• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Impulse3159

Impulse3159

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

Am i the only one who thinks that our paintball companies need to make a magazine the holds a realistic amount of paintballs...i realize that paintballs are .68cal but the ruger 10/22 has a 50rd clip where the round are held in a u shape...has dye or spyder whomever maybe though about giving us a 20 or 30 round mag that doesnt have to be switched constantly by reversing the magazine to acces the next "set" of paintballs.

#2 Gyvanth

Gyvanth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

For mag fed markers, it is a constant balance of ergonomics vs # of paintballs. A 20 or 30 round mag would be huge, even if it was curved. Plus, mag fed markers are more for people who one-ball and conserve, much like pump players. A huge magazine isn't really a necessity. At that point it would just be easier to get a 50rnd hopper.

#3 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

The 10/22 has a 50 round magazine, because .22 LR are teeny tiny. You can't realistically compare .68 caliber paintballs and a .22 LR and expect a similar sized magazine to hold a similar number of rounds. The reason paintball companies haven't made a magazine that will hold 20-30 paintballs is because A. there isn't any demand for it. B. People already bitch enough about prices, just think about what it would be like if the magazine prices were doubled. And C. because the magazine would be huge and cumbersome and really annoying to carry around multiple of them.

#4 Phoenix01

Phoenix01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Probably one of the only ways you can get your count up in a magazine is going to a drum/dual drum or a box mag. Then it falls back to like what TK-421 said, it becomes huge and cumbersome.

#5 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

what about the Rap 4 box mag ?

Posted Image

#6 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Am i the only one who thinks that our paintball companies need to make a magazine the holds a realistic amount of paintballs...i realize that paintballs are .68cal but the ruger 10/22 has a 50rd clip where the round are held in a u shape...has dye or spyder whomever maybe though about giving us a 20 or 30 round mag that doesnt have to be switched constantly by reversing the magazine to acces the next "set" of paintballs.

The DAM did give us a a 20 rd magazine like that.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#7 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Spring tension could also be an issue, paintballs break, bullets do not.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#8 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

The DAM did give us a a 20 rd magazine like that.

Re-read it you missed the purple word.

Bullets are generally not over .50 cal (well guns that you would hold)

#9 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

What?

Too much spring tension on a stack of paintballs, and they will break.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#10 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

What?

Too much spring tension on a stack of paintballs, and they will break.

Im just saying stacking a bunch of 20-30 bullets .2-.3in (im not a gun guy lol) in diameter is a lot different than stacking 20 .68in diameter paintballs. Thats over a foot long mag.

#11 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

You do know that Milsig's new mags hold 20 right?

As a mag-fed player, 20 balls per mag is just right for me. The box mag, to me, is stupid. Especially since the Rap4 ones work like shit. If I plan on shooting a ton of paint I will shoot my DM. Otherwise 20 round mags are fine

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#12 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

Also, you have to take into account the spring tension on the mag vs the durability of the paintballs. You can only have so much spring tension until they break and all becomes useless. If you want an upside down hopper, you could get that RAP4 ubermag thing they're selling.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#13 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

Also even bullets like .50 only have 5 or 10 round mags. And that's smaller then a .68 so we should be seeing (by gun standards) about 8 at the most.
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#14 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

Also even bullets like .50 only have 5 or 10 round mags. And that's smaller then a .68 so we should be seeing (by gun standards) about 8 at the most.

sounds bout right... 1 in the chamber 7 in the mag

a standard 50 cal sniper rifle only uses a 5 round mag (ithink) and a .68 cal paintball is already BIGGER... they can use the same design like Rap4 did and it's a U shape in the mag... but that only makes it like at most 14~15 rounds

also if you do use a U shape spring tension... you may end up crushing the paintballs in the mag, because u would require more spring tension to push the last round up into the marker

so reasonable amount of paintballs would be around 6~7
my feedback :) 16/0/0
www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

www.santaclarapaintball.com

#15 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

The Barret M82 has a 10 round magazine, but that's due to the weight and size of the .50 cal round more than anything, along with the distance from the bottom of the receiver to the ground when the bi-pod is deployed. The bi-pod is only so tall, and you need to be able to remove the magazine and insert a new one, without taking it off the bi-pod, which is why they use a 10 round magazine. They could use more than ten rounds if the bi-pod was taller, and if they wanted to add more weight to the firearm.

