16 replies to this topic

#1 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

Well on the night of September 12th I was riding one of my bikes (03 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 aka my beater project bike) to work. I had a green light at a very busy highway crossing intersection. The coast was clear all cars were Stopped and I proceeded to cross the intersection on my right of way. When all sudden this lady hammered on the gas to turn left. I did my best to avoid her but alas her front right corner contacted my left leg snapping it like a twig and sending my over the bars a good 40 feet i am told before coming to rest on the road still on the main highway unconscious. I actually came out of this relatively well and survived with only sever bruising head to toe some light road rash to my left shoulder and and broken fibula and tibia (shin bones) that both exited the skin in two seperate wounds. Additionally I gashed my right leg open. Obviously this has me off the paintball field for some time as my leg has a few complications since and I still am not allowed any weight on that leg.

So natuarly I now have a hankering to get me a new marker to play with once back in the game. So I thinking (being as I on disability and not making alot now) to sell off a bunch of my gear to fund the purchase. I plan to sell my Tippmann A5, DP E1, and empier Traccer. Along with some barrels a 56ci 4500 tank and a halo 2 hopper. All to fund either a new Tippmann crossover or a coustom automag or kingmans new hammer 7, or a Empire Sniper.

So I need advice. I love mags always have been using them since they ruled the tourney scene. Also love tippmans and the crossover seams the best of both my loves. But on the other hand mag feed is fun and I mostly shoot pump these days.

And lastly if ya wordering my poor little kawasaki was a complete write off the front tire actually punctured the engine casing. The fuel tank was caved in by my body and generally the bike is just a mess. I am told and feel very luck to be alive and even luckier still to have both legs. That being said I will be back on a bike next summer the bike I still have in the garage I Love riding and will nof quite due to this in incident. Yeah it sucks yes this hurts more than I can explain, I still have a whole in my leg as there was not enuff tissue left to close the wound after surgery so I have nurses coming daily to pack the wound so it heals correctly. I have a steel rod hammered into the bone and secured with screws at both ends. But in spite of this motorcycles still mean everything to me and I can not wait to get back on the bike (just maybe a bit slower and with brighter gear). Oh and I also don't hate the lady that hit me it was an accident and I'm sure she feels bad. She did not see me and it's a risk I knew I take when I get on the bike.

But any ways enuff rambling what would you all suggest gun wise. Tippmann Crossover, Coustom Automag, Kingman Hammer 7, or Empire Sniper. Thanks all in advance and sorry for the long post.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#2 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Good luck getting yourself sorted Posted Image

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#3 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

I'd go for a mag. I hear so many good things, and you can still compete. Of course, if you play speedball, you may want to think of something along those lines.
Posted Image

#4 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Sounds like your pretty level headed from reading your thread, good luck getting better.

Personally I would go for the Mag since you could get a pretty bad ass one for the price of a crossover. The crossover would be my next choice (out of the ones given) since its design is based off the automag lol Posted Image)

#5 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

I'd recommend a mag.

But typical woman, not paying attention to people on bikes.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#6 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

I would say Mag and a Kingman Hammer.

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

#7 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Hmm I kinda been leaning toward the Tippmann crossover as it functions like an AGD emag. But it is notably not nearly as cool. I still have a mag in my collection although it's only a upgraded 68 classic. If I go the mag route it be building a new mag from parts I have and buying new stuff as well to build up a second complete coustom mag. And I think that be a buch cooler. But the Tippmann is easier and offers the advantage of The electronics.

But that being said. Most times i out playing I use my Tippmann SL68-II. It is my preferred pump and I enjoy the game alot using it. I have been urged at my local field to give a go at the empire sniper. Even been offered to have it lent to me for the day to try. But I have no fault in my little Tippmann it simply works for me and is easy as pie to use and maintain.

Also the kinsman is just cool. It offers the pump play I have always enjoyed since day one in this sport with the mag feed I just starting to dabble in this year with the purchase of my T8.1.

Lastly. My use for my gear I use it all the same. Is just general all round play. Rec, speed, indoors, outdoors, scenario it's all same to me I enjoy it all.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#8 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,885 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Definitely go the route of the mag, especially if you ever plan on reselling it. If you buy the Tippmann, you lose your ass on resale value. "But man, it's still only a Tippmann, I'll offer you $25 for it." The Mag will have the better resale value, will look cooler, will get you looks on the field, and is such a better idea.

As to the bike, I really hope her insurance company is paying for a new bike and lost wages, so that you don't have to sell your equipment to get your new mag.

#9 picaboo8

picaboo8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

were you wearing a helmet?

