Photo

What do you dislike/hate the most about playing Sat/Sun Walkons?

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#51 ContractKiller11

ContractKiller11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

People with their "leet" Tippmanns thinking they are amazing

A kid said that Angels were awesome. I said they were extinct and he was like aww man Angels were the best.

I will post more later.

Angels are pretty awesome. They were just stagnant, proprietary, and unable to adapt to the market. There is a guy with an ARK at my field and its a pretty dam cool gun.

Guy at my field always used his, which is a surprise as he was fixing it more than playing.
Guns- DM8, Karnivore, BT-4, EGO 6, NightCast, Ion Fully Uped, Geo 2.1

#52 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

A kid said that Angels were awesome. I said they were extinct and he was like aww man Angels were the best.

I will post more later.

Angels are pretty awesome. They were just stagnant, proprietary, and unable to adapt to the market. There is a guy with an ARK at my field and its a pretty dam cool gun.

Guy at my field always used his, which is a surprise as he was fixing it more than playing.

Sure Angels are pretty awesome guns but the last part was what made me laugh, I mean they were not the best but back in the day they were probably pretty good, but they get blown out of the water nowadays and probably even back then a bit.

Edited by Woodyballer29, 05 November 2012 - 08:29 AM.

I have and I always will be a Christian Baller.
My setup: Because I'm a bad*** Tippmann 98 custom with a shake and bake and two 20oz C02 tanks. Be jelly!

#53 ContractKiller11

ContractKiller11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

My other friend said that Brass Eagle made some of the best gun out there.

That is both funny and amazing

#54 ContractKiller11

ContractKiller11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

Just thought of this.. Mainly kids at school or other places other than the field ask this, but somtimes at the field.. They ask "Does it have a double trigger" this isn't a Tippmann, of course it does. Granted there's pumps and stuff, but in general if you have a quality electric marker it has a double trigger...

Edited by ContractKiller11, 05 November 2012 - 10:50 AM.

#55 AT3256

AT3256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

The only thing I dislike about walk-on days is the pacing. I paid my entry fee so I could play, NOT so I could sit at a picnic table listening to you talk about how smooth your new Ego is or how cool your new HK headband looks over your i4s. I don't want to wait half an hour for you to pick an insert for your carbon fiber freak kit. I don't care how your buddy is such an idiot for buying a new G4. I just want to play some goddamned paintball.

#56 ContractKiller11

ContractKiller11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

The only thing I dislike about walk-on days is the pacing. I paid my entry fee so I could play, NOT so I could sit at a picnic table listening to you talk about how smooth your new Ego is or how cool your new HK headband looks over your i4s. I don't want to wait half an hour for you to pick an insert for your carbon fiber freak kit. I don't care how your buddy is such an idiot for buying a new G4. I just want to play some goddamned paintball.

Lol, I know it's great.. At the field up the street this used to be the dilemma all the time.. Would take 15-30 minute breaks just because... No real reason, and then people ask to go out and they said "in a minute." It's annoying as all hell.

#57 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

This one is kind of rare but people who are actually there every weekend and still never ever communicate while playing. Me: "where is he?" other guy: silence.....

Sorry but the last time I answered that question I was almost bunkered, or people just ignore me, or they don't know the difference between can, and triangle.

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#58 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

This one is kind of rare but people who are actually there every weekend and still never ever communicate while playing. Me: "where is he?" other guy: silence.....

Sorry but the last time I answered that question I was almost bunkered, or people just ignore me, or they don't know the difference between can, and triangle.

You can still shout back unless you cant do 2 things at once. You do not have to look at the guy to talk to them and communication is a big part of the sport. Whenever im on a team with communication the team can usually run over the team not communicating.

#59 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

• Groups of people who are afraid to play me because I look too good. Apparently this equates to paintball pro.

I'd wear your shirt. Had a gal at my old high school in the new generation of the theater Department (I was the end of my generation, but I trained the leaders of the next) wearing a Dash shirt, I snapped at her to get her attention and said "Shirt, Awesome, Brohoof". The bewilderment in her Eyes was so funny. =)

Iv been wanting to get a Admiral Bicorn and an 18th Century Reproduction Coat, To wear along with my other Things,

To be on topic;

I hate waiting, but I like breaks.. My group right now in college takes like 25 minutes between every 2 games. I know you're old farts but come on... If we could break every 3 games for 10 minutes that would be perfect.
What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#60 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

considering most of my "walk on" play lately is with the "advanced" group and we all know each other and just run the airball field all day scrimaging the local team, not too much to complain about, have 2 extra high ends in my bag plus 2 extra loaders and few extra tanks, and have no problem sharing them out or teching someone elses marker (though i hate having to try to fix my friends g4 which he dosent know how to maintain) but back before we were the practice squad, i would have to say, having to double or even triple up on bunkers because no one would call where they were going off break, no communication, and renters on your who decide that even though your facing the other way you have to be on the other team because no one would be able to be that far up the field while their still in their bunker off break.
Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#61 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

Over crowded speedball fields...

