• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 PB4life23

PB4life23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:38 PM

Guys my high school might be getting a PB team if they do that will be SO FREAKN cool i would definitely try out. Theres not a lot of people how play so it would be pretty easy to get on the team. :lol:

#2 coolicarboy

coolicarboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:43 PM

Thats pretty cool, man. I would love to have a team at my school. The thing is, if there are no players at your school, how good are you guys going to be? :( It doesn't matter though. Good luck, man!

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#3 Lucas

Lucas

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,342 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:55 PM

Awesome dude! I wish teh best of luck to ya!

#4 savage

savage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:04 PM

bro u gatta tell me how u guys got one..i need to get on for my school.
UP'D SHOCKER NXT F/S/T
PROTO SLG WITH UP'S F/S/T
PM ME

LOOKIN FOR A TEAM

#5 meftw!

meftw!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:06 PM

OMG i was just talking about that with my friend, but itll prob never happen here. i made a little attempt in grade 9 but said screw it

#6 Brown

Brown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:08 PM

That would be cool, but how in the hell did u convince ur school to get a paintball team?

#7 obsesedwithpb_15

obsesedwithpb_15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:08 PM

I could prob get my principle to let us have one but there would be no other teams to play against
"May God Have Mercy On My Enemies, For I Shall Not."

#8 Aldi_Assassing

Aldi_Assassing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 03:11 PM

wait is ur whole county gettingg cus u rn't gonna have any1 to play with
I'm cool like ice,but not wet... only on fridays *wink* *wink*

#9 PB4life23

PB4life23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:35 PM

Well my friend said he heard somethings about it. All though i wouldn't know what other schools would be intrested. But if are school does get it, it would be easier to get on the team because not to many people play PB at my school theres about 5 - 10 people who would play. Now im not sure about the upper class men.

P.S: My xmas this year is going to be another kickass xmas. Im getting the best PB equipment there is.

#10 paintballer42

paintballer42

Insane Member.. ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 05:40 PM

i wish we could have a paintball team thatd be cool rather than just goin with my cousins and brothers

Okay, you do realize that when you have girl in the title, you don't need to put dumb as well, right?

#11 rocki

rocki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:05 PM

the club/team lady at my school said no to a team, but yes to a club....shes pretty cool so were gonna make a club and try to get a team together

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature

#12 rocki

rocki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:05 PM

the club/team lady at my school said no to a team, but yes to a club....shes pretty cool so were gonna make a club and try to get a team together

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature

#13 rocki

rocki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:06 PM

go dammit my computer is being crap, sorry for the double post

#14 AZNPaintballer9

AZNPaintballer9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:07 PM

i wish my school would do that, there are so many kids in my school the would do a team or club. But i know my school won't do it because no one is willing to pay for it and my school dosn't trust kids with paintball guns

#15 RL_33

RL_33

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:13 PM

Ya, i really wish my school had a team, but my nobody would trust us with paintball guns together.

#16 Berto

Berto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:14 PM

good for you bro, some friends and i are tryin to get one started at my school

#17 kjbkjb9

kjbkjb9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:19 PM

i tried it and i sat down to my guidence councelar about it and she told me no right away and that was the end of it.
My sig was edited because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.
[/color]

#18 SpeedIsLife

SpeedIsLife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:19 PM

my friend and i started up on this last year. we got a bunch of signatures on a petition and everything, but i started to opt out of it. sure, if they would sponsor us even a little it would be great, but there would be no other school teams to compete against. it would pretty much have to be organized district-wide.

We should really give that idea a shot, there are plenty of ballers at my school.
TEAM ENCORE|DYNASTY FANCLUB #18

#19 BuffaloPBownz

BuffaloPBownz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:08 PM

how sick would it be if like all schools has a pb team and competed for like the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP HIGHSCHOOL PAINTBALL LEAGUE aka the wchpbl hahaha
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

No Referral Links.

#20 Nick VR

Nick VR

Pump It Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:12 PM

So for this club who would you guys be playing and does the school help with say paint and some financial stuff ??

#21 tclark

tclark

Average Posting Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:35 PM

how sick would it be if like all schools has a pb team and competed for like the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP HIGHSCHOOL PAINTBALL LEAGUE aka the wchpbl hahaha

Yea, that sounds like a paintball league lol. The WCHPBL.

#22 ProtoHitman22

ProtoHitman22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:08 PM

thats sick i wish mine had 1

#23 Nolan

Nolan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:59 PM

if i can tell you anything that can make your team good, is have meetings, practice, even if you don't have paint, and hang out often. i know for the fact that my team never practices unless we have paint, which we end up just playing a game of paintball instead of practicing, we never meet up so we don't know what really goes on, and i've never actully met the whole team, only a few
If you wipe
i wont bonus ball you
i wont monster ball you
i will bonus ball you with monsterballs

#24 SweetnLow

SweetnLow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:12 AM

The major problem with setting up a paintball team at any school is insurance. You have to find someone that will insure the whole team against losing an eye and twisting ankles. They're also going to be worried about the school image. If you're holding a "gun" and wearing that "scary mask" while wearing the school colors, you're not going to get many parents to like your idea. The school can't pay for your paint or air, and they probably don't have a place that you can play. You would have to set up a team buy-in, where everyone has to donate $300 or so to be on the roster. Then you will need a bank account and an adult who is responsible for this money. You need an adult coach and practice a lot. Then you have to find teams to play against. I doubt you will be playing other schools, so I suggest you play local tournaments and get your name out there like any fledgling team until other schools pick up the idea.

