45 replies to this topic

#1 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

Well, one thing I've always worked to do is to help the players on TechPB out. Whether it was working in the BST, giving advice, chasing down scammers or even just basic things like helping with sigs and image posting. Well, now fortunately there is one more thing I can help players with and that's advice and support for your teams. I'm not an expert and I'm not an industry type, however I feel I can give better than typical insight into how to benefit your team in a few different aspects. We are a scenario team with a good group of former competitive speedballers and several very experienced players. We are based in Canada with one player from the US and we play most of the major games in Ontario and attended Living Legends this year. Next year we anticipate a minimum of 4 US events including LL, 2 games at EMR and one at GRC Paintball.

Our sponsors include,

TechPB - Factory team
Vanguard - Flagship scenario team
PBL Approved/Recon Paintball - Flagship scenario team
Crazy Bill's Paintball - Home team
Stiffi
Pinokio
The Catshack Reports
FANZ/Ezcreation (Will soon be renamed)
Oringmonkey.com

One thing I can tell you is that one thing which makes sponsorships easier and more lucrative is having an "in". The paintball industry is a small one, just about everyone is interconnected within it. Once you get into that circuit if you do well for them it will likely bring other deals down the line.

Another thing I'll tell you is this, do not expect free gear, do not expect cash or to be paid to play, most sponsorships are basically a volume discount, anything more than that is earned, not given.

------------------------------------

Like 4 Like

To help build up your team's profile a successful team page on Facebook to help build those up feel free to post up a link to your team's fan page or group on Facebook and in turn the players using this thread and the teams participating in this sharing of info should feel an obligation to support the other teams taking part. To advance the sport, the players and the team we should all bond together and support each other, if we can all work together EVERYONE will ultimately benefit. So, feel free to reply with your questions and when you do include a link to your Facebook and I'll update this thread with them in a list with the team's name and the links.

------------------------------------

Teams

Citrus Connection

Citrus Connection Facebook

Devil Dogs

http://www.facebook....intball?fref=ts

New England Insidious

http://www.facebook....sidious?fref=ts

Bad Company

http://www.facebook....BadCoPB?fref=ts

Brew City Bomb Squad

http://www.facebook....intball?fref=ts

SD Riot

https://www.facebook.com/sdrpb

Natural Born Killers (NBK)

https://www.facebook...?ref=ts&fref=ts

Stratus

http://www.facebook....tratusPaintball

#2 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,919 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

There ya go, already liked Citrus Connection and Insidious, but I liked Devil Dogs and Bad Company for ya too. :tup:

#3 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

Don't have a facebook but I subscribed to your youtube channel. Posted Image

#4 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

I already have liked Citrus Connection, added Devil Dogs and BC, wouldn't mind a like for Brew City Bomb Squad.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#5 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

Added you guys to the list =)

#6 Karnokr

Karnokr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

Already liked Citrus and Brew City, played with you guys at LLV. I'll have to add the others. Social networking does have it's benefits. Our team is Hand of Fate based out of western PA/ Northeast Ohio. Check out our facebook page. We try and keep it pretty active.

I have a question for you Orange- how do you get all the team members on the same page as far as equipment goes?

Hand of Fate Scenario Paintball Team

http://www.facebook....s/HOFpaintball/

#7 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

http://www.youtube.c...e&v=ww5GXbk58R0

Edited by madsnipes, 03 November 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#8 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

Karnokr, I already have liked the team Hand of Fate page, and I look forward to playing with ya again at LL 6!

#9 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

Already liked Citrus and Brew City, played with you guys at LLV. I'll have to add the others. Social networking does have it's benefits. Our team is Hand of Fate based out of western PA/ Northeast Ohio. Check out our facebook page. We try and keep it pretty active.

I have a question for you Orange- how do you get all the team members on the same page as far as equipment goes?

In regards to getting guys in line with gear it's going to be a bit different from team to team but this is something you just have to gauge yourself. What my team does is we settled on Vanguard as a gun sponsor and told the guys they can shoot Demons or Creeds, the Creed is the cheaper option with them selling at $450ish also good for guys who 100% prefer poppets. We also however have an agreement with Frank that guys only have to shoot a Vanguard if they're shooting an electro. Our guys are also allowed to shoot any pump, mech, cocker, FSR capable or any other niche gun if they like as well since it's not a competing item with Vanguard products, we also have a few dedicated pumpers.

Aside from that I told my guys from day one that I will never seek a soft goods or mask sponsor for the team. Reason being is that they're items that you have to wear all day sometimes 2 days in a row playing for 8-9 hours. That is their personal comfort and I'm not going to force people to wear something they don't want to. Yes, we could get soft goods and masks cheaper if we were sponsored but those extra few dollars of savings, let's assume max saving of $100 per year is not worth a season of bitching and discomfort lol. With Pinokio we have an agreement that a certain percentage shoots Pinokios, so at the end of the day it isn't all about your team making sacrifices to get savings, you can often work out deals that better fit your team with sponsors.