Posted Image

#62 Corysllw

Corysllw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

I haven't played in forever Posted Image

Edited by Corysllw, 06 November 2012 - 12:18 AM.

#63 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

I always love to play! People who are afraid are afraid
I'm sure all of you were noobs at one point in your life
109.gif

#64 Greyknight

Greyknight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

I hate seeing people take their masks off on the field and then acting like it isnt a big deal when they are told to put it back on, if you enjoy your eyesight it IS a big deal.

I also dislike seeing people not tone it down against newer players, my rule of thumb is to either switch to pump or at the very least switch my e/xmag to mech and turn off my revy.
Learning without thought is labor lost, thought without learning is powerless...

Posted Image

#65 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

When kids think my friends Kaos is the shit cuz it has a double trigger ( "ZOMG it must cost like infinity dollars")
When people call paintballs bullets.
When rentals ask how many FPS my gun shoots. It's not airsoft, I can change what my gun shoots at
When no one talks on the airball field
When I surrender a 10 year old kid and he still shoots me 5 times in the chest
Woodsballers who still think their 8 pound guns are the best, even for speedball
People who think a longer barrel makes your gun more "accurate"

And this... 15 on 15 on a psp field? really?

Edited by asthmaticrhino, 20 November 2012 - 12:27 PM.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#66 Rotozip2

Rotozip2

BRO do you even autococker?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:41 AM

And this... 15 on 15 on a psp field? really?

Simple solution, play hard and fast, LANE THOSE FUCKERS and do work. That is if they are experienced players, Newbies? Time to break out the pump.

Edited by Rotozip2, 22 November 2012 - 02:41 AM.

I never get wipers, blood is hard to wipe off.

Do it with style ~ Total Grief

I like autocockers and autococker accessories.

#67 lovebunny

lovebunny

Master Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

sensetiv whiny kids..

and peopol tha ask to damn mutch questions.. im out to have a good time.. not to answer stupid quiestions abuot guns and gear.

and that every one leaves and dosent help cleaning the field(reball field)
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Muppet King!
CCM 6.5 FST Rendition Alias and other goodies FST
Feedback

#68 yams00

yams00

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

rentals who think stocks mean the person is going to be better, or making comparisons between a paintball gun and a call of duty gun.

#69 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

stock AND tanks on a gun :angry:
Always getting stuck with the renters by yourslef against abunch of other experienced players
People that wont move up even the experienced ones.

#70 Dave1234

Dave1234

Redballs...its cocaine in a can

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

New kids who just start rippin through an experienced players gear bag.
Like wtf. Im sorry i pay for my own equipment and my gun alone is worth more than your entire setup.

#71 tatersinmytummy

tatersinmytummy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

when you get stuck against 4 or 5 guys who think it's the military. played with some guys like that this weekend, one guy was actually in the military and he was cool. the other two, not so much.

or when you get stuck against the little kid who wipes all the time, and you can't just keep shooting him like you would a normal cheater, cause their parents get pissed. this kid wiped a total of 12 hits in one game...

#72 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

Things I hate.

People Relating paintball to war.

Kids who Think that their gun is a machine gun when it is actually a 98 rental that is almost out of air. There isn't enough air to recock the bolt or hammer or whatever so it goes back and forth really quick.

"Pros"

lazy refs

People who you shoot once and then give you an excuse to shoot them more times because they did not want to get out.

People who ask for A Lot of Paint. However i think its ok to ask for a few like i did once because i completely ran out and just needed some if i had a definite shot

People who take their masks off because they find it uncomfortable. This always applies to people with rentals.

#73 voad

voad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

I always love to play! People who are afraid are afraid
I'm sure all of you were noobs at one point in your life

This, I love seeing walk ons and new players. I am a walk on. I have my own gear but I don't have a jersey or pants or any of that stuff. I go out there with my gun and my work clothes and have fun.

B-O-R-G spells BAMF

Posted Image
RIP

#74 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Too all the people bitching about "Over crowded PSP fields", do what we do at Camp Pendleton Paintball when we had a group that wanted to join up with our private (we had about 20 and they had about 15), we just made 5 mans teams and did a round robin mini tournament.