I know from experience that you can get pretty far on this list with a few friends and their parents. We couldn't find any affordable insurance, so we refunded the $300 to each person/ person's parents and halted the idea. JT has some information about it on their web-site. Good luck, keep trying.
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything" -Wyatt Earp
"One shot, one bounce." -Some paintballer
"Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move." - Crawdaddy (PBF)

#25 reloaderb

reloaderb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:27 AM

That will be extremely hard, but go for it <_<
My setup: Tadao'd marq, virtued vlocity, cp 68/45
Archie fan club #1

#26 Berto

Berto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:33 AM

shit i never thought about the insurance part
=/
but i'm still gunna try

#27 INOSKEDYOU

INOSKEDYOU

What's barrel tapping?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:04 AM

My high school had one before i went there. But the roaches err "coaches" took everyones money an split.

pow no more pb club.

#28 xsvboy

xsvboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:31 PM

That would be sick
My sig was edited because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

#29 toxic city pb

toxic city pb

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:46 PM

Best of luck dude! That would have been awesome if i had one when i was in school.
Flaming mod in signature is getting a bit old.

#30 ClearVision

ClearVision

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:51 PM

Thats great man! Best of luck.

#31 ~Sean~

~Sean~

Super Cool guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:02 AM

I wish my school had a paintball team, but it's hard to convince them because automatically in most peoples minds they think of guns a snd violence, and say no to paintball teams, especially in school.

#32 Sgt Milk Man

Sgt Milk Man

DGFL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:08 AM

lucky, I dont think my schools even close to thinking about creating a pb team its just too much work for them to do

#33 ChrisMMA39

ChrisMMA39

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:10 PM

I wish my school had a paintball team, but it's hard to convince them because automatically in most peoples minds they think of guns a snd violence, and say no to paintball teams, especially in school.

That's why when you talk to you school about it, you don't say paintball guns you say paintball markers, and tell them that when you have meetings and stuff your not going to bring your gear to school. That's a big one, even if its a hopper or barrel, don't bring any equipment onto school grounds. Also look for a teacher that would be the advisor and supervise meeting and stuff. And make an example flyer and show the school people what they look like. Don't have a picture of someone shooting someone. The most you need on the flyer is,

1) What is the meeting for (Paintball club or team)
2) Tell where you are meeting (Room)
3) Tell what time people need to be there (Generally a good idea to put down like 5 minutes before you actually start so people have time to find the place and ur not waiting for people who left to find it last minute.)
4) Put in big bold print that people can read...... DO NOT BRING ANY OF YOUR PAINTBALL GEAR TO THE MEETING. (That way the school knows your not really going to bring gear and if someone does talk to them about it and/or even kick them out of the room. The last thing u want is the have someone holding something they shouldn't have when the wrong person looks in and sees it, the club or team is done for)

Use like yellow paper with black writing. You don't want it to be fancy flyer with fancy typing, It just has to get peoples attention and they have to be able to read what it says and understand it.

Me and one of my friends made a club in our school and this is what we did. We are both out of the highschool but the club is still there, and the school now has a new opinion (*they like paintball now*) and better understanding of paintball.

If your a fire fighter copy this into your sig
Ion Owners Group

#34 Nick VR

Nick VR

Pump It Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:04 PM

That's why when you talk to you school about it, you don't say paintball guns you say paintball markers, and tell them that when you have meetings and stuff your not going to bring your gear to school. That's a big one, even if its a hopper or barrel, don't bring any equipment onto school grounds. Also look for a teacher that would be the advisor and supervise meeting and stuff. And make an example flyer and show the school people what they look like. Don't have a picture of someone shooting someone. The most you need on the flyer is,

1) What is the meeting for (Paintball club or team)
2) Tell where you are meeting (Room)
3) Tell what time people need to be there (Generally a good idea to put down like 5 minutes before you actually start so people have time to find the place and ur not waiting for people who left to find it last minute.)
4) Put in big bold print that people can read...... DO NOT BRING ANY OF YOUR PAINTBALL GEAR TO THE MEETING. (That way the school knows your not really going to bring gear and if someone does talk to them about it and/or even kick them out of the room. The last thing u want is the have someone holding something they shouldn't have when the wrong person looks in and sees it, the club or team is done for)

Use like yellow paper with black writing. You don't want it to be fancy flyer with fancy typing, It just has to get peoples attention and they have to be able to read what it says and understand it.

Me and one of my friends made a club in our school and this is what we did. We are both out of the highschool but the club is still there, and the school now has a new opinion (*they like paintball now*) and better understanding of paintball.

ok but who did you guys play ??

