29 replies to this topic

#1 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

This picture pretty much sums up how I feel. I was really looking forward to going to a Stars game this year.

Posted Image

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

That picture is win.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

That picture is win.

That picture is the only reason I actually made this thread.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#4 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

That picture is win.

Do you even watch hockey?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#5 Sicken

Sicken

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

the negotiations should of started months not weeks before the cba expired and as much as i dont like bettman , Fehr is the one killing the new season
PM7ULOwner
Rotor
Ninja 70-4500
Some people just take information from others and then call them selves experts

#6 SWOballer

SWOballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

The offer from the NHL was more than fair, it is 100% on the NHLPA now.
Cake Bakers United!

#7 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

That picture is win.

Do you even watch hockey?

I try too. Its a pain in the ass to try and watch regularly without paying for extra channels. Even in the playoffs its hard to find hockey games, especially since the Mavs and Thunder are usually in the NBA playoffs. What I was trying to say, is I wouldn't have bothered with making the thread had I not found the picture.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#8 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

I miss hockey. Bring back my Blackhawks!

#9 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,918 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

I was really looking forward to going to a Stars game this year.

I was really looking forward to going to a Stars game and watching them get whomped by the Blackhawks on their home turf.

Oh yeah, I went there. Bring it. B)

Posted Image

#10 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

I was really looking forward to going to a Stars game this year.

I was really looking forward to going to a Stars game and watching them get whomped by the Blackhawks on their home turf.

Oh yeah, I went there. Bring it. B)

Posted Image

I'm not a Stars fan, I'm a Wild fan. I just love going to live hockey games. Its also my goal to go to a game of every Dallas pro team this school year. Already went to a Cowboys game, have to wait until spring for FC Dallas and Rangers, so right now I need to work on Mavs and Stars.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#11 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

I'm a football and hockey fan. Sure it's great when I get to watch the Bears or Blackhawks play, but I'll watch any team play. Live hockey games are so much better, but I think football games on TV are better for actually seeing what's going on. But you really can't beat the emotional rush of actually being in the stadium.

#12 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

The quality of edmonton's arena is so poor it's almost worth it not to go and watch live hockey, unless Vancouver Canucks are in town to whip the oilers' asses then I'm game for going
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#13 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

Football is better :ph34r:

Posted Image

#14 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Who cares, it's only hockey, and this is coming from a Canadian.
I think hockey not being played is much, MUCH less important than other things like the teachers losing thier collective bargaining rights in Toronto, or the after effects of hurricane sandy, and droughts in Africa.

Hockey really has no effect on humanity or anyone for that matter, it's just for entertainment and right now they're lock out, which again, is still much less important then the feet of water flooding NY or people dying from droughts in Africa.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Blade of grass, 03 November 2012 - 09:15 AM.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#15 SWOballer

SWOballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

Hockey really has no effect on humanity or anyone for that matter, it's just for entertainment and right now they're lock out, which again, is still much less important then the feet of water flooding NY or people dying from droughts in Africa.

Just my 2 cents.

While this is mostly true, what about all of the people that have lost their income because two groups of wealthy brats can't get their heads out of their asses long enough to even talk about a contract.

There are thousands of people who depend on professional hockey for their livelihoods.

It still isn't as important as other things going on in the world today, but you can't really say no one is effected by it.

Edited by SWOballer, 03 November 2012 - 12:45 PM.

Cake Bakers United!

#16 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

Just my 2 cents.

While this is mostly true, what about all of the people that have lost their income because two groups of wealthy brats can't get their heads out of their asses long enough to even talk about a contract.

There are thousands of people who depend on professional hockey for their livelihoods.

It still isn't as important as other things going on in the world today, but you can't really say no one is effected by it.

Wait, are you saying that hockey players are dropping below the poverty line because they aren't playing? I'd say that's their fault, if they can't live off a million + dollars for one year, there is no hope for them. Billions of people live off less than half of that, millions live off of less than 1% of what they make. So really, it doesn't affect anyone, they affect themselves because of their lifestyle.

Edited by Blade of grass, 03 November 2012 - 01:39 PM.

