Photo

What do you dislike/hate the most about playing Sat/Sun Walkons?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 ContractKiller11

ContractKiller11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

People asking to try/use my markers
People with their "leet" Tippmanns thinking they are amazing
People trying to use paintball grenades and screw up eliminating someone on their team

I'll add some later on as well
Guns- DM8, Karnivore, BT-4, EGO 6, NightCast, Ion Fully Uped, Geo 2.1

#2 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

nobody showing up to play

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#3 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Not getting to play airball, either because teams are using the field or the milsimmers and woodsballers hate it.
Uneven teams.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#4 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

I never mind this. I also ask to shoot other people's markers regularly when new stuff comes out...and I let them try any of mine.

I dislike people who are unsafe.

Edited by Sydarm, 03 November 2012 - 10:16 PM.

#5 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

I never mind this. I also ask to shoot other people's markers regularly when new stuff comes out...and I let them try any of mine.

i agree with this, if im not using it, then i give it to random people to use

#6 southern boy

southern boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

the rentals that decide to follow right behind me into my bunker the whole day because im "pro" as the rentals say lawl

Edited by southern boy, 03 November 2012 - 10:22 PM.

#7 ContractKiller11

ContractKiller11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

I dislike people who are unsafe.

Complete randoms or people you actually know? I can see people you know or have seen there, but randoms I wouldn't trust..

#8 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

People who play rec ball like it's a tournament, especially when it's before the advanced and beginners have split.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#9 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

People who play rec ball like it's a tournament, especially when it's before the advanced and beginners have split.

This.It annoys the hell out of me when I am trying to have fun and some guy is screaming "MOVE UP!!!MOVE UP!!!"at the renters who look like they are about to shit their pants.

Anyways,it also annoys me when people with spyders/tippmanns tell the renters that their gun is so much better than an electro(say,a pmr)because of some bullshit like "the angled feedneck makes it feed faster"or some other stuff like that.

And those packs that are sideways or those ones that look like literal pod pouches.

Wow,I'm an angrier person than I thought

#10 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

Lazy refs who don't want to use the big field because that means they have to walk more.
People who think it's ok to use two-year-old paint that's hard as rocks because it came from the field at some point.
Newbs who take it literally when I tell them to "stay close" and try to follow me into a mini-dorito or other tiny bunker.
People who help themselves to my paint.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#11 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

When people take their masks off in a game, or their barrel covers in the staging area.
People not using the mandatory surrender rule against children or renters.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#12 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

Lazy refs who don't want to use the big field because that means they have to walk more.

If it actually is because they have to walk more, that are lazy, but usually I hate to ref the large fields. It can become very hard to keep track of everybody, and if a situation arises, it is more difficult to take care of.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#13 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

Someone brought legit monster balls to my field two weeks ago. True story.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#14 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

did they not discontinue them more than a year ago?

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#15 ContractKiller11

ContractKiller11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

When people take their masks off in a game, or their barrel covers in the staging area.

Oh yes, this is a huge pet peeve.. I mean are people really that gullible to think since their out they can never be hit?

#16 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

did they not discontinue them more than a year ago?

They did. That doesn't change the fact that someone actually brought monsterballs to the field.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#17 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Oh yes, this is a huge pet peeve.. I mean are people really that gullible to think since their out they can never be hit?

Not even when they are out, I've seen it mid game, while they are shooting at someone.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#18 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

Bad teams. Like unfair amounts of experianced players on one team. Makes for shitty games and not having enough people.

#19 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

the rentals that decide to follow right behind me into my bunker the whole day because im "pro" as the rentals say lawl

this cuz i have speedball stuff on lol had 3 of them follow me the entire way up the field one day i was like umm k.... lol was kinda funny though

If they talk shit, make them eat it.

#20 ecoballer

ecoballer

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

People getting pissed off after they decline my surrender and i pop em in the belly

#21 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

I don't play with walk-ons anymore. Most of the walk-ons that come to my field are 12 years old. I don't think that it's fair for me to be 18 years old and use an Ego.
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#22 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

If it actually is because they have to walk more, that are lazy, but usually I hate to ref the large fields. It can become very hard to keep track of everybody, and if a situation arises, it is more difficult to take care of.

