintball no longer produce extendeds

No, they're no longer producing extended magazines. One guy produced about 25-50 of them, I don't remember the exact number, and people were told a suspected date of arrival, and when that date passed and they didn't get their mag extensions, they got their panties in a twist. Apparently the guy producing them even got a few death threats because the extensions were taking longer than expected, and people tried to bitch about the price too. So Dreamz put their foot down and said if people are going to bitch that much about how long it takes for one guy to produce custom equipment, and then going to bitch about how much they cost, they're going to save everyone the trouble and just not make them anymore. Which I personally agree with 100%. I'm sorry, but producing totally custom work for a bunch of cheap ass whiny little bitches just isn't worth the hassle. Especially when they don't take the time to admire the custom work or even say thank-you to the guy who produced them.

About half of the people turned around and immediately sold them for a profit, after they were delivered, which pissed off the people at Dreamz. Apparently they only made like $5 profit on each extension, or something crazy low like that, because they were trying to do people a favor and keep the costs down. And then people turn around and sold them for twice what they paid. So, basically, a group of moronic assholes screwed it over for the rest of us. But, such is life, and I don't blame Dreamz in the slightest. I would've done the exact same thing they did. And it really sucks, because I was planning on getting dual T8.1s, a dual remote line setup, and about six magazines with extensions. Then come to find out the extensions were sold out like two months after I found about them, and then people were such assholes about them that they'll never be produced again. And I'm sorry, but I refuse to pay $90 for a metal tube with a spring in it. I'd much rather spend that money and go to the guy who originally made them and give him the $90 for each one for him to custom make them for me. That way at least he knows that some of us appreciate the work he did, and the time and effort he put into making them.

#7 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

that sucks, i was consitering getting a pistol with one of those extended mags but i guess not

Edited by madsnipes, 29 October 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#8 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

You'll have a better chance finding T8 extended mags, but you have to modify the mag slightly to use those on a T8.1, instructions on how to modify the magazines can be found on youtube. And, obviously, they were designed for the T8, not the T8.1, so you can't use first strike rounds in them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users