Did the school help with funding like buying paint ??

Where did you play ??

#35 ktown4life1337

ktown4life1337

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:22 PM

alot of high schools are starting to have paintball teams, I think it's a great idea.

#36 ChrisMMA39

ChrisMMA39

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:23 PM

Where did you play ??

Me and my friends used that to get the school to let use make a club. Thats y i posted it, to help with people making clubs. You can make a club so the school sees whats going on, and how popular paintball is in the school and surrounding area before you try to get them to make a paintball team. If you can have a club up and running for a couple of years with no problems they'll probably be more ok with making a team with a little convincing to make a team. You'll have better success of getting a team from doing what i just said than going to your school who probably has no knowledge of paintball and sayin you want to make a paintball team. The school isnt gonna make a team for something they dont know how long it will be around for, and if its even worth the funding.

When we played we played our friends, and we played woodsball, cause thats what we played. We also played at an indoor paintball field a couple if times and we went to EMR's castle conquest. Most of everyone in the club played woodsball, thats why there wasnt much speedball being played. no the school didnt fund us because we were a club not a school team. When we played we paid for the stuff we bought, no help from anyone.

Ion Owners Group

#37 bloodrush140

bloodrush140

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:24 PM

Where did you play ??

he didn't actually play anyone he was just in a club to talk about there guns, local fields, and other stuff

#38 ChrisMMA39

ChrisMMA39

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:31 PM

he didn't actually play anyone he was just in a club to talk about there guns, local fields, and other stuff

We went out and played but we used the club to get people together who like paintball and when we played we played as a team and came up with strategies for when we played. not just to talk about things. We participated in our schools bonfire events and through out the years the clubs been around the school hasn't had a problem with us or the club, and the school has respect for paintball, we had teachers coming up to us and asking us stuff about paintball. we got the word about paintball to spread around our school. Last year we the people in the club(Im now in college, but i still help out when i can) were getting stuff ready to talk to the school about making a team. They came up with a team name, what the team would wear, and the rules of the team. You can start a club and use it as a steping stone to create a paintball team in ur high school

Ion Owners Group

#39 dartmouthpb

dartmouthpb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:31 AM

Me and my friends have always talked about that, "what if our school had a paintball team" haha awesome man!
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.
My text was too big.

#40 tkebrick

tkebrick

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:39 PM

I don't know if this is any similar, but due to insurance reasons our high school didn't allow us to have a rugby team. We had a rugby club. Also we received no financial aid from the school.

We still wore school colors, and used the school name, but it was not an official high school sport. The biggest problem I see is that your states High School Athletic Association(HSAA) has to have a league, for the school to receive funding for it. At least that is how it worked when I was in High School.

#41 marcoetreni

marcoetreni

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:55 PM

Yea id be in heaven if my school got a paintball team i think we did have one for like a year but that was it i no my local feild holds a tournament every year for the high schools but its just 5 friends that go to the same school not an actually team

#42 dyeballa16

dyeballa16

Straight Mowen faces

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:29 PM

Im trying to get my skool to start one but the whole liability and funding this is a bitch to get around

#43 dyeballa16

dyeballa16

Straight Mowen faces

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 04:08 PM

heres a site that will tell you what collage and high schools have paintball teams by state http://www.college-paintball.com/high/club_list.html?sort=state

#44 The Desacrator

The Desacrator

Xtacle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:17 PM

Lucky...

#45 laburton

laburton

Full Time Helper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:26 PM

Dude that would be freakin awesome!
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- If I Have Helped you At All During Your Stay at The TechPB Hotel Click Here
IF YOUR UNDER 18 AND PAY FOR YOUR OWN STUFF PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE

#46 Im4EverKing

Im4EverKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:55 PM

That's cool although it really won't be different from any other team. idk. it would be cool if all high schools had them but if its only your school... it will just be like any other team really.

Cool though. I wish that were true for my school.
would be cool
>> Anyone who's got a White Flex for sale hit me up <<

My image was over the 30k, im so naughty.

#47 Fatkid8523

Fatkid8523

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:13 PM

That is soo awsome. I really wish my school had a paintball team!!!
Paintball guns dont shoot people, if im lucky i do.

LIVE EVERY DAY AS IF YOUR ASS IS ON FIRE!!!!

#48 adrenilanejunkie

adrenilanejunkie

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:18 PM

My school said we can form a club and i will use that to get some more players for my team
Paintball: is my sport, is my passion, my life.
http://www.techpb.co...=0 Geo Owner

#49 LucidPb

LucidPb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:20 PM

My school freaked when I tried in my freshman year but now that I'm a junior I think I could probably do it. Are you in Florida?

Looking for a team. I live in St.Pete FL
I put the biscuit in the basket.
DM7 owner

#50 adrenilanejunkie

adrenilanejunkie

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:43 PM

No las vegas NV
Paintball: is my sport, is my passion, my life.
http://www.techpb.co...=0 Geo Owner

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users