Another way to get a variety of items on your team is to deal with a shop or better yet (price wise) a wholesaler. Reason for this is that they'll carry a variety of different brands and if you're sponsored by them they'll likely be cool with your guys wearing anything they carry. We're now sponsored by PBL Approved which is a large wholesaler in Canada, they also own the CXBL and AXBL. For soft goods and masks they carry,

VForce
Empire

Though given our relationship with PBL and the PBL shop we represent Recon Paintball they are not forcing us to wear only those brands, they are cool with us using whatever we currently own and I doubt they'll enforce strict branding on us. Many sponsors will force exclusivity on teams to bring up their own sales, PBL doesn't on us because the primary role we serve is to promote PBL and it's events and products.

For soft goods they have Exalt, HK and GI and I believe through dealing with PE and Empire they could get those soft goods in too but they don't actively stock them on the shelves, at least in Recon anyway. They vary their stock from location to location to a degree and also based on what the shop's "basis" is, Recon is mostly xball, where as Ripple is mostly Milsim.

By better building your team's reputation and your reach (Facebook, youtube, forums) as well as how well known you are in general the better of a position you put yourself in to negotiate. Most companies however, at least the ones I've dealt with have been very reasonable and quite flexible.

#10 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

I Liked citrus and the bomb squad with wasilla splatterhouse young guns.
Our team is shooting demons this year. I couldn't be more happy with them.

#11 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

Very cool, have any pics of them?

#12 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,954 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

awww thanks for adding my team Joshie :)

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#13 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

*Hugs*

*Squeezes bum*

*Slaps Abby's hand away*

I'm married!

#14 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,954 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

;)

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#15 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

Interesting way about going about gun sponsor Orange, my guys and I are seeking a gun sponsor ourselves, though we may have our in shortly, and we are looking at going strictly mag-fed for a sponsor.

Can't wait to run with ya'll at LL6, and hopefully next year we'll be getting a chance to get up to Canada and play at PRZ and a few other places.

#16 speedballer001

speedballer001

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

Orange is a great guy to deal with, my team is deciding on sponsors and I am really leaning toward Vanguard. We were talking on facebook and it happened to come up and he said he would help us if we do want to go down that route.

Sorry for the wait man my team captain takes forever to make up her mind haha.

#17 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Interesting way about going about gun sponsor Orange, my guys and I are seeking a gun sponsor ourselves, though we may have our in shortly, and we are looking at going strictly mag-fed for a sponsor.

Can't wait to run with ya'll at LL6, and hopefully next year we'll be getting a chance to get up to Canada and play at PRZ and a few other places.

You should also think of coming to Tippmann Challenge in Ottawa at Commando Paintball, it's an EPIC field and a lot of magfed played there as well, from what I hear it's an amazing game, we'll be there next year.

Orange is a great guy to deal with, my team is deciding on sponsors and I am really leaning toward Vanguard. We were talking on facebook and it happened to come up and he said he would help us if we do want to go down that route.

Sorry for the wait man my team captain takes forever to make up her mind haha.

No biggie man, it's a big decision to make.

#18 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Well so far our plan is (tenatively) Living Legends 6, PRZ Asylum, and then PRZ for Operation Honey Badger, but we'll check out that TIppman World Challenge for sure.

#19 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Talked with some people today, looks like we have LL6 in May, and PRZ in October, with another possible game at Blast Camp

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#20 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

https://www.facebook.com/sdrpb

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#21 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

Added your team to the list =)

#22 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

https://www.facebook...?ref=ts&fref=ts
NBK :)

#23 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

Now that the crash has been taken care of figured I'd bring this back. For teams interested in events we'll be attending for LL and Western Wars we'll be teamed up with the Devil Dogs, Bad Company, Brew City Bomb Squad and Team FEAR.

#24 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

We are trying to make it to legends this year, but I'm the only one going for sure.

Pics of demons
Posted Image

Posted Image

and I had a captain america avalanche demon, but I traded it for a purple and black.

#25 H all day

H all day

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

Wow i cant belive how much prz has grown!!!
I pay for all my gear...Im 13.If your under 18 and pay for your gear, put this section in your sig
Proud Christian Paintballer!!

#26 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

Now that the crash has been taken care of figured I'd bring this back. For teams interested in events we'll be attending for LL and Western Wars we'll be teamed up with the Devil Dogs, Bad Company, Brew City Bomb Squad and Team FEAR.

Just heard from Honu that Ohana PB will be making the trip out for Western Wars in June too. So we'll show you all how to party Bucky Style :)

Edited by TooTallNiCo, 24 November 2012 - 01:10 PM.

#27 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

Yeah Honu is playing with Barnie.

#28 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

Yeah Honu is playing with Barnie.