#10 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Yes a big reason I still here is I wore quality riding gear and a good full face helmet. My insurance company did cover the bike a bit but I will not be replacing that bike as I still have two more in the garage a Yamaha V Star. And my 2010 Honda CBF600.

As for the lost wages well I get disability threw my work benefits and a bit fro
The auto insurance but still only equates to half my normal earnings. Enuff to get by but not much else.

As for the gun resale. Well I don't tend to sell gear too much. I still own my first two markers. So resale does not concern me too much. I selling off my less used markers to fund this next purchase for two reasons. One I dont use the guns I selling often (only one I really like shooting is the A5 but it chops brittle paint bad so don't get to use it much) and could use the $$ a bit. The other reason is I have a few more guns then I need and would like to down size the collection a bit. I want to keep my three older guns witch don't see use but maybe couple times a year. And my reg use guns I want a pump, a good semi all round use gun, and my pistol for CQB style games.

#11 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,885 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

Your insurance company? Man, if I was in your situation, I'd be pissed if my insurance company had to pay a single cent. Unless of course the woman didn't have insurance, then I'd be more than happy to let my insurance company pay. The only thing that bugs me is they're allowed to make your rates skyrocket, even when it's not your fault. But at least they're giving you some money for the bike and your medical bills are hopefully being taken care of.

As to the marker, I'd still go Automag, even though you're not planning on reselling it, but I am an AGD fanboy, so I'm really biased. :lol: The thing with a Crossover is you get just that, a Crossover. Your Crossover will look like every other Crossover, and it will be really bland and boring. But with an Automag, you can make it as unique as you want. My goal, once I get a job and money, is to get a warp left body, cut the back half off and replace it with carbon fiber, get a Deadly Wind carbon fiber barrel and front grip, either an Airwalk frame or a 90* frame, an X-Valve, and a nice looking ASA. Figure it will cost me about $600 or so, when all is said and done, depending on what rail I get, but it will look gorgeous, and it will be all mine. Then I'll send it out for a custom anno, possibly some lasering, and I'll be the only person in the world that has what I have. With a Crossover, your's will look like the next guys.

#12 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

True. I think I have ruled out the pumps. I Going to price out the parts I need for the mag I want to build and compare cost to a new crossover. If the mags not too much more I prolly go that route as well can't have too many mags lol. My current mag started as just a 68 Automag I picked up back when it WAS the turny gun of choich. It has gone threw many changes over the years. It's one of my favorite shooters. But I really miss the rt coustom I sold years ago when I thought I was finished with main stream paintbal.

As for insurance ya it kinda sucks. But some of the money is coming from the ladies insurance as she has been charged with carless driving. There were many witnesses and some of witch I credit with helping to save my life and leg. Cause when I came too laying on the highway a bunch of people were there at my side offering comforting words and holding me still to prevent me hurting myself further untill the paramedics showed up. As for my medical bills yes the stuff not covered by the Canadian government is covered by either my benefits my auto insurance or the ladys insurance.

Edited by TinyBear, 04 November 2012 - 02:05 AM.

#13 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,885 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:15 AM

A good quality automag shouldn't cost too much more than the Crossover, just so long as you don't get too crazy with it. A warped one like mine is probably worth around $450-500, depending on how quickly the seller wants to move it.

#14 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

I'd go the route of a pnuemag just for the sheer badassery :tup:

TechPB Feedback 2/0/0 MCB Feedback 1/0/0 PBN Feedback 1/0/0
Buy My Cocker Pump! Sexilicious Tri-Fade Dragon FST

University of Michigan, Go Wolverines

#15 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Just to comment on the resale- tippmanns generally go for decent money around here locally. Its an entirely different story on these paintball sites. The only problem im weary about is that it looks like an full out electro and might not be as recognizable as a tippmann to somebody who doesnt know any better (this person would be looking for a tippmann locally).

I dont really know how to explain this but to sum up you wouldnt be able to sell it on paintball sites because tippmann are too well known for what they are truly known on here, and it might be hard to sell locally because it does not look like the average milsim tippy

#16 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

I've always wanted to get a bike and motorcycle license but people these days are so oblivious that I dont want to die. Its good to know you got away with only that.

I would go automag though. They are easier on paint than tippmanns, smaller, and more unique. Everyone and their brother has a tippmann.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#17 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

Well i ordered some parts for my automag leaving me with enuff to reassemble my original 68 classic i bought all those years ago. Thanx all for the advice.

Turned out to be cheaper than the Crossover or the Sniper and well i just love Mags. So the parts came in and i assembled the two mags and snapped a quick pic.

Posted Image

Edited by TinyBear, 20 November 2012 - 04:17 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users