48fhih.png

#17 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

I think hockey not being played is much, MUCH less important than other things like the teachers losing thier collective bargaining rights in Toronto, or the after effects of hurricane sandy, and droughts in Africa.

Just my 2 cents.

What about the janitors who clean up the facilities? What about the food people who cook the food for the fans? What about the announcers who tell people what's going on in the game? What about the zamboni drivers who resurface the ice? What about the maintenance crew who make sure the stadium is functioning properly? What about all the other people who make their living working in the stadiums, but can't, because hockey is shut down? What about them? You're just happy telling them they can forget about putting food in their stomachs or keeping a roof over their head?

You know, there really isn't anything I can do that could positively affect the teachers in toronto, the droughts in africa, or the victims of hurricane sandy.

If the teachers want their collective bargaining rights, they'll stand up and let their voices be heard, or they'll move to a different country, or they'll get a different occupation. Their are other countries clamoring for english speaking teachers. Check out Mordeth13 on youtube, he's a Canadian who moved to Taiwan I believe it is, because they were paying him damned good money, giving him free room and board, all to teach kids how to speak english. Didn't know a single word of the native language when he went over there, and he made damned good money. Now he lives there, is fluent in the language, and even has a wife and kid. If people aren't happy with their situation, they need to do something about it, not just whine about it and hope someone does something about it for them.

Lots of places are in drought, just because it's Africa, and just because it's poor, doesn't make any difference. It's not like we're better off when a drought hits, because we're super rich and have weather making machines that can fix everything over night. We have to suffer through a crappy drought just like they do. And guess what, it's AFRICA, it's not like a drought is some super massive catastrophe, they should be fairly used to crappy living conditions by now.

As to the victims of Hurricane Sandy, I don't really feel much remorse for the ones who stuck around. They were told well in advance that it was coming and that they needed to evacuate. If they decided to stay, then the consequences are on them, not me. Does it suck? Yeah, I'm sure it does. Should they have left? Yes. Do I want to suddenly break down and cry because they stuck around when they were told not to, and are now unhappy? Hell no. They made their bed and now they can sleep in it too.

Too often people go "Well what about the starving kids in Africa?" "What about the horribly abused children over in some foreign country?" "Why don't you start caring about the world instead of worrying about yourself?" Oh yeah? And just what can you even do about that? Why complain to us about it when A. You're most likely not doing a damn thing about those situations. And B. What can we realistically do? Sure there are starving kids in Africa, and sure we throw away a lot of food. Want to give all our leftovers to the kids in Africa? Go right ahead. But the food will rot before it even gets off this continent. And who will pay for it? Fuel isn't cheap, and wasting millions worth of fuel to bring rotten food to the kids in Africa isn't exactly a solution that will actually do anything good. Want to give all of our water to the people in Africa to try and help the drought? Then we're the ones who are screwed, in a drought, without water, meanwhile all the war lords in Africa have stolen the water and are hoarding it for themselves. Meanwhile, there'd still be a drought in Africa and people would still be dying without water.

#18 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Just my 2 cents.

Wait, are you saying that hockey players are dropping below the poverty line because they aren't playing? I'd say that's their fault, if they can't live off a million + dollars for one year, there is no hope for them. Billions of people live off less than half of that, millions live off of less than 1% of what they make. So really, it doesn't affect anyone, they affect themselves because of their lifestyle.

You have obviously never been to a professional sporting event. He's not talking about the hockey players, but the thousands of people whose job it is to work at the stadiums and keep the games going. There are the maintenance staff, concessions sellers, janitors, tech people, etc. Who aren't working right now or as much right now because of the lockout.

Onto your other point. You're completely right, we should all stop paying for entertainment and put that money into helping people around the world. You can start by selling your paintball equipment and stop paying for internet and putting that money into charity since you want to help drought victims in Africa so much. And since these other things are more important, I guess you should never watch TV again, or go on Vacation, because that is clearly a waste of money when you could be helping people.

If you're willing to practice what you preach, then I will respect you a lot. However, I'm a selfish person who works hard so I can live comfortably and do things I enjoy. One of those things I enjoy is paintball, another is watching hockey, so I do them.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#19 SWOballer

SWOballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Just my 2 cents.