There is only one game in the past two and a half years where us in the Bomb Squad have played on the same side as Honu. I swear the paintball gods must want us to shoot each other at every given moment

#29 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Just like all the pages as SD Riot. Please like us back!

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#30 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

Coming from the other side of the response as a player, Getting everyone in a single mind set isnt hard when everyone is willing, and understanding of the situation, When we all got together the first thing we all voiced was that we dont want a "sponsor" as much as we want a partner. I know that I want to grow and develop as a player, and having someone who wishes to adventure and grow means that together we can reach both our goals by helping each other.

Also, Orange is a nice guy.... i know he can be scary. sometimes downright terrifying. but he gives us options, and everyone's voice (while maybe not as.... loud) is equal to his own. and that makes a big difference when everyone is open to a different point of view

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#31 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,806 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

Lies, he beats us with bamboo sticks slathered in KY jelly and BBQ sauce until we submit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

40k-1.png

#32 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Sounds like someone has started thinking for themselves

You know the punishments

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#33 Forrest

Forrest

It's gonna be a bloodbath!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Please not the Mayonnaise torture again.

Anything but that, I'll be a good boy, I promise.

#34 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

Hey, so I didn't read this all the way through (it's 3 am and I need to go to sleep, promise I'll come back and read it tomorrow after classes). But I'm assuming it's a like for like type of thing using social networking, which is awesome. My team just started this past season and we have a facebook page but not much else yet. I'll post more info and a link to it tomorrow, as well as go through and like all the teams both as myself and the team page.

Edit: Alright, I read through the original post completely and like the idea. Here's a little bit of information about my team: Stratus.

We are currently a local area tournament team only that just started this past season. The members of the team are all university students at Colorado State University which severely limits our ability to travel and play, so we do what we can locally. Several of us have been playing paintball for awhile, however last year was our first year in the speedball circuit of the sport. We play because we love the sport and the competition is extremely fun and energizing. In our first year we took 3rd place in our local tournament series at the entry, or rookie, level. Next year we hope to continue to learn and improve as we move up a division to the Novice level where we will compete with more teams and hopefully learn a lot.

We are Stratus and our page on facebook is: http://www.facebook....tratusPaintball

Edited by zchrit23, 26 November 2012 - 06:35 PM.

#35 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Added you to the list.

As for my team posting in here, I will get the jar of peanut butter full of broken glass and it WON'T be for fun this time!

#36 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

I like pointy things... ;)
Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#37 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Axis of Evil

Posted Image

Edited by madsnipes, 07 January 2013 - 08:31 PM.

#38 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,954 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

been a while, figured I would bump this. Any new Techpb teams emerging for the 2013 season?

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#39 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Not that I've heard of... But that peanut butter with the broken glass REALLY stung...

Posted Image

My Moderator Application: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=196721

#40 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

Had our first team meeting this weekend. Being a bunch of poor college kids makes it hard to have a solid roster haha. We all are dirt poor. Oh well, anyone got any suggestions for good custom jersey work that we can get done for a good price? We do not need the best of the best, just some simple custom work.

#41 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

If you are all dirt poor, I'd suggest either buying an off-the-rack jersey that you can all agree on so that you all have the same colour and design, or opting for a semi-custom jersey, which many places offer as a less expensive alternative :)

Posted Image

My Moderator Application: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=196721

#42 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

If you could add Kaiserslautern Legion to the thread? We are a all U.S. military team ballin' in Germany. We will be playing in the DPL & XPSL (5 man CTF, uncapped semi/15bps semi) and we will also be participating in the Veckring Big Game in France in May. The support of the TechPB community would be awesome and we will be sure to support anyone who's team is connected to TechPB. Thanks!

http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#43 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

If you are all dirt poor, I'd suggest either buying an off-the-rack jersey that you can all agree on so that you all have the same colour and design, or opting for a semi-custom jersey, which many places offer as a less expensive alternative :)

another option would be long sleeve t's... like what vicious uses for practice... or used to anyway

Aww orange i'm hurt.... Fatal Reaction Paintball

http://www.facebook....ps/13667131289/

yea we've been around and reformated so many times lol, right now were 4 guys and trying to get some more cash flow and are really about the only team shooting old school stuff. ALL IMPULSE'S lol

#44 zchrit23

zchrit23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

Well, it is our second season and we all agreed that it was time for a more appropriate jersey. Not all of us are dirt dirt poor because we have nice summer jobs and we are willing to pitch a bit extra for something that will last longer and look nicer.

#45 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Had our first team meeting this weekend. Being a bunch of poor college kids makes it hard to have a solid roster haha. We all are dirt poor. Oh well, anyone got any suggestions for good custom jersey work that we can get done for a good price? We do not need the best of the best, just some simple custom work.

Go buy yourself matching longsleeve shirts from walmart. Save money to play instead of wasting it on looking pretty on the field.

#46 Dave1234

Dave1234

Redballs...its cocaine in a can

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

customink.com makes custom long sleeve shirts. my team just ordered some from them

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users