16 replies to this topic

#1 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

My friends are throwing a victory party for winning their division at world cup. My issue... I want to record the party and play. I am looking for a camera to play with and take some good pictures with. $500 is limit anyone has a recommendation?

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#2 Aulldeath

Aulldeath

Pain is irrelevent, yet inevitable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

From my experience, the Sony HDR-CX190 shoots amazing pictures for only around $250, and can be bought from almost any walmart. I have some videos shot with one in my Droid thread, if you want a demonstration.

Really above the $200 mark, any camera is going to shoot amazingly, as long as it can so in HD.
Posted Image
Yes, I work at Wal*Mart, got a problem with that?

#3 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

Just looked up Sony HDR and the first result was a camera that $800 over my budget. Trying to find your model the only thing is I also wanted to be able to play with it or at least record a game from inside the nets

#4 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

Just looked up Sony HDR and the first result was a camera that $800 over my budget. Trying to find your model the only thing is I also wanted to be able to play with it or at least record a game from inside the nets

http://reviews.cnet....7-35128679.html

#5 splatman917

splatman917

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

like a camera to put on a gun or to be on the tapes and film? my reccomendation for an on-gun camera would be the GoPro. get the 2, it's not as expensive!! and you can do anything and everything with it!!

#6 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

http://reviews.cnet....7-35128679.html

Whoa.

like a camera to put on a gun or to be on the tapes and film? my reccomendation for an on-gun camera would be the GoPro. get the 2, it's not as expensive!! and you can do anything and everything with it!!

I wanted something to put on my gun as well but decided against that. Now I just want something I can protect while recording.

#7 Aulldeath

Aulldeath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

You can make a plastic safe-box for a camera.

I keep planning on making one, it's not that hard. You can just glue 5 pieces of plastic together, and make the last side a hinge/door so you can just open it up and change the settings.

And you can put just adhesive foam on the inside to protect the camera.

Posted Image

#8 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

Get a GoPro.

#9 maymay32

maymay32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Any contour will do

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Any contour will do

No

#11 Kuleaze

Kuleaze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

I've been in photograhy for quite a while. Camera's are expensive toys just like paintball guns. I have two camera bodies and several lens'. You really need to figure out how you want to use the camera. If you're going to use it while playing - then I agree with the "GoPro" option. Takes really great video. If you're going to be shooting others from a fixed point, or running around in the hopes you won't be shot cause you're the camera guy, then you might want to go with something different. A good handheld camera like the Panisonic Lumix might do the trick. Keep in mind, lens' can be just as expensive as the camera body and they all have different functions/roles.

If you want to take photos of people far away from you then you'll want a long lens (300mm). If you want to take large group shots, then you want a wide angle lens like a 15 or 18mm. I could keep going that's how complex this question is.

Here's a link to the Lumix I mentioned above, you might be able to find it cheaper - I just grabbed the first link so you could see a decent camera.

http://www.crutchfie...crv=15861566905

If you want to get into photography, I would go with a Canon Digital Rebel T2i, T3i, or T4i - it just depends on the cash you want to drop. The idea behind these camera's is the ability to change out lens'. Keeping one body and several lens' will allow you to adapt to different situations.

Hope this helps.

For my next outing, I'm looking to get a good action video cam and I know the GoPro is a good camera, the only issue is its boxy shape. I found another camera called the EPIC HD 1080 which is more streamlined, I just don't know much about it yet - maybe someone here can chime in and help us both out.

Edited by Kuleaze, 01 November 2012 - 07:12 PM.

#12 boat

boat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

Get a GoPro.

This, get a GoProHD with a head strap they have protective casings on them.

#13 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

I've been in photograhy for quite a while. Camera's are expensive toys just like paintball guns. I have two camera bodies and several lens'. You really need to figure out how you want to use the camera. If you're going to use it while playing - then I agree with the "GoPro" option. Takes really great video. If you're going to be shooting others from a fixed point, or running around in the hopes you won't be shot cause you're the camera guy, then you might want to go with something different. A good handheld camera like the Panisonic Lumix might do the trick. Keep in mind, lens' can be just as expensive as the camera body and they all have different functions/roles.

If you want to take photos of people far away from you then you'll want a long lens (300mm). If you want to take large group shots, then you want a wide angle lens like a 15 or 18mm. I could keep going that's how complex this question is.

Here's a link to the Lumix I mentioned above, you might be able to find it cheaper - I just grabbed the first link so you could see a decent camera.

http://www.crutchfie...crv=15861566905

If you want to get into photography, I would go with a Canon Digital Rebel T2i, T3i, or T4i - it just depends on the cash you want to drop. The idea behind these camera's is the ability to change out lens'. Keeping one body and several lens' will allow you to adapt to different situations.

Hope this helps.

For my next outing, I'm looking to get a good action video cam and I know the GoPro is a good camera, the only issue is its boxy shape. I found another camera called the EPIC HD 1080 which is more streamlined, I just don't know much about it yet - maybe someone here can chime in and help us both out.

I originally purchased the Epic 1080 but was unable to find a decent way to mount it. It can not be mounted on the side without the mount disrupting the profile.

Since I plan to record other people and mount the camera on my marker, I will get the Go Pro HD. That's if I can find a store tomorrow with one.

#14 Aulldeath

Aulldeath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Walmart carries them now.

If you have a bike, the reflector mount under the seat works as a perfect camera mount.

Just get some sticky foam and put it around the barrel and get a screw to fit the camera.
Posted Image

#15 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

Walmart carries them now.

If you have a bike, the reflector mount under the seat works as a perfect camera mount.

Just get some sticky foam and put it around the barrel and get a screw to fit the camera.

Thanks for the tip Aulldeath. I do have lots of spare bike parts from the good days of commuter cycling.

#16 Aulldeath

Aulldeath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

I tried to get in touch with my work, they have a large box full of them where they assemble the bikes, trying to get a bunch.
Posted Image

#17 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

Another great camera for video is the Nikon D5100.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users