• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Cheesedawg

Cheesedawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

Hey guys, I have been playing paintball for about 6 months now, every few weekends and I want to pick up gear as a christmas present to myself. For some background, I play almost exclusively Recball.

I just want to know if there is anything on here I can get for a similar price that would be better, is outright crap, or same quality with lower price etc.

Marker: GoG eNMEy. Everything I have seen about this makes wish christmas came sooner, a reasonably priced marker that will be easy to maintain, shoot as much if not more paint then I could ever need playing casual recball, and a lifetime warranty.

Hopper: Dye Rotor. If i'm going to be getting one, I may as well get one that will last and should keep up with anything I will every use. Plus i'm a sucker for the colors.

Mask: Eflex, looks like it's going to fit my face, but I plan on trying one on before I make the purchase.

Tank: Ninja 68/4500. Everything I see says ninja tanks are high quality and will last till that last hydro.

Pod Pack: NXE 09 TP. Looks like a good pack for the price unless someone has a better recommendation.

I am looking for advice on pants, or a pants/shirt combo, because sliding in something other then jeans would be nice.
http://www.punishers...rseys_1952.aspx and http://www.punishers...pants_1953.aspx are some that I have found that I would buy now, if I can get some advice to their quality.

Also, as far as barrel covers, squeegees, and barrel cleaners go, are those often included in a marker, or is there somewhere else you would recommend for those? And for then eNMEy, what I have seen said that the only maintenance would be greasing the bolt every so often, what kind of grease is used for this and where does one find it?

Edited by Cheesedawg, 04 November 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#2 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

A very nice beginner set-up there.

As for pants, there hasn't been any huge revolution in paintball pants in many years, so I suggest going for an older pair on sale. I've been using a pair of Empire 08 Contacts for a couple years now and they've never let me down. Brands like JT, Empire, Smart Parts, Dye, and PE are always pretty nice and relatively easy to find on sale.
I've always thought jerseys were unnecessary unless they're custom and with meaning. Other than that, they don't offer that much over a t-shirt or long sleeve. Especially not to justify the price. $70? No thank you...

Barrel covers almost always come with the gun so you should be fine unless you want to buy some fancier designed ones (like me Posted Image). For swabs and squeegees, I like the Redz and similarly styled swabs.
For grease, you're going to want DOW33 for the eNMEy. You should also stick with GoG's brand of grease as it may void the warranty if you use anything else.

Edited by Antonious, 04 November 2012 - 04:45 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#3 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

looks good except the softgoods department

Get good pants, such as JT, empire, dye, planet eclipse pants. Skip the jersey since youre only playing recball, what you gain from a jersey is minimal. i also have that smartparts jersey and its complete dogshit.

I HIGHLY recommend knee and elbow pads ontop of what you are getting. my recommendation would be dye or planet eclipse

last thing is that if you have the extra cash, upgrading to the ninja pro reg is worth the money.

#4 fartingmonkeys123

fartingmonkeys123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Grab some pads n pants addn you shpuld go envy with or without blackheart its still great and easy to use but overall great setup

#5 slipknot414

slipknot414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Yeah if i were you i would save up some extra money and get the eNVy

#6 Cheesedawg

Cheesedawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

A very nice beginner set-up there.

As for pants, there hasn't been any huge revolution in paintball pants in many years, so I suggest going for an older pair on sale. I've been using a pair of Empire 08 Contacts for a couple years now and they've never let me down. Brands like JT, Empire, Smart Parts, Dye, and PE are always pretty nice and relatively easy to find on sale.
I've always thought jerseys were unnecessary unless they're custom and with meaning. Other than that, they don't offer that much over a t-shirt or long sleeve. Especially not to justify the price. $70? No thank you...

Barrel covers almost always come with the gun so you should be fine unless you want to buy some fancier designed ones (like me Posted Image). For swabs and squeegees, I like the Redz and similarly styled swabs.
For grease, you're going to want DOW33 for the eNMEy. You should also stick with GoG's brand of grease as it may void the warranty if you use anything else.

Sounds good man, thanks for the advice.

Get good pants, such as JT, empire, dye, planet eclipse pants. Skip the jersey since youre only playing recball, what you gain from a jersey is minimal. i also have that smartparts jersey and its complete dogshit.

I HIGHLY recommend knee and elbow pads ontop of what you are getting. my recommendation would be dye or planet eclipse

last thing is that if you have the extra cash, upgrading to the ninja pro reg is worth the money.

Looks like some sound advice, I will keep on the look out for some sales on those pants.

Grab some pads n pants addn you shpuld go envy with or without blackheart its still great and easy to use but overall great setup

My only problem with the envy is paying 60 bucks extra for something I don't really need or can justify at this point, I only play recball and I have never found myself wishing that I could throw more paint down field, even with 98cs. I just want a solid marker that will last, without much upkeep outside of a wipedown and a grease up every now and again.

Yeah if i were you i would save up some extra money and get the eNVy

See above.

