10 replies to this topic

#1 DSP

DSP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

Hi to all the fellow paint-baller's around the globe :rolleyes:
I recently got hold of an Azodin Kaos. I have used it a lot and it's ownage. :lol: Best mech marker ever!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: Any way, I wanted my balls to go straighter at longer range. The Azodin comes with a 12" barrel, would it be a good idea to get a longer barrel? Any other upgrades? :rolleyes:

Thanks. ^_^

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,995 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

A longer barrel won't do anything you're looking for. The only way to add range is to use an Apex attachment or a Flatline, however the added range comes at the disadvantage of not being useful extra range, since the paintballs will be traveling slow enough to rarely ever break at that long distance.

There's also no way to help your accuracy with a new barrel (unless there's straight up issues with the inside bore of your stock barrel). The best thing you can do for good accuracy is to use the best paint available to you, and to make sure your gear is clean.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 04 November 2012 - 02:35 AM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#3 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

before you even think about it

read this

http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=152223

#4 DSP

DSP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:41 AM

Ok, so a longer barrel doesn't help. (I keep all my equipment shiny and oiled after each game, I'm new to TechPB but not to Paintball). :D Thanks guys. ^_^

Edited by DSP, 04 November 2012 - 02:43 AM.

#5 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

Azodin Kaos... Best mech marker ever!!!!!

I beg to differ.

Anyway, a longer barrel may help with your accuracy.
In a physical sense, it won't change anything. However, if you the shooter are having difficulty aiming with a shorter barrel, a longer one may be easier for you to point.
It doesn't change the gun's accuracy, but may change your ability.

Just find a barrel length you like and stick with it.

Edited by Antonious, 04 November 2012 - 04:22 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#6 DSP

DSP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

I beg to differ.

In a physical sense, it won't change anything. However, if you the shooter are having difficulty aiming with a shorter barrel, a longer one may be easier for you to point.

What is that gun??????? :blink: (And no I didn't say I have trouble aiming! I said I wanted to know if there is something that [gives] more accuracy while shooting faaaar!) <_< (Whats better about that gun? Azodin vs Mystery Gun). -_- The Azodin is the best mech marker I have ever held.

Edited by DSP, 04 November 2012 - 09:36 AM.

#7 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

It's an Automag, with X valves (X-Mag) (I believe). With is arguable the best mech EVER. (I still have yet to try the GoG eNMEy)

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#8 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

I beg to differ.

What is that gun??????? :blink: (And no I didn't say I have trouble aiming! I said I wanted to know if there is something that [gives] more accuracy while shooting faaaar!) <_< (Whats better about that gun? Azodin vs Mystery Gun). -_- The Azodin is the best mech marker I have ever held.

Antonious is showing off his Automag. If you like the Azodin Kaos, I think you'd enjoy amplifying its performance with the rocksteady regulator and the ZeRO system. That won't make the shots fly any farther or straighter, but you'll get efficiency gains and can then underbore if you want for better efficiency and consistency. Back in the day I never got to shoot an Automag, but I like the Kaos-D better than any Spyder or Cocker that was out there in the early 90's. It's also much better than any rental Tippman I've used.

(I wouldn't mind seeing if the eNMEy changes the mechanical landscape, though!)
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#9 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

The only thing that gives better accuracy when shooting far is the Tiberius First Strike rounds which your marker cannot shoot unless you take out the bolt and load them in each time.

Paintballs determine accuracy and I am not sure a Kaos can shoot G.I. 5 Star.

#10 DSP

DSP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

I beg to differ.

Antonious is showing off his Automag. If you like the Azodin Kaos, I think you'd enjoy amplifying its performance with the rocksteady regulator and the ZeRO system. That won't make the shots fly any farther or straighter, but you'll get efficiency gains and can then underbore if you want for better efficiency and consistency. Back in the day I never got to shoot an Automag, but I like the Kaos-D better than any Spyder or Cocker that was out there in the early 90's. It's also much better than any rental Tippman I've used.

(I wouldn't mind seeing if the eNMEy changes the mechanical landscape, though!)

Is that a kaos-D up there? :D

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

I beg to differ.

Haha OK bro, not everyone has an XMag with Carbon fiber errthang! But my friend has one extremely similar to that, albeit black. Sexy gun, wish I could go grab one out of the blue and keep it forever.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users