#16 Cap'n Biff

Cap'n Biff

Lab Ogre

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Ugh! The box mag...

It's not a bad idea, for those that are playing limited ammo milsim with specific roles. I'm on a team that's trying out this style of play, and the heavy gunner is the only assignment that can have a feed system that holds more than 30 rounds. So, I either run something with a low-profile hopper (to keep the aesthetic, which is apparently part of the point of this style of play), or use the RAP4 box mag. It is, however, problematic at best. I have yet to get mine to perform reliably on a consistent basis.

Mag fed doesn't need more ammo, at least not any more than stock class pump "needs" more ammo. It is a style of play specifically meant to have a low shot count. What mag fed play needs is a well-designed, air-efficient and reasonably easy to maintain marker that maintains the milsim aesthetic and doesn't cost $1000 or more...
Paintballs bounce off me like raisins off an Oldsmobile...
My Feedback
Lapco BigShot Assault A5 14"

#17 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Most milsimers really could care less if it was 20 rounds.

#18 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Most milsimers really could care less if it was 20 rounds.

Not entirely sure about this. The less mags you have to hold and buy is always a positive in my book. I dont see a milsimer looking at it different (could be worng though)

#19 elraido

elraido

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

Best you are going to get is an AT85. 22 rounds in a magazine.

Edited by elraido, 03 November 2012 - 01:10 PM.

#20 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

It seems like you are looking for a loader that feeds from underneath, not a "magazine"

Even the biggest, dual drum magazines only hold about 200 rounds. That's the same capacity as the standard loader.

#21 Impulse3159

Impulse3159

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

I guess i think that if a person wants to play milsim. It should be realistic as possible right? So is it really that hard to design, produce, and sell a 30 paintball magazine? Even the dye magazine in my opinion is just dumb. Probobly the only reason i wont buy it, funny thing is i think they did the rest of the gun right. If theres a will theres a way. Im just saying as a paintball community we are gettin milked.

This is the first time mikes posted in one of my threads sIck!

#22 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

I guess i think that if a person wants to play milsim. It should be realistic as possible right? So is it really that hard to design, produce, and sell a 30 paintball magazine? Even the dye magazine in my opinion is just dumb. Probobly the only reason i wont buy it, funny thing is i think they did the rest of the gun right. If theres a will theres a way. Im just saying as a paintball community we are gettin milked.

This is the first time mikes posted in one of my threads sIck!

If they want as realistic as possible then they can go to war and do it for real. This is a game, it's supposed to be fun, not realistic. A lot of milsim people I know like the look, the idea, but they don't want it realistic, they want to have fun with a game. Besides, if milsim people wanted it to be realistic, and they wanted a 30 round magazine, they would say so. They would make their voice be heard, and let people know they wanted a 30 round magazine capacity.

#23 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

You could try a warp feed...

#24 Funk21

Funk21

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Not sure if you have used any of the Milsig or Rap 4 traditional 18-20 round mags but they have a lot of issue with them. From not feed all the balls to try to get them locked in the mag well. Dye I believe made the mags 10 x 2 for two reasons, first by not having a curved channel for the rounds you allow for first strike rounds, second you get rid of having to wind clips and the issue of then not feeding right/jammed at the rounded points. I owned a paradigm and bought 13 mags when I purchased it, 5 did not work properly out of he box and then here was the issue with feeding while firing. Trust me it sucks. I'm sure at some point dye will come up with a box feeder or a first strike box that holds a large number.
Red/Grey Clone VX & Warped Sportz Dark Ego11 Black/Purple
Guerrilla 4500/70 CI
Black Rotor

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users