• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Grayson Paintball

Grayson Paintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

i reallly like both and they both feed fast and good but cant decide?

#2 TheGreat

TheGreat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Z2 because it won't jam with cheap paint like the Rotor does.

#3 misterkyle

misterkyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

v3 rotors don't have the jamming issues

#4 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

Whichever one you think looks better. They both have positives and negatives that pretty much equal out. I love the rotor, and it hasn't given me any problems. The battery life is fantastic, too.
FEEDBACK +10

"Inspiration, by it's definition, comes very quickly." - Jack Wood

#5 TheGreat

TheGreat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

v3 rotors don't have the jamming issues

Try telling that to my V3 Rotor.

#6 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

rotors vary from piece to piece. Ive had 2 v3 rotors, 1 jammed like no tomorrow and one worked flawlessly on the same settings.

I think z2 is the far superior loader though.its slightly more complicated but it is far more consistent than the rotor.

Cant go wrong with either choice

#7 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

I say rotor. Super sleep and has the following. I have a v3 and was just shooting 35bps through by G4 today with no issues or jamming. Plus it looks smexy Posted Image

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#8 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

rotors vary from piece to piece. Ive had 2 v3 rotors, 1 jammed like no tomorrow and one worked flawlessly on the same settings.

I think z2 is the far superior loader though.its slightly more complicated but it is far more consistent than the rotor.

The rotor has settings?

#9 slipknot414

slipknot414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

The rotor has settings?

I don't think so...?
Does it?

#10 -Taz-

-Taz-

Mahna Mahna!

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

You can adjust stack tension on a rotor
Don't Be A Chump! Buy a Pump!

"Oh my god! Zombie Horses! We'd be fucked!"

#11 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

You can adjust stack tension on a rotor

Correct.

There is a tension setting.

#12 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

Z2 is also better because of

Posted Image

#13 EMPIRE EMPEROR

EMPIRE EMPEROR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

I see Rotors jam all the time at my field ( I am a Ref ) That said, I would still rather have the rotor.

The Z2 has to have the Paintballs at the back of the loader to feed, and since when people run or rest or pretty much anytime your not shooting the gun is facing down. This makes all the paintballs go forward and makes this happen.

As you can see you will have to tilt or shake your gun back to get the last few shots.

You can easily tell he uses the Z2 often because he instantly tries to do it with the rotor when it runs out of paint; but since the rotor feeds from the center, the paintballs are always where you need them. :tup:

Edited by EMPIRE EMPEROR, 05 November 2012 - 11:13 AM.

#14 AT3256

AT3256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

They're both fantastic loaders. When it comes to the Big Four (Spire, Rotor, Z2, Pinokio) you really can't make a bad choice. Pick the one you think would look the best on your gun.

#15 Rollieelmo

Rollieelmo

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Pick 2 things you want in a loader, and 1 thing you wanna avoid.
Rockin' Cocks Revolution
MCB Feedback - Techpb feedback - PBN Feedback

#16 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

I see Rotors jam all the time at my field ( I am a Ref ) That said, I would still rather have the rotor.

The Z2 has to have the Paintballs at the back of the loader to feed, and since when people run or rest or pretty much anytime your not shooting the gun is facing down. This makes all the paintballs go forward and makes this happen.

As you can see you will have to tilt or shake your gun back to get the last few shots.

You can easily tell he uses the Z2 often because he instantly tries to do it with the rotor when it runs out of paint; but since the rotor feeds from the center, the paintballs are always where you need them. :tup:

No actually the rotor does this too because these loaders have a flatter tray in which the balls sit on. Pretty much all rotor user will say this happens to them too. The only loader that never really has this trouble is the pinokio since the loader ramps from both the back and the front.

This generally doesnt matter though while your playing your generally moving your marker enough to circulate the paintballs enough to constantly feed. It only really happens when you do shooting videos because you really dont move your marker from the 1 position.

#17 TerranRanger

TerranRanger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Personally, I've used a Rotor, but not a Z-2. I love my Pinokio way over my Rotor. I would take it to the grave. It's so nice. Never had a jam, or a break in my hopper. Not to mention the battery life is amazing on it, using 2 9Volts. I also enjoy that it is able to use a halo speed feed. The Pinokio Nose attachment is also nice for any woodsball or scenarios you may play. AND the price is cheaper!

Edited by TerranRanger, 05 November 2012 - 04:57 PM.

#18 EMPIRE EMPEROR

EMPIRE EMPEROR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

No actually the rotor does this too because these loaders have a flatter tray in which the balls sit on. Pretty much all rotor user will say this happens to them too. The only loader that never really has this trouble is the pinokio since the loader ramps from both the back and the front.

This generally doesnt matter though while your playing your generally moving your marker enough to circulate the paintballs enough to constantly feed. It only really happens when you do shooting videos because you really dont move your marker from the 1 position.

Rotor only has about 5 shots if they do happen to not all feed, which is not that big of a deal; I have used a Halo TOO loader witch uses the same basic design as the Z2 and it has become problem when 20 shots are not being used, you are correct on the moving part but when you are stationary pinning someone down, it is an issue.

The Pinokio does seem to work the best at this issue, unless you have the nose cone on...

#19 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Rotor only has about 5 shots if they do happen to not all feed, which is not that big of a deal; I have used a Halo TOO loader witch uses the same basic design as the Z2 and it has become problem when 20 shots are not being used, you are correct on the moving part but when you are stationary pinning someone down, it is an issue.

The Pinokio does seem to work the best at this issue, unless you have the nose cone on...

I guess Ive personally never had a trouble with the balls sticking in the front of the nose unless im just shootin.

#20 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

Z2 is also better because of

Posted Image

:lol:

And why is everyone whining about the last few balls not feeding?Why would you wait until their are less the 20 balls left to reload anyways?

Edited by paintballguy2255, 05 November 2012 - 06:39 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users