You have obviously never been to a professional sporting event. He's not talking about the hockey players, but the thousands of people whose job it is to work at the stadiums and keep the games going. There are the maintenance staff, concessions sellers, janitors, tech people, etc. Who aren't working right now or as much right now because of the lockout.

Onto your other point. You're completely right, we should all stop paying for entertainment and put that money into helping people around the world. You can start by selling your paintball equipment and stop paying for internet and putting that money into charity since you want to help drought victims in Africa so much. And since these other things are more important, I guess you should never watch TV again, or go on Vacation, because that is clearly a waste of money when you could be helping people.

If you're willing to practice what you preach, then I will respect you a lot. However, I'm a selfish person who works hard so I can live comfortably and do things I enjoy. One of those things I enjoy is paintball, another is watching hockey, so I do them.

:tup:
Cake Bakers United!

#20 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

Just my 2 cents.

I`ve been to many professional sporting events. And you do realise that most facilities are being used for other things? The ACC in Toronto (home of the Maple Leafs) is being used for basketball, and concerts, also some other things that no one cares about (lacrosse?). Rico (other big facility) is being used for concerts.

Most rinks are multi use facilities (I say most because most of all of them that I looked at are, but maybe I just magically only picked the multi use ones) according to my searching on wikipedia therefore, all the staff still have jobs. You could not run a facility the size of the Thunderdome by only doing hockey (once a week, every other other week?)

All I`m saying is we shouldn't moan because hockeys not on.
And I also never said we should stop paying for entertainment, I never stated that, all I said is that if hockey players cannot live off a million dollar salary for a year, that's their problem because billions live with much less than a million a year.

48fhih.png

#21 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

Just my 2 cents.

What about the janitors who clean up the facilities? What about the food people who cook the food for the fans? What about the announcers who tell people what's going on in the game? What about the zamboni drivers who resurface the ice? What about the maintenance crew who make sure the stadium is functioning properly? What about all the other people who make their living working in the stadiums, but can't, because hockey is shut down? What about them? You're just happy telling them they can forget about putting food in their stomachs or keeping a roof over their head?

You know, there really isn't anything I can do that could positively affect the teachers in toronto, the droughts in africa, or the victims of hurricane sandy.

If the teachers want their collective bargaining rights, they'll stand up and let their voices be heard, or they'll move to a different country, or they'll get a different occupation. Their are other countries clamoring for english speaking teachers. Check out Mordeth13 on youtube, he's a Canadian who moved to Taiwan I believe it is, because they were paying him damned good money, giving him free room and board, all to teach kids how to speak english. Didn't know a single word of the native language when he went over there, and he made damned good money. Now he lives there, is fluent in the language, and even has a wife and kid. If people aren't happy with their situation, they need to do something about it, not just whine about it and hope someone does something about it for them.

Lots of places are in drought, just because it's Africa, and just because it's poor, doesn't make any difference. It's not like we're better off when a drought hits, because we're super rich and have weather making machines that can fix everything over night. We have to suffer through a crappy drought just like they do. And guess what, it's AFRICA, it's not like a drought is some super massive catastrophe, they should be fairly used to crappy living conditions by now.

As to the victims of Hurricane Sandy, I don't really feel much remorse for the ones who stuck around. They were told well in advance that it was coming and that they needed to evacuate. If they decided to stay, then the consequences are on them, not me. Does it suck? Yeah, I'm sure it does. Should they have left? Yes. Do I want to suddenly break down and cry because they stuck around when they were told not to, and are now unhappy? Hell no. They made their bed and now they can sleep in it too.

Too often people go "Well what about the starving kids in Africa?" "What about the horribly abused children over in some foreign country?" "Why don't you start caring about the world instead of worrying about yourself?" Oh yeah? And just what can you even do about that? Why complain to us about it when A. You're most likely not doing a damn thing about those situations. And B. What can we realistically do? Sure there are starving kids in Africa, and sure we throw away a lot of food. Want to give all our leftovers to the kids in Africa? Go right ahead. But the food will rot before it even gets off this continent. And who will pay for it? Fuel isn't cheap, and wasting millions worth of fuel to bring rotten food to the kids in Africa isn't exactly a solution that will actually do anything good. Want to give all of our water to the people in Africa to try and help the drought? Then we're the ones who are screwed, in a drought, without water, meanwhile all the war lords in Africa have stolen the water and are hoarding it for themselves. Meanwhile, there'd still be a drought in Africa and people would still be dying without water.

