• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 zenopb

zenopb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

So I own an Infinity Legend v2 and I'm about to get an Alias Intimidator. I'm trying to figure out which gun I should main or to be blunt which is "better" I love the legend since I play pure semi and I really don't care which one is lighter..etc

In consistency and in "smoothness" when playing which is better?

Thanks alot and I'm prepared for the biased opinions.

#2 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

timmys are sometimes smoother than spools so....

#3 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

i can confirm this.
i had a Miami Rage timmy a few years ago. it was honestly smoother than the pm7 i had at the time.

to answer your question, theres nothing a timmy can do that your legend can't. its a very lateral move on your part.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#4 zenopb

zenopb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

i can confirm this.
i had a Miami Rage timmy a few years ago. it was honestly smoother than the pm7 i had at the time.

to answer your question, theres nothing a timmy can do that your legend can't. its a very lateral move on your part.

So is it safe to say the timmy is smoother and will perform as well as the legend plus more?

I take care of my guns and do basic maintenance on them, just wanted another gun that will perform well because I'm hoping to start playing tournaments soon.

#5 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

timmy's are straight baller. a 2k2 timmy shoots better than most spools under 500

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#6 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

i can confirm this.

So is it safe to say the timmy is smoother and will perform as well as the legend plus more?

I take care of my guns and do basic maintenance on them, just wanted another gun that will perform well because I'm hoping to start playing tournaments soon.

if you want something better or more reliable than your legend, id recommend just getting an ego.
while i have a soft spot for timmies, they have never been reliable for me. after owning close to 5-6 of them, i wouldn't buy another for competitive use.

if you like your legend, why not just got another one? they'll probably be cheaper than getting a timmy anyways.
totally understand wanting something different, but hey, its a thought.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#7 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

If you have a Tadao board and Rhino spring in your legend, I would stick with it. Timmies are very fun to shoot, but the legend is very comparable, has a better trigger, and is easier to maintain.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#8 zenopb

zenopb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

If you have a Tadao board and Rhino spring in your legend, I would stick with it. Timmies are very fun to shoot, but the legend is very comparable, has a better trigger, and is easier to maintain.

I have a Tadao Board in it, and to be honest the gun feels great. I'm looking to play no more than D3 tournament paintball so I don't want to spend too much on a marker.

I've had several markers already and weight is not an issue so I don't want a lighter "faster" gun because my semi auto is really great (reason I got the legend was for semi auto)

My team and I are going to play the NPPL Huntington Beach, so I hope this new timmy and my legend work great in the tourny, then I'll decide whether to get a different gun for tourney play. Smart or a waste of time/money?

Please be straight up with me I want the advice

Money not really an issue. Reason for getting the timmy was because of their good reputation and I'm into owning these guys with 09+ high end guns with 6 year old guns :P
nah just into old school markers. What should I do and thanks.

#9 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

If you are going to play in HB, id just balls it up and get a g6r. The g6r will work like a charm and will be more reliable than the timmy as pretty much everything about them has been figured out. The g6r is just the best platform right now and seeing as how bob seems like hes just going to stick with that platform for at least the next year, its not a bad investment.

If i were in your position, i would either just stick with the legend or get a used g6r. used g6rs are 500 dollars right now and are worth it. The g6r is a much improved timmy.

if you really want a gen3 then get it.. but dont expect to perform miracles because you got a new gun because gen3s are still heavy and crampped.

#10 zenopb

zenopb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

If you are going to play in HB, id just balls it up and get a g6r. The g6r will work like a charm and will be more reliable than the timmy as pretty much everything about them has been figured out. The g6r is just the best platform right now and seeing as how bob seems like hes just going to stick with that platform for at least the next year, its not a bad investment.

If i were in your position, i would either just stick with the legend or get a used g6r. used g6rs are 500 dollars right now and are worth it. The g6r is a much improved timmy.

if you really want a gen3 then get it.. but dont expect to perform miracles because you got a new gun because gen3s are still heavy and crampped.

Thanks alot man, I really appreciate you always answering my questions. I'm gonna get the Alias and save up for the G6R or another high end gun If anything I'll send you a message if I have any other questions, thanks again (:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users