8 replies to this topic

#1 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

I currently have a GOG eNVY and I am looking to upgrade. I have a halo B and a 70x45 carbon fiber air tank and an Invert avatar mask, so everything else is covered.

I have been looking at an empire axe for quite sometime now, waiting for the price to drop, because the axe is a pretty good midrange marker. Well then i was browsing through the BST andI didnt realize that I could get the 2012 Alien invasion for so cheap!

Now what I have heard about the invasion i really like! I really havent heard many negative things, but I am guessing thats do to not very many people owning them. I heard they are like an ego10? Anyways I am basically looking for a nice gun for around 450, no more than 500. I am a college student and need to save money.

So I guess the overall question is: Is there any reason why I shouldnt get the 2012 alien invasion used? And if so, what might be a better option?

I dont mind buying used at all, I just want a good performing marker that has pretty easy maintance and is easy extremely reliable.

I plan on buying, afterwards, a 68x4500 and a rotor probably but thats down the road.

Thanks!

DM12, 2011 Alien Independence, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

#2 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

here is my gripe with alien markers.

i met jack in 2007 at world cup and hes a hell of a nice guy. Alien markers, for what they are, aren't even bad markers.
But to me, the reason i've never owned one or even tried to get my hands on one is simple- they are so few and far between at fields.

you might think thats great, since a lot of people like to be "original" or "stand out". but the problem is that if your gun goes down, you are out of luck if its anything involving a little gun savvy or a new part.
Very few fields carry parts on hand and more importantly, there arent a lot of "gurus" out there that will be able to identify the problem quickly. So if your gun isn't working, you're either sitting out the whole day or using your back up.
with a PE or Dye gun, i would bet you money you have at least 1 guy at your field that can diagnose and fix a problem within a few minutes. i'd bet even more money that your local pro-shop has parts on hand for egos, geos, and/or DMs, but not Alien.

Now, im not trying to say that Alien guns are unreliable, complicated, or hard to work on. All guns can go down.
My point is that IF there is a problem, its a little more involved to get parts or support.

with $500 to spend, you have a TON of markers in your range.
DM6-10s, Ego 5-9s, Geos, Shockers, Macdev Droid/Drones, Axe, etc.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#3 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

Aliens are cool guns, and from what I've heard, great customer service. There really isn't a reason to not buy one, and I've never heard of one going down.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#4 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

Personally I like them, but like what was said above, learn your marker. Even my markers that are common parts to fix(shocker, Ego, 'Mag) I wont leave the house without a full O-ring/parts kit, and a back up marker or a few. So that being said, be ready for when it goes down and you'll be fine, I'm not saying that it will, but you'll have t.
Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

#5 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

i met jack in 2007 at world cup and hes a hell of a nice guy. Alien markers, for what they are, aren't even bad markers.
But to me, the reason i've never owned one or even tried to get my hands on one is simple- they are so few and far between at fields.

you might think thats great, since a lot of people like to be "original" or "stand out". but the problem is that if your gun goes down, you are out of luck if its anything involving a little gun savvy or a new part.
Very few fields carry parts on hand and more importantly, there arent a lot of "gurus" out there that will be able to identify the problem quickly. So if your gun isn't working, you're either sitting out the whole day or using your back up.
with a PE or Dye gun, i would bet you money you have at least 1 guy at your field that can diagnose and fix a problem within a few minutes. i'd bet even more money that your local pro-shop has parts on hand for egos, geos, and/or DMs, but not Alien.

Now, im not trying to say that Alien guns are unreliable, complicated, or hard to work on. All guns can go down.
My point is that IF there is a problem, its a little more involved to get parts or support.

with $500 to spend, you have a TON of markers in your range.

Yeah that is my only fear. That they are such a small company, that if one does go down, I would be SOL.

#6 misterkyle

misterkyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

Its a stack tubed poppet, its not gonna give you issues. Even if it did, its not like it would be any harder to work on then a ego.

#7 TheBossManLtDan

TheBossManLtDan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Its a stack tubed poppet, its not gonna give you issues. Even if it did, its not like it would be any harder to work on then a ego.

^^^^^ this. Alien markers are really efficient and extremely smooth, especially considering the price. They are the easiest to maintain markers that I've dealt with so far (and I trade quite a bit).

#8 PrimeTimePred

PrimeTimePred

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

Jacks got a few youtube vids that show how to do EVERYTHING to the gun hould anything go wrong, so like with any other gun, Learn it before you take it out to the field! I personally have a 2012 Invasion as my primary marker and i LOVE it, haven't had a single problem yet! This thing really does shoot smooth, get one used an u wont be dissapointed, PM me if u have any questions about em

#9 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

Awesome! thanks guys, ill probably get one around Christmas time once I get the money! thanks for the help

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users