Your right, they were told to evacuate and they should of, I agree. But it`s not their choice that their houses got flooded, or the roof collapsed right? That's like saying it's the people who live in tornado alley's it's their fault they lost their house/car/everything.

Also saying that their is no point in saying "Well what about the starving kids in Africa?" is pointless because nothing is going to happen is JUST as pointless as complaining about hockey not being on, you complaining doesn't change ANYTHING. It's just you complaining. It doesn't solve anything, it just makes you happy because you got to bitch in public about something.

I also didn't say anything about sending water or food to Africa, I was saying their's much bigger issues in the world than hockey not being on.

We seem to care so much about what's happening to us, we don't seem to look around.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duZjjhIs21M&hd=1

48fhih.png

#22 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

Also saying that their is no point in saying "Well what about the starving kids in Africa?" is pointless because nothing is going to happen is JUST as pointless as complaining about hockey not being on, you complaining doesn't change ANYTHING. It's just you complaining. It doesn't solve anything, it just makes you happy because you got to bitch in public about something.

Except for the fact that I don't actually expect anything to be done about me complaining, except it making me feel better and letting others know I agree with them. When you seem to think that we believe that something will be done by us complaining. The only way to do something about it is to have a massive gathering of people get together, march up to the people in charge and tell them that if they don't fix it now, their bank accounts will be drastically hurt. That's the only way to get something done on our schedule. But, frankly, most people, me included, just don't care enough about hockey to actually do anything about it. And you know what? I'm just fine not caring enough to do anything other than piss and moan to like minded people.

#23 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

Except for the fact that I don't actually expect anything to be done about me complaining, except it making me feel better and letting others know I agree with them. When you seem to think that we believe that something will be done by us complaining. The only way to do something about it is to have a massive gathering of people get together, march up to the people in charge and tell them that if they don't fix it now, their bank accounts will be drastically hurt. That's the only way to get something done on our schedule. But, frankly, most people, me included, just don't care enough about hockey to actually do anything about it. And you know what? I'm just fine not caring enough to do anything other than piss and moan to like minded people.

Ok, then I can agree with you, as long as you don`t magically think that they would change it because you want hockey back on.

48fhih.png

#24 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

Ok, then I can agree with you, as long as you don`t magically think that they would change it because you want hockey back on.

Trust me, I've worked retail, I know exactly how much gets done when people piss and moan about something and then expect someone else to fix their problem for them. Posted Image

#25 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Trust me, I've worked retail, I know exactly how much gets done when people piss and moan about something and then expect someone else to fix their problem for them. Posted Image

I have a friend who`s spigen iPhone screen protector broke from going inside to (cold) outside or something, and he wanted to call and bitch at them, I told them they would nt help him if he did that and may blacklist him. He was like "no they wont." Just made me laugh.

Edited by Blade of grass, 03 November 2012 - 04:58 PM.

48fhih.png

#26 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

If you want the slowest service you can possibly get, along with more saliva from more people than you've ever seen before, bitch out the person on the phone. :lol:

If you want actual service, and a real solution, then be polite, understanding, complimentary, and know that no matter what happened, the person on the phone didn't do it, and they don't need to get bitched at for what happened.

#27 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

1. I like lacrosse.

2. I don't care about Africa.

3. I like hockey.

4. Number 3 is why I'm posting here.

#28 IPlaySoccer

IPlaySoccer

Resident Chelsea fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

Don't even get me started on hockey.

Sincerely-

The fan of a team that has only made the playoffs once in the last 16 years.

Also, after lockout necro

Edited by IPlaySoccer, 10 March 2013 - 11:00 PM.

I can be a bit of a smartass and even an a-hole. Please bear with me.

9ca1b1c13c8d04ea.png

#29 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

Why? Why must you do this?

#30 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:12 AM

Pffft Hockey, get a real sport. Like Chess Boxing.....I kid I kid, inb4flameattack

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users