It's a lot of fun, and keeps the games quick.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#75 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Mid-inflated bunkers
When people bunker first timers in speedball when a surrender could have been offered.
Being nice, shooting someone in the foot and then the rub it into the ground and try to shoot me.
BS excuses for why I shot someone out (ex, gun was off, didn't hear the ref yell go)
When people think that anyone with a jersey is a "pro".
People thinking their fully upp'd tippman is better than my pump for speedball
People thinking pump is stupid
People wasting paint in the chrono
Not enough people to play speedball
People afraid to one on one me
People saying that I cheated just because I got a bounce on me
Cheaters in general
Long periods in between games
When people don't move past the back line if bunkers in a 1 v. 1 or a 2 v. 2
People shooting unecessarily large quantities of paint in recball (12 pods in a 2 on 2 speedball)
CoD References (map instead of field, bullets instead of paint, pros having sleight of hand, dolphin dives etc)

That's about it

Oh yeah, no communication in speedball

Edited by BenPlu2, 01 December 2012 - 02:20 PM.

YouTube
Gearbag Sale!
Current Set-Ups: Ego11, Rotor, 45/4500, Shaft 4, Trilogy, Gravity Hopper, POPS ASA, Azodin Reg, 45/4500, Shaft 4
Proudly sponsored by Zephyr and Empire

#76 ContractKiller11

ContractKiller11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Two of the biggest things.. I don't understand why people try "showing off" at the chrono or try playing target practice. Also the Pro thing, I get that at least once every other week. However I play it off like whatever or say a quick "yeah" and walk away or something. It's not that I embrace being a "poser" nor am I but I don't get offended like some people do.. It's whatever. Sometimes if it's a kid saying "Yo that guys a pro look at his $5000 gun." I'll say something but only when that BS occurs.

#77 BenPlu2

BenPlu2

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Two of the biggest things.. I don't understand why people try "showing off" at the chrono or try playing target practice. Also the Pro thing, I get that at least once every other week. However I play it off like whatever or say a quick "yeah" and walk away or something. It's not that I embrace being a "poser" nor am I but I don't get offended like some people do.. It's whatever. Sometimes if it's a kid saying "Yo that guys a pro look at his $5000 gun." I'll say something but only when that BS occurs.

Exactly
It's just annoying when a kid whose parent just bought them a ton of stuff thinks they are now pro
YouTube
Gearbag Sale!
Current Set-Ups: Ego11, Rotor, 45/4500, Shaft 4, Trilogy, Gravity Hopper, POPS ASA, Azodin Reg, 45/4500, Shaft 4
Proudly sponsored by Zephyr and Empire

#78 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

I hate it when:
-People argue with refs
-New players get mesmorized by how fast someones gun shoots.
-Refs dont pay attention to the game
-Theres that one guy who feels like its neccessary to tell people how great their *insert any paintball product* is during a game
-People have 20" barrels to make it shoot LaZoRs

Edited by GeezusPB, 01 December 2012 - 06:21 PM.

#79 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

I hate it when:
Paintball is compared to Call of Duty
People take off their mask in the middle of a game
Long ass waits in between games
People thinking my gun is "full auto"
People thinking I'm a pro
Planet Eclipse/ Dye Fanboys

#80 monkeyspirithand

monkeyspirithand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

People who dont get out the first time I hit them, for example, the other day I was with my dad playing paintball and I had 10 paintballs to start the game (for fun) and I shot someone and he didnt get out, later he told me that because I had a better gun, that he didnt have to get out after the first shot, like wtf...

#81 tatersinmytummy

tatersinmytummy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

This. I was playing semi capped at 12 or something bps, on a speedball field last saturday. some little bitch ass kid comes up to me after the game ans says "Hey man, turn off your full auto! It's an unfair advantage" and wouldn't believe me that a) I wasn't using full auto, and B) my fingers were just moving that fast.

#82 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

This. I was playing semi capped at 12 or something bps, on a speedball field last saturday. some little bitch ass kid comes up to me after the game ans says "Hey man, turn off your full auto! It's an unfair advantage" and wouldn't believe me that a) I wasn't using full auto, and B) my fingers were just moving that fast.

explaining semi-auto on a speedball marker is impossible, people just dont get it.

#83 tatersinmytummy

tatersinmytummy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

explaining semi-auto on a speedball marker is impossible, people just dont get it.

the funny bit was he understood how it worked. he had a spider electra or some shit, but he just couldn't rap his head around the fact that my fingers could move 10-12 times per second.