#7 Chase99192

Chase99192

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Get the eXTCy, for 50 bucks you get alot more

#8 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Going from the enmey to the extcy is $120

#9 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

It is very much worth it, has everything you will need in a marker. If you ever want to play a tournament with some friends, you can do that without having to buy another marker.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#10 paintball77

paintball77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Extcy is a better gun, the enemy is not electric whatsoever so id skip that and get a proto rail

#11 Cheesedawg

Cheesedawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

It is very much worth it, has everything you will need in a marker. If you ever want to play a tournament with some friends, you can do that without having to buy another marker.

Extcy is a better gun, the enemy is not electric whatsoever so id skip that and get a proto rail

I think you guys missed what I said above, I only play recball, and I have no want for a electro, nor the funds and time to do anything more serious then casual recball.

I'm not saying that the extcy is not a better gun mind you, just that I don't need that much gun.

I may some day want to take paintball more seriously, but I will cross that bridge when I get there, that is what the Ninja tank and Rotor are for, but as of now I do not need a gun that puts out 20 bps, the fields I visit only allow semi auto anyway, I just don't want to be renting a tippman forever. I would like something to call my own.

Edited by Cheesedawg, 06 November 2012 - 12:00 AM.

#12 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

But electronic markers are semi auto.

Semi auto is defined as 1 trigger pull = 1 shot.

I would get the enemy as well because it looks like a Kaos killer.

#13 Corysllw

Corysllw

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

Yeah get the eNMEy

#14 Cheesedawg

Cheesedawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

But electronic markers are semi auto.

Semi auto is defined as 1 trigger pull = 1 shot.

I would get the enemy as well because it looks like a Kaos killer.

I guess I should have phrased that differently, and you are right, if i'm only getting to shoot semi in the first place spending another $120 for options I can't even use seems silly,

#15 andy u

andy u

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

seems like a pretty solid setup to me!
I personally love GOG products! the only other thing i could suggest is maybe getting a invert/empire halo too if your looking to save some money.
Setup: GOG enVy, empire halo too, V-force grillz, ninja 68/4500

#16 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

I wouldn't go the eflex route if I were you, not very happy with the value of it. The grill will give you better value. I actually kinda regret buying the eflexes over a second pair of grill
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#17 pingo597

pingo597

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

i prefer a prophecy over a rotor. i think there more durable and nicer looking :D

#18 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Prophecies are not more durable than a rotor, but they don't jam, hold more paint, and just in general perform better on the field. However Rotors seem to be all the rage nowadays. They aren't bad either, just overpriced and have the occasional jam.

Your setup looks good. It is VERY, VERY wise of you to get the good stuff: 68/4500, Good mask, Good Hopper. That is definitely the route to take. I would suggest trying to go for the eXTCy, but it won't be the end of the world. There are things you could do to save money to get it (like buying a used Empire Prophecy V2 [not z2], and a generic 68/4500 tank), but since it involves buying used it may be outside your comfort zone.

Posted Image

#19 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

eNMy looks like a great marker on paper. I haven't tried it but I am planning to pick one up. If you can save some more money to buy the eXTCy or the eNVy you'll be more satisfied as either of those will be able to keep up with the speed of any other marker that is out there today within regulations.

As for soft goods,
Get knee and arm pads instead of the jersey or pants. They will offer you more protection than the jersey or pants themselves and also allow you to make dives or any stunt with minimum worry.

As for the pack,
I personally prefer saving up more to purchase a pack of better build quality but the NXe TP 09 pack will do the job just fine.

Other then that,
Everything else looks pretty solid! :tup:

Edited by crPaliza, 16 November 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#20 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

This sounds like good advise pants should be going on sale soon to make room for the new stuff. And if your into recball i would suggest a valken vtac jersey of some sort there are plenty of camo designs and provide decent protection.

#21 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

The rotor is a tad overkill imo, great hopper, don't get me wrong I LOVE mine. I just think you could save a lot of money by getting an empire reloader b that would be better used for playing! :)
It's a nice hopper though, and your philosophy about buying the best once instead of buying shit 4 times is the same one I use when I buy gear lol
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#22 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

looks good except the softgoods departmentGet good pants, such as JT, empire, dye, planet eclipse pants. Skip the jersey since youre only playing recball, what you gain from a jersey is minimal. i also have that smartparts jersey and its complete dogshit.I HIGHLY recommend knee and elbow pads ontop of what you are getting. my recommendation would be dye or planet eclipselast thing is that if you have the extra cash, upgrading to the ninja pro reg is worth the money.

This sounds like good advise pants should be going on sale soon to make room for the new stuff. And if your into recball i would suggest a valken vtac jersey of some sort there are plenty of camo designs and provide decent protection.

get a jersey dont listen to the first guy about not getting one, with the second guy however dont get a valken vtac they're not that great for the money id rather spend a bit more and get something better.

Lulzjustacat.png

#23 Cheesedawg

Cheesedawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

Suppose I should update this, this is what I have gotten so far, still waiting on the matching jersey and a few other things.

Posted Image

#24 TexasBalla

TexasBalla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Suppose I should update this, this is what I have gotten so far, still waiting on the matching jersey and a few other things.

Posted Image

Great setup bro!

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users