• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 TheBeastCoast

TheBeastCoast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

The other day i played a game of pump with my friends old sniper pump and i loved it! I just wanted to know you guys' honest opinion on which starter pump in the best! thank you in advance! Please feel free to leave any other suggestions below!

#2 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

I personally prefer the feel of a stack tubed pump over a single tube, with that being said i like the KP better. But even more than the KP for the price would be a trilogy pump.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#3 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

Scenario vs. Airball

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#4 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

I'd recommend a used sniper over both for superior value.

Between the two, however, I'd take the AKP.

#5 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

My son has a Kaos Pump, I think buying it was a mistake.

Now let me start off by saying, I think the Kaos is a better choice than a tracer, but I have to say neither is a very good choice.

The tracer is not a bad choice for a guy with a Tippmann 98 or A5, but your main marker is an AXE! You will not be happy with a tracer - no way.

If you get a Kaos you will need to change the barrel (roll outs), feed-neck (POS) and an on/off asa, for that you will be into your KAOS for 300 bucks.

Now for about $300, you can get a nice used Empire Sniper. It is a great value with no upgrades needed; it has nice body & trigger, a really nice barrel kit, great feed-neck and on/off asa.

At the end of the day, if you get the Tracer, you will likely rarely use it, so that is a waste. If you get the Kaos you will have an inferior marker and still have spent the same money you will spend for a used Sniper.

If you can save up a few extra bucks, a new sniper is about $400 and real bargain. Now if you are like me, you will LOVE pumping and instead of using a case and a half of paint a day with your AXE, you will be pumping the Sniper and only using a bag day - it will pay for itself in no-time with paint savings.

Good luck and welcome to PUMP!

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#6 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Funfact: Empire's Trracer, Sniper, and Axe were all designed by the same person.

#7 Corysllw

Corysllw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

lol^^ I'd go with the Azodin KP

#8 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

All depends on your preference for feel. Personally I like Nelson based pumps especially when talking budget pumps. As with Nelson pumps you get the autotrigger witch you don't get with low end autococker style guns or the Azodin KP. Higher end autococker pumps can be had with auto trigger but at a much higher cost. That being said the Cockers and even the KP both offer smoother lighter pump strokes. So it all really depends on player preference and feel.

But I will say if ya new to pumps and you plan to play against semis autotrigger is something I very glad to have.

One more thing don't discount Tippmanns SL-68II. It offer zero upgradability and roll outs are common (easily fixed with a bit of electrical tape). It is a very very robust little shooter that I absolutely Love shooting. It really does not need anything and is a hoot to play with as it's a very tight package that just works. It is still my primary pump gun and I started in this sport back in 1998 with a pump and have had one pump gun of sort in my gear bag since.

Edited by TinyBear, 01 November 2012 - 10:22 PM.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#9 MrSuperScottish

MrSuperScottish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

I've owned both. Hands down, the Azodin Kaos Pump is what I would recommend. To me it felt smoother and it felt way more comfortable to hold than the Trracer. It's a great marker for anyone to "test the (pump) waters with." :tup:

#10 BEZERKERS

BEZERKERS

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

bought one of each within the last year. No complaints, fun to use from time to time.

BEZERKERS
Living Legends 6 Most Valuable Team for the Horde
IN THE FACE !!

#11 Octopus Prime

Octopus Prime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

I loved my Kp I would pump with it anyday

#12 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

KP for sure. trracer's stroke is rather rough

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#13 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

For the price of a KP,You could get a tricked-out sniper.

#14 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

KP, a taracers bolt wears out wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to fast :tdn:

#15 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

For a little more than the KP get the CCI Phantom, amazing guns.

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#16 BURN177

BURN177

super man that ho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Speaking as someone that has owned both I think you would be much better buying a used cocker or phantom than either of them, you just won't get any thing worth while out of either of them. If you hardly are going toplay pump I'd say maybe the Kaos pump but I wouldn't go for the traccer unless you are going to use a 50 round hopper or stock class cus it feels very akward how the tank comes out the back and the hopper off sets the weight really badly. A KP feels more likes a normal PB gun. That being said neither of them are regulated (I think the sell a kp that is) and are kind of cheaply made. A used cocker may run 200 or 250 for a really good one that will work better and be more consistent that either. Plus they're cooler but that's my opinion :P.

#17 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

Funfact: Empire's Trracer, Sniper, and Axe were all designed by the same person.

Only if you consider cosmetics, relatively minor performance tuning, and appropriation of previously existing aftermarket parts and ideas to be "designing" ...
Keep your pump hand strong!
PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK - Custom LAPCO 1-piece underbore barrel! SALE!
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos

#18 smoke14

smoke14

One Flew Over

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Only if you consider cosmetics, relatively minor performance tuning, and appropriation of previously existing aftermarket parts and ideas to be "designing" ...

wat

Edited by smoke14, 26 November 2012 - 03:40 PM.

#19 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:00 AM

wat

what about that statement don't you understand?

#20 Rollieelmo

Rollieelmo

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Seriously skip both, and look around for a cheap sniper. if you wanna spend a little more, make sure it has CCM pump kit/parts, CP parts, etc. If not, cheap parts, but don't pay more than ~100 for it.
Rockin' Cocks Revolution
MCB Feedback - Techpb feedback - PBN Feedback

#21 o-baller

o-baller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

I would...

On another note, I hate to do it but I would have to agree with the others in that you should attempt to find a used Sniper 2 or something of that nature. Just about any converted autococker is going to be as good or better than an AKP or a traccer. However, it also depends on if you like nelson valves or not. If so, then I would attempt to get a used phantom.

Edited by o-baller, 28 November 2012 - 04:35 PM.

Sqaush the Bug and Whip the Hips- Coach Watkins

98% of statistics in peoples sigs are made up

#22 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

I would...

So when we get a body milled and put CCM parts on it, we have designed a gun? No.

#23 OMGPaintball

OMGPaintball

Navy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

I own the empire trraccer and i have to say it's a nice little gun. As far as being better than the AKP, i wouldn't say it is. personally I like the feel of sniper style pumps over nelson pumps. Both are great guns though.

#24 o-baller

o-baller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

I would...

So when we get a body milled and put CCM parts on it, we have designed a gun? No.

So the axe was created using existing parts? And the empire snipers were made from CCM parts? I don't think so...
Either way, not about to have a repeat of the last "argument"...

Edited by o-baller, 01 December 2012 - 02:06 PM.

Sqaush the Bug and Whip the Hips- Coach Watkins

98% of statistics in peoples sigs are made up

#25 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

I would...

So the axe was created using existing parts? And the empire snipers were made from CCM parts? I don't think so...
Either way, not about to have a repeat of the last "argument"...

Of those three guns, Simon designed the Mini which became Axe. He did not design the trracer nor the sniper.
Designing a gun entails more than just adapting it for manufacture by your current company.

#26 OrbitalPB

OrbitalPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

I am a speedballer and my first pump gun (and my current pump gun) is the empire trracer. The empire trracer feels weird for the first 3 or so games except once you get comfortable with it you will be shooting amazingly acurate. The only thing you may want to do is to create a bottomline kit for your trracer if you purchase one.

#27 pumpmaster flex

pumpmaster flex

pumpin it up

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

just skip all of the previous and order a lapco gray ghost, but if your not cool enough get a used sniper (like everyone else said.....)
Posted Image

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users