#84 teamDYNASTY

teamDYNASTY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

people who call me a pro because i wear a jersey i dont mind that its funny because they will look upto you the rest of day

me and my dad always play together and we have the same setup and it doesnt really botherus when people callus that because weremore expierenced we laugh most of the time and just walk away

new players that think they are cool because they shot someone

i was talking to my friend about getting a geo and this random kid says " i got a all gold one" and next weekend we see him renting

people take walk on days to seriously , were not here to fight you wanna be military guy

theres always that one guy you go after you dont know why you just wanna elimnate him so bad and you shoot him and itsaclear shot i shot him 2 times , he bunkers me , HE DIDNT EVEN WIPE THESHOTS JUST BUM RUSHES ME [ my term for bunkering]

i love helping new players i willlet them shoot my gun but i will be following him you justhear to many stories about gear being stolen techpbmike said "you gear will get stolen!"

the kid at your school example " oh im so much better then you at paintball ahhhhh ill 1v1 you on speedball ahhhhh my tippman 98 has like this new 22 inch barrrel its sooo sweet"

kids at my school all know iplay paintball iget challenges all the time and apparently the one guy i told you about that said he had a allgold geo????? well now his brother plays proffesionally i asked him his name he gave me a look and didnt say anything

ramping on walk on days

and finally , your average so called "pro"
pm me if you play at robinhood paintball

#85 NPpballer

NPpballer

I'm Rick James, BITCH!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

People who blame stuff on their equipment. A lot of times we split up teams based on what guns you own. Typically newer players aren't gonna run $1200 setups. This one guy with a brand new 2k12 G6r was saying, "I don't really think the gun should be a measure of skill in my case."

When people in the "Advanced" group bitch about being bunkered. If you're gonna sit in the back and hide in your bunker at the end of the game, you're going to get shot. Either move up or shut up.

#86 Cossak11

Cossak11

That guy who blasts Celtic rock when he enters the field.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

CODballers: noun Players (Usually rookies or New players) who equate paintball items or techniques to Call of Duty; People who think paintball IS call of duty.

examples of popular CODballer statements: Dude, I have juggernaut perk! i'm not out yet!

I just quick-scoped that guy!

That guy must have sleight of hand pro.

Look at my M-16 (Actually has a Tippmann Alpha black) Your guns suck (Others are using tippmann 98s, essentially the same gun internally.)

(Gets someone out) I have scavenger perk, give me your bullets.

I've heard all of these before ^^^

We deal in paint friend.

Commander 11th Michigan paintball volunteers AKA The Obsidian Knights

#87 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

Don't have many but this one sort of sticks out. One of my milsim buddys once said this about the Trracer

"It's a very acurate weapon"

What is this i don't even....

Haven't really experienced alot of the stuff you all have mentioned. Other than the renters who think my PMR is the coolest shit ever.

o8qo.jpg

#88 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Little to no competition. Its honestly not fun shooting out rentals. I like when I go with a few friends (who are also fairly good) and theres another group of guys there who we are constantly battling throughout the day.

rain

bad paint

bunkers dripping in paint fill on both sides

anyone who mentions swag or hk
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#89 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

I kinda like when I am gunfighting other owners through the day, it kinda becomes a fun little competition.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#90 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

People thinking I'm shooting full auto. People thinking I overshoot just because I use an electro. On Saturdays, the ref's restrict me from moving past the 50, regardless of group. This is a love/hate thing, is when people walk up to me and expect me to know everything about their gun and whats wrong with it and how they should play and ask if they can follow me around. This is because I wear a jersey and pants and mask that match.
Guys with their Tippmanns thinking their so boss.
People who tell other people wrong information regarding paintball.
The douchebag.
The loud punks.
Punks that have skater hair and are fat.
People questioning my orange cleats in my all white setup.
People thinking that I'm "pro" just because I have my name and team name on my jersey, then laugh at me when I get out ONCE.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#91 Rollieelmo

Rollieelmo

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

I'm gonna list stuff instead of a rant because otherwise I'd get madbromad enough to get a temp ban:

1. Out of bounds means you're out.
2. You have a hit on your face, you get out.
3. If everyone you shoot is bleeding from where they got shot, maybe you should chrono your gun. It's 2 balls, not that hard.
4. "That guy."
5. "That group of guys."
6. Getting shot in the back by my own team.

It's basically gotten to the point where I only play with my team, or with a group of guys I know and can trust, or I just sit in the back in recball.

Edited by Rollieelmo, 17 December 2012 - 12:40 AM.

Rockin' Cocks Revolution
MCB Feedback - Techpb feedback - PBN Feedback

#92 Jalen

Jalen

Resident Psychopath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

When they say "Oh, we're pretty much regulars here. Yeah, we come here all the time, like once a month"
I only play paintball so I can tell dirty jokes.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users