Oh there are more than enough refs to cover the whole field; they just don't want to. I've heard several of them say point-blank they didn't feel like hiking across the big woods field.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#23 pb-adrian

pb-adrian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

Seeing as im more in the "beginners" spectrum one thing that really pisses me off big big time are those walk on players who think they are "pros" and take it upon themselves to try and lead the team. No, i dont mean like giving suggestions on where to go or tips and pointers on how to play or telling you if someones outside your line of vision and to be aware of them, that's totally fine with me and i appreciate that sort of stuff but i dont like it when they bark orders at you like they're your superior in the military. It's really many peoples' first time playing and this yelling orders scares em off, they're there to have fun and experience the game and guy over there with his valken pants and valken jersey shooting his Ego(ha thats another thing, their damn cockiness and ego) kills the whole experience for them, who wants to go somewhere where they are told exactly what to do and where to go and how to play? and to top it off if they don't listen they try giving them hell for it. Thats total bullshit, give suggestions, pointers, tips whatever but dont go off trying to order someone to DO something, it's not cool at all, everyone hates that. Also some of the time those "pros" arent on my team and damn do i see some wipers haha, i got one damn "pro" once on the arm, asshole lights me up with the marker that makes him and wipes saying he tagged me and i didnt tag him when i clearly saw bright pink paint on the black sleeve of his jersey, fucking wipers HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE TO ALL OF THEM OUT THERE!!! Next game, same thing, i went after him, clear break on his chest, bright pink paint, he lights me up i get out and call him out as im walking and the asshole says "it didnt break, im still in" when i hit him from no further than 10-15 feet and i saw the bright pink paint. This is someething many times seen on walk ons because those "pros" think they can get away with wiping without a hitch (and many times they do) so they keep doing it. This has got to be the number one thing to hate, poser pros playing weekend recball/walkons :mad:

#24 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

Considering I'm a 7 year weekend walk-on, there's not a whole lot I dislike as I'm completely used to it.

There's still a few though:
  • Guys who play to just rush and light up new players.
  • Entire teams who just wait in ambush in the very back of large fields.
  • Groups of people who are afraid to play me because I look too good. Apparently this equates to paintball pro.
  • Video game references (notably Call of Doody)

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#25 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,636 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

I don't see the big deal about asking to use peoples guns. I asked to use some kids Ion once and he was like "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" and walked away from where we were sitting.

He mad.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#26 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

Well not a whole lot really. I been plain walk on for the better part of 14 years.

One thing I do find annoying is the guys showing up to the fields with highends setting there guns to psp ramping and lighting up the renters. It's complete bs not fair and more so very unsportsmanlike. Often when that's the case I offer some of the upset renters the use of one of my guns.

I also laugh at the guys who talk smack about my choich in markers. I happen to like shooting lower end guns. I can (once back to work from my current injuries) afford any of the latest gear. But then I sit there and don't play all out as I do not wish to damage a expensive fancy gun. But I shoot my low ends and I find myself far more willing to push harder risk more and generally do far better than if I were using a fancy high end gun.

Edited by TinyBear, 04 November 2012 - 02:41 PM.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#27 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,814 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

There's nobody who can put up any kind of challenge, therefor it gets boring rather quickly.

#28 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

People who take walk on days too seriously...
People who look at you and think you suck because you are a kid with a nice gun.
Hardcore woodsball players who dislike you because you are a "speedballer" even though i only play woods...

Edited by XxJellyFilledxX, 04 November 2012 - 02:47 PM.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#29 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Every time I get carried away and find myself in the 50 dorito against a bunch of walkons.
Luckily I almost always remember to one ball them instead of doing my usual "DIE MOTHERFUCKER, DIE!" ritual.

#30 southern boy

southern boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

haha!^^^

#31 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

Every time I get carried away and find myself in the 50 dorito against a bunch of walkons.
Luckily I almost always remember to one ball them instead of doing my usual "DIE MOTHERFUCKER, DIE!" ritual.

You mean you aren't supposed to sacrifice renters on the alter of the 50 dorito?

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#32 ContractKiller11

ContractKiller11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Considering I'm a 7 year weekend walk-on, there's not a whole lot I dislike as I'm completely used to it.

• Groups of people who are afraid to play me because I look too good. Apparently this equates to paintball pro.

Yep, love when people ask if they can "borrow" some "bullets".. First off I'll never see those balls ever again and secondly BUY YOUR OWN! Now to clarify this is just for noobs, if a friends needs more paint I'll obviously give it to them or people who know what they are doing.

#33 ContractKiller11

ContractKiller11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

I don't see the big deal about asking to use peoples guns. I asked to use some kids Ion once and he was like "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" and walked away from where we were sitting.

He mad.

Do you walk up to people asking if you can try their car? No. I mean it's njo big deal if it's a friend or someone you know, but a random just coming up asking to test your $1400 gun, no.

#34 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Playing with people that think they were are the business. And those same people putting people down that aren't the best. And those same people dropping f bombs because thats the only adjective/verb in there vocabulary.

One of these days I'm gonna shoot one of them in the back of the head off the break on accident.

#35 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

I let someone I didn't really know use my high end pump for the day.

I don't like some of the attitudes of some players, I go out to have a nice time, not to get my jimmies rustled.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#36 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

People who do not understand that since we're in intermediate, me surrendering them is totally legal, and then they proceed to scream and light my dick up with paintballs.
Guys who obviously ramp: *pop pop pop POPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOP*
Lazy refs.
Not enough people.
Unfair teams.
The fact that Arizona is a desert, and there will never be a comfortable ground to stand on. It's always dusty sand and hard dirt. Not even the nice brown type of dirt. I mean the really light tan type of hard sandstone like dirt. Mixed with numerous gravel and sharp edges of the miniscule rocks, otherwise known as "morningstars", being in a position thats close to the ground and not standing straight up means minutes of burning hot, sharp pain. Hard as hell to play snake, dorito, etc.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#37 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Lack of safety for me. A few weeks ago the group that showed up was consistently lifting their masks and didn't use barrel condoms because they had safeties. One of em tagging their trigger in the staging area was even better.
Posted Image

#38 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

pace..

players take FOREVER to come back on the field

#39 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

Playing against renters or gun owners who are relatively new, just feels unfair and I feel bad shooting them, especially the renters which is why when I had one I'd only play pump when I played rec.

Players (just about all of them) who seem to need an hour between games, give me 3 minutes to grab a few pods and wipe my lens down and I'm good to go.

Players from other teams who take it too seriously then walk away butt hurt and shit talk us.

#40 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

People with full auto tippmanns who get angry at people who are able walk the trigger quickly because they are shooting too fast...

People who wait behind a corner for you to come then shoot you 5 times , You knew I was coming , you only needed 1 shot...

Rec-ball rampers...

People who think my lens cloth and my Barrel bag are for public use.

Posted Image

#41 slipknot414

slipknot414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

People who think im some snotty kid just cause is use an a ego. Sure im not very experienced but i dont act like some badass <_<

#42 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

nobody showing up to play

This ^^^

i agree with this, if im not using it, then i give it to random people to use

I had a Planet Eclipse lover use my Rev-I and compliment it before he realized it was dangerous power.

I got to use and EGO and GEO due to nice strangers trying to convert me.

Also I go to use a spire yesterday thanks to the nice REFs at dosser, and now I am in the market for one.

I also let other Rec ballers use my E1 to promote that "family" feeling at the field.

Renters mistaking me as a pro, or not allowing me to play with their group because they mistake me for something I am not.

I would actually love to play in that shirt. Also you just look "AGG". (Did I say it right?)

Edited by sonicx059, 04 November 2012 - 07:56 PM.

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#43 ContractKiller11

ContractKiller11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

Players (just about all of them) who seem to need an hour between games, give me 3 minutes to grab a few pods and wipe my lens down and I'm good to go.

Ugh I hate this nor do I understand it, luckily at my field they have 5 - 10 minute increments so if you're not ready, too bad.

#44 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

i let a mom use my droid. because i'm a nice guy. and i got their leftover paint haha

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#45 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

People who think im really good because I have nice gear (it took a long time of buying/selling/trading to get to this point), while im happy they think im good its kind of undeserved.

The milsim guys who make fun of me when I wear full speedball gear, Including the guy last week "looks like somebody is wearing his halloween costume early" (atleast im not some 30 year old who acts like he is in the army even though they never were)

The walk ons that never ever move up, its either you get into a longball battle with them or if they are on your team get run over by the team actually moving up.

This one is kind of rare but people who are actually there every weekend and still never ever communicate while playing. Me: "where is he?" other guy: silence.....

#46 ContractKiller11

ContractKiller11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Yep, by this logic anyone who plays golf with their own clubs is a "pro"... We just enjoy the sport.

#47 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

Yep, by this logic anyone who plays golf with their own clubs is a "pro"... We just enjoy the sport.

I actually dont mind if they follow you around because they will most likely do as you say. Which allows me to command them around a little bit instead of sitting in a corner. I got a kid to pick up the other teams flag and run it back to the fort while I covered him... That was a fun game.

#48 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

Yep couldn't be truer for me.

I play outlaw so we are all pretty much walk ons if you will.

My friend saying that his 14 inch rifled barrel makes his gun shoot so much straighter when in fact does kind of the opposite. Meanwhile I am getting the best shot grouping out of everybody with my stock barrel on my 98 custom.

A kid said that Angels were awesome. I said they were extinct and he was like aww man Angels were the best.

My other friend said that Brass Eagle made some of the best gun out there.

Apparently higher quality balls are harder lols. One of my other friends said that.

Apparently running behind somebody is bunkering, when in fact it is running past somebody and shooting them out.

Walking the trigger is now known as speedball.

I think that's about it for now.

Edited by Woodyballer29, 05 November 2012 - 10:38 AM.

I have and I always will be a Christian Baller.
My setup: Because I'm a bad*** Tippmann 98 custom with a shake and bake and two 20oz C02 tanks. Be jelly!

#49 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

A kid said that Angels were awesome. I said they were extinct and he was like aww man Angels were the best.

I will post more later.

Angels are pretty awesome. They were just stagnant, proprietary, and unable to adapt to the market. There is a guy with an ARK at my field and its a pretty dam cool gun.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#50 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

I prefer rec ball, most of the tourny players I've played with are assholes.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users