• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 verytucker

verytucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

I saw a schweet deal on this 08 proto slg,so I bought it. first thing that happened was the bolt was not recocking about every ten shots so I had to press the air purge button to send the bolt back ,I called proto they said rais the sear, so I did,it didn't help then I also noticed that I got 100 shots on a 500 shot tank. I called proto,they said replace 2 orings on the bolt, I replaced the orings and the leak was fixed but the bolt still jams,I cracked it open and raised the sear as far as I could and still not fixed. Anyone have any ideas?Will proto fix this for free? I am useing dow 33 and I lubed it up good (how much is too much?) Thanks

#2 Broken Noise

Broken Noise

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:53 PM

hmmm, i don't really know what is wrong with your gun, try taking the bolt out, clean all the crap off of it and use a small amount of dye slick lube
Proto 09 SLG UL
Pure Energy Steelie
Gangstar'd Vlocity Jr.

#3 yuleox

yuleox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:54 PM

Depends where you bought it from (store or person) and if you have a warranty. Whered you buy it from?

Sig made by Laburton
Help laburton become a mod here>
http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20741

#4 MurphMan

MurphMan

Badass Mod ☺

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:07 PM

I saw a schweet deal on this 08 proto slg,so I bought it. first thing that happened was the bolt was not recocking about every ten shots so I had to press the air purge button to send the bolt back ,I called proto they said rais the sear, so I did,it didn't help then I also noticed that I got 100 shots on a 500 shot tank. I called proto,they said replace 2 orings on the bolt, I replaced the orings and the leak was fixed but the bolt still jams,I cracked it open and raised the sear as far as I could and still not fixed. Anyone have any ideas?Will proto fix this for free? I am useing dow 33 and I lubed it up good (how much is too much?) Thanks

Do you know what FPS you are shooting? Also, try a new battery

Edited by MurphMan, 21 March 2009 - 08:08 PM.

#5 verytucker

verytucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:18 PM

Do you know what FPS you are shooting? Also, try a new battery

why would the fps matter? are you saying increasing my velocity would help? I just got it in the mail from ebay and idk what the velocitys at I think it might be below 300 fps (my feilds max) because it dosn't sting when I dry fire it at my hand.

#6 verytucker

verytucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:20 AM

I can comfirm proto will fix it for free

#7 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:38 AM

try lowering the sear. sounds to me like it's not catching on the sear when the bolt is thrown back.

also, i agree with the gentleman who suggested cleaning it all out, and lightly lubing it up with the slick lube. i found on my SLG, that too much gunk can clog the workings, and keep the sear from catching the bolt.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#8 verytucker

verytucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:46 PM

try lowering the sear. sounds to me like it's not catching on the sear when the bolt is thrown back.

also, i agree with the gentleman who suggested cleaning it all out, and lightly lubing it up with the slick lube. i found on my SLG, that too much gunk can clog the workings, and keep the sear from catching the bolt.

I buffed the inside of that gun to a mirror finish then applied a small amount of dow 33 but it's in